Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic cooking class!

My wife and I are just back from our trip to Koh Samui. She found Um via TripAdvisor and booked up... read more

Reviewed February 24, 2020
993tomt
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
via mobile
What a great day with a wonderful cook !

We were on a cruise in SE Asia and for a day in Ko Samui . I had contacted before hand Um from... read more

Reviewed February 20, 2020
Anthony F
London, Canada

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Maret
from $23.55
from $50.46
from $94.98
More Info
All reviews recipe book the kitchen at home great teacher take home delicious dishes panang curry highly recommend this class wonderful afternoon thai ingredients fabulous experience picked up from our hotel learned how private lesson highlight of our trip low season koh samui
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2019

A great and tasty experience for the whole family. We arrived at the class with our three children and grandchildren and had a wonderful and delicious afternoon with Um. She teaches cooking in an orderly and thorough manner.
You end the day with a neat recipe book and a full stomach.
The view from the place is very beautiful.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Having visited Thailand a number of times and loving the food, decided this year to do a cooking course. The hotel recommended Lamai Thai Cooking School and I'm so glad they did.

Um is a brilliant tutor, very knowledgeable and explained about the different ingredients used in Thai Cooking. We were soon preparing, cooking and eating 5 different dishes. I'm vegetarian and Um adapted the recipes for me.

We all came away with a recipe book enabling us to make 10 different dishes and Um's email address if we needed help once we were back home.

Overall a great experience and one definitely worth doing, I would highly recommend it and can't wait to try my newly acquired skills at home.

Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

Well that was a delight not only did we get to meet new people we also got Um to teach and show us how to cook authentic Thai, what a blessing.

We would highly recommend this cooking school and it’s teacher very professional and pleasant. The kitchen is open air and looks out over a beautiful stretch of coastline

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a cooking course with Um this afternoon. Um was great, very easy to understand and gave very detailed information about the ingredients that we used in the class and the cooking process. She makes it look super easy, but you pick up on the skills needed and I feel enthusiastic and confident about returning home and cooking the 5 meals we learnt - as well as the other dishes from the cool recipe book we were given.
As a bonus the school is in a great location by the sea, you get picked up and get to eat all the delicious food you cook. I highly recommend taking the cooking class with Um!!!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

We had a fantastic Christmas Day cooking experience with Um, our Chef. We cooked several traditional Thai dishes including spring rolls, Tom kha gai, pad Thai, and coconut and banana desert. The school is located near the water in a small village. It is also open air. Um is wonderful and very patient. A great experience overall!

Date of experience: December 2018