“Great healthy getaway”

Lamai Fitness
Ranked #20 of 31 Spas & Wellness in Maret
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bootcamp & fitness camp with packages to change you lfiestyle and set you new goals - Thailands best known camp that gives you individual attention maximum size groups of 5 all with the same end results - our professional coaches have worked with athletes and beginers on Tv Shows such as the Biggest Loser asia and The Muaythai Challeneger - join our team and et your goals with us at different evemnts of the year - now in a new location just 5 minute from the beach
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 16, 2017

I had a few weeks off in-between jobs, and although I was going to the gym, i was finding a lot of my time was being spent on the sofa, hiding from the cold and miserable UK weather, and well, just not being particularly productive. I decided it was time to escape on a last minute trip to get me out of my sluggish mood. Having looked around at a few other places, I found Lamai fitness. I contacted Billy on the Friday, who was super responsive and accommodating meaning I was booked and on my way by Sunday. I did 10 days in total and genuinely would have loved to stay longer. Over the course of my program my fitness levels improved dramatically with the added bonus of losing 3kg. All of the Lamai team are great, big shout out to Jason who was key to keeping everyone motivated and happy. With sessions in the morning and evening you have the day to enjoy the sunshine and the island which really suited me and meant you didn't burn out. I came on my own and had no problem meeting lots of great people, varying in age and nationality. Definitely planning on coming back when I need another retox. Thanks again.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"team"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed February 11, 2017

I spent a challenging and gratifying two weeks at Lamai Fitness in January 2017. I hadn’t been consistent with exercise in years and wanted to jump-start 2017 so I’d get back into a consistent work out routine. Enter: Lamai Fitness (referred by a friend who went and loved it). I was terrified, excited and didn’t know what to expect. Prior to my visit, from our first email communication, Billy Orr, Head Fitness Coach, was prompt with his responses and immediately started supporting/encouraging me. Fitness routine (Monday – Friday): cardio (morning), yoga (M, W, F morning) and HIIT (afternoon). Each day was different so you never got bored. The trainers tailored parts of each workout to ones abilities and it was a very supportive environment – not competitive (with each other) at all. Each day was filled with a new challenge – physical AND mental, and I couldn’t have done it without Jason Stamatovski, Personal Trainer, by my side. He was constantly encouraging me and got me through many workouts – a huge support. The clientele was a mixture of those wanting to get back into shape to triathletes. The people I met were incredible and I made friends for life! I enjoyed the nutrition program that complemented the fitness. Wild Tribe, Lamai’s partner vegan café next door, had delicious food and friendly staff. Felt like a community! The accommodations were clean and comfortable; enough downtime to recuperate from the workouts; laundry 20 feet away; good massage place across the street. I left feeling stronger, more confident and down a few kilos/inches! I was proud of myself!! Highly recommend Lamai Fitness!

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Great experience. Billy and Jason are brilliant trainers and great guys. Helped keep me motivated throughout and gave me good advice on improving my diet. Helped me reach my goals and have learned valuable lessons for continuing a healthy life in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2017

This is my 2nd time training at Lamai Fitness while staying at the Visit Natural Detox Resort! The training is amazing with incredible trainers! You do cardio in the mornings in form of swimming, biking, running, running hills or hiking! Evening sessions are either Xfit or weights! I love going here because I know that I will be pushed to my limits while having a great time with amasing people!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

Lamai Fitness is a strength and conditioning unit run by Billy Orr, an ex-pat from the UK replete with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

I rocked up, unprepared, in my flip-flops.

Billy: you got trainers?
Me: erm, back at my hotel
Billy: well go get them then
Me: ok.

I nearly died three times that night with 45 hill sprints, burpees, squats, and the rest that followed, but I was hooked. I was being pushed beyond my comfort training zone and was loving it. There's something about working hard for someone who wants to train you, if you give them 100% they will give it back. The relationship is two-way.

And to make things even better, the people I was training alongside were a complete pleasure to sweat my guts out with. They really were. We were from all walks of life: a PR officer, a cross-fitter, a landscape gardener, an accountant, a teacher, and me. I loved being part of this group - I felt encouraged and part of a team.

I trained twice a day for the best part of 10 days, and I got out of bed to get to the 7am classes and returned again at 5pm - because of Billy, my team mates and the anticipation of what was in store for training. By day three I took the infamous 'detox drink' and would highly recommend anyone thinking of training to do this. It will cost you around $2 and has - pretty much - the same benefits to cleaning your body as a 7 day fast. By day six I could see the physical changes to my body shape. (I was also eating clean).

I took part in the group classes and would highly recommend these to anyone; running, triathlon training, strength and conditioning - great motivation, great inspiration and a great sweat-on! Good music pumping as you workout.

When I'm in Thailand I normally train in Chalong, Phuket - but next time, I come back, I'll be coming back to Lamai Fitness.