“Another Great Vacation on Samui”
Review of Villa Nalinnadda

Villa Nalinnadda
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Maret
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights last month and had a great time. This was actually my second visit to the island, and we picked a real winner.

My wife and I are out of our 20's, so we didn't want to do a lot of drinking or hard partying, and this place was perfect for us. It was in a quiet area, just far enough from the heart of things to make it private and quiet. Next time we're definitely renting a scooter, though!

That said, of course we did go out drinking once or twice, and having breakfast delivered to the room really helped the next morning! My wife also made sure to take advantage of the unlimited spa treatments to keep the relaxation going. It helped that the weather wasn't great, so she didn't feel guilty about spending so much time at the spa.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank capnhist
Nalinnadda, Manager at Villa Nalinnadda, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Many thanks for your kind and valuable comments and thank you for staying with us. It was a great pleasure having you here and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to “our little paradise”.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in the beachfront collection room, which is as the name says directly by the sea and you have a nice terrace to enjoy the view. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was served to our terrace, which was a delight each morning.
The room rate included daily massage treatments and herbal steam, which was really relaxing. Had a great stay at Villa Nalinnadda, such a perfect place, with the best, friendliest and genuinely caring hotelstaff that I have ever encountered.

Samui is a great place to explore and the staff will assist you to rent a motorbike, just 250 THB/ day and will show you on the map where the sites are.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Nalinnadda, Manager at Villa Nalinnadda, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Many thanks for choosing Villa Nalinnadda. I am glad you enjoyed a nice stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments on our rooms as well as our breakfast presentation. Again thank you for your review. We hope we can welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Service is not existent. The rooms are dated, spa/jacuzzi is filthy, floor is damaged and bath facilities are poor. Would not recommend !!!!!! or come back. Two stars and third of the price is realistic for this place

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank MirelaDj

Many thanks for your review. I think it is a great shame that you felt your stay with us was below average as it is our goal to exceed all our guests expectations. I do however appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with your thoughts and feedback.

We were not able to find the damage in the floor as you mentioned. I assume this is something our housekeeping team has seen and repaired already. I apologize that you experienced this problem during your stay, which is definitely unacceptable for our cleaning standards. We will conduct a deeper check of all our rooms to make sure this does not occur again.

Once again we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, which understandably caused you some dissatisfaction. I would like thank you again for bringing these points to our attention, allowing us to improve our services and the overall guest experience at Villa Nalinnadda.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked this hotel as a 'luxury´ mid way treat for our honeymoon of a two month visit to south east Asia. Hotel is nothing like the pictures or the description. We paid for the 180degree sea view room that promised us an open air Jacuzzi on the balcony. We got a sea view but was not 180 degrees as paid good money for and no Jacuzzi on the balcony. We were told these rooms are not available as are currently occupied. They offered us to switch for the last two nights of our stay. Bed was broken as was window in bathroom and also balcony doors not secure at all. Could've easily have been broken into. Swimming pool is nice and because it is a small hotel you generally have it to yourself. Steps to beach are wooden planks placed on rocks not good for those with bad knees or no balance. Cannot swim at beach at all too shallow and too weedy . It really doesn't look like the photos on the website. This is more like a 20dollar a night not 200dollars. The unlimited spa treatments are not unlimited ...only allowed one a day and there are a few treatments you have to pay extra for. They only do a few massages, couple of facials and two body scrubs. Not a great selection.
Listed as located on Lamai beach - Lamai beach is a 250 baht (5GBP) taxi ride away, it's actually in a tiny village but on a very busy noisy road with a couple of Muslim restaurants hardly ever open and with one 7/11 store (we survived on snacks and drinks from this for lunch and dinner.
The food and drink at Nalinnadda were very overpriced pad Thai style noodles were 390baht very expensive compared to the rest of Samui and Thailand and a quarter of the portion. Don't even waste your money on it if you decide to stay here. Prawn curry consists of three prawns and about 5 thin slices of carrot and celery. Ridiculous. Breakfast provided was a good selection but that comes in the room rate. No facilities to make complimentary tea or coffee in room. You have to pay for these from the reception come kitchen come bar and dining area. That communal area is more like one in a hostel. The hotel blamed Agoda for bad advertising when their own website also is guilty of it. The receptionists are nice helped arrange taxis and gave us information. However not much at all around here you need to rent a moped to go anywhere. Won't be wasting money Herr again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you paid for! A few couples we met like us paid for 180degree room but did no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chantelle R

Warm greetings from Koh Samui and thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and were happy with the service provided by our receptionists and also that you liked our pool and the privateness of the pool area, but we are saddened to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

You raise many reasonable points and concerns, which we will gratefully use to improve our product and service delivery.

I am very sorry to learn that you were experiencing problems with the door lock. Had this been reported to us immediately, I am sure we could have fixed both problems quickly. At this point, we can only apologize. We will conduct a check of all locks, thank you for pointing this out.

We have noticed that many guests point out exactly what you mention about our location being in the more quiet south of Lamai. Many guests arrive worried that it is in a central location, but as soon as they go into the central locations and return, they are very thankful not to be living there. Travelers always have different preferences, but I would say that our returning guests choose us for this particular reason: that Villa Nalinnadda is located in a less busy area, where they can relax in a private atmosphere. Keep in mind that Samui is not a big island and we are less than 10 minutes away from the center of Lamai Beach, where most of the “action” is found

Once again many thanks for your valuable feedback. We do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Worst experiences I've ever had. I booked 4 days 3 nights for 180 degree sea-views in which website shows quite obviously jacuzzi outdoor however my holiday dream turned into nightmare once we arrived, reception staff brought us to the totally different room from what we'd booked, so small, old room and just one person fitted indoor jacuzzi.
When we asked them why it's different, they kept talking it's the same price, none of those rooms available at that time and they said the room type we'd booked actually have this kind of room as well. We asked them if there are two kinds of settings should you mentioned on website clearly?. They promised will do but I couldn't see faithful in her eyes.
I checked on internet again right away as they said no way we can change the room on that night but because I looked into their varied room types again and again before I booked to make sure which we most like, so I really sure that the room they showed us was half-price lower than mine!! We forced them to change finally, what even more surprised us was the room they really confirmed not available turned out to free just because we insisted to refusing the room they'd offered.
After dispute ended, all the way from that moment we had got staring from all the staffs there as if we broken their properties or done something truly faults and with bad and wrong gossips seemed like spreading all the time we moved and it'd been continuing until we left.

Apart from that no one in that resort had given us good services ever during we had been staying in the resort. No offered spa options we had to ask by ourselves, luckily we'd studied good enough so we hadn't lost our rights we should have got.

Beware for breakfast coffee as I pretty sure most of travelers go for day-trip which picking-up time is normally before 8 o'clock you will get box set instead with no options and with no coffee!!! You wouldn't know before cause no one utter about it when you order even having in their reception area waiting for bus and you'd suppose what it should to be is complimentary however when you leave you will get over-priced bill for under-qualified coffee which even Mocha they're unable to make.

I totally disappointed for what we'd expected as their rate is so high and still until now. I know there's some who might have got great experiences as well but I just wanna share what we really had got as turning upside down which I think it's because they'd have treated upon on selections. Hope you won't be the ones like us.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank BankWestPlanet
Nalinnadda, Manager at Villa Nalinnadda, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Many thanks for your review. We are obviously very sad to see that you had such a disappointing experience with us, but we do appreciate your comments. Feedback like this is extremely useful and helps us prioritize our work and improve our performance.

It is a great shame that your stay with us started off that way and this is obviously not the impression we would like to make on our arriving guests. The room you were showed first was the Beachfront Collection room, which is indeed the same rate as the 180 Degree Sea-view Collection. But we do understand that you needed the outside Jacuzzi and we are happy to hear that you liked the room.

We are confused by your comment regarding the Spa. As far as our records show you each enjoyed 3hrs complimentary Spa treatment on the day staying at the hotel and also enjoyed the Spa after your day-trip.

As for your comment regarding the hot beverage at breakfast, which includes black coffee but not the from you ordered Mokka, which we do not have on our beverage menu and do not serve at the Hotel.

Once again, we offer our sincere thanks for your comments and feedback. we apologize that we were unable to satisfy you during your stay.

With best wishes from the Villa Nalinnadda Team

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there during Thailand long holiday.It was better than I think my husband told me dont trus hotel photos from website but in real was really good as in the photo. Staffs there very nice and service mild also massage very good. We booked 180 degree sea view was really good room I can say just I dont want to go out you can enjoy sea view un ur room and out door jaguzzy all was really perfect. Just one thing that not much ok is you cant swim on the beach there coz it not much deep and not really clean but you can enjoy the pool and massage in stead for me I did not need beach much that time because we just landing so it was very good for jet lag couple....
Thank you villa and stuffs you brought us very good time kisses!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Apiwan R

Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again! With best wishes from the Villa Nalinnadda Team!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a minor problem at the beginning with our booking but the lovely Boom (Manager) sorted us out with loads of grace and a luxurious solution. The view from the bedroom and the enormous bath are to die for. We have certainly made the most of our unlimited spa treatment package by booking one every morning and another every evening. Options of Thai massages, oil massages, exfoliations, aloe Vera wraps..,we have tried them all and are feeling great. Service was exceptional and what could have turned into a bad experience was instead handled so well that it was an unforgettable experience. Thank you to all of the staff

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank rafikismum

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also appreciate your valuable comments and feedback, which will help us improve our services in the future. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maret
Royal Beach Boutique Resort & Spa
Sea Valley Hotel and Spa
The Passage Samui Villas & Resort
Centara Villas Samui
Centara Villas Samui
#11 of 63 in Maret
Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas
Kirikayan Luxury Pool Villas & Spa

Been to Villa Nalinnadda? Share your experiences!