Villa Nalinnadda
$162
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$675
$523
Hotels.com
$299
$111
Hotels.com
The Kala Samui(Maret)(Great Value!)
$496
$75
$154
LeMeridien.com
Beach Republic The Residences(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$98
$86
Agoda.com
Lamai Wanta(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$61
$41
Agoda.com
Rocky's Boutique Resort(Lamai Beach)
$98
$89
$335
$189
Trip.com
Sandalwood Luxury Villas(Maret)(Great Value!)
$120
$92
All reviewsdegree sea viewevery morningspa optionslovely staffsbreakfast served in our roomfree spa treatmentpatio doorsstayed here for nightsbars and restaurantsgreat holidaymassagejacuzziislandtaxibeachvillathailand
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed her in October 2012. We had a fantastic stay and would definitly go again.

The staff were fantastic and could not help you enough. Due to there only beeing 9 rooms you really do get that extra special treatment you dont get elsewhere.

The breakfast was a nice touch. You order what you want the day before and they bring it to your room at the time you want. It was big breakfast and i personally thought it was a very high quality.

The spa was also excellent. We got the free spa treatments that go along with the Beach front view and they were very professional and did a fantastic job.

The cons to the place and why it doesnt get 5 stars from me.

The room while really nice was in need of a bit of TLC. In fact the whole hotel needed a bit of work. Nothing major but the bathroom needed new blinds and the decking round the bath replacing. One of the windows was cracked on our room. Around the pool the decking was loose in places and could do with replacing and treating on a regulat basis. Nothing majorly bad just minor touches to perfect it

Also when we booked we were told it was unlimited spa but there were 2 treatments you couldnt have done and you were also restricted to one per day. I understand they did this so nobdy could monopolise the spa but i felt it was misadvertised.

Also while we were in front room and had no problem i can imagine in the back rooms the traffic may be an issue. But for us it was fine.

Overall we have a fantastic stay and loved it but im unable to give 5 stars due to a few minor things but dont let them put you off staying as i promoise you will have a lovely stay

Room Tip: Ocean collection room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

What was supposed to be a romantic stay of six nights turned out to be a one night stay. The pictures on the internet and in real life differ completely. The hotel is so small that the entrance, reception, the bar, and dining room are all in one open area/room.

The location of the hotel is right on one of the main roads. Our room door opened on the busy road and you can hear the traffic day and night. The beach is nothing but a dirty shallow bay and not a swimming beach at all.

The first thing we complained about was the air-conditioning which was not up to standard. Even after “fixing” it, it was still not cold enough. The first night a rain storm broke out and the toilet roof was leaking so bad that we had to call for a clean-up. The romantic feel of an outside bath turned out to be a disaster as the rain poured down and a nice warm bath was not possible. Also the outside shower‘s flimsy curtain was blown by the wind so badly that it was impossible to take a shower without the whole resort looking at you.

When the rain calmed down I tried to have a bath, but we could not clear the rain water from the bath as the tap could not be opened. And if not enough the next morning we woke up to ants in the bathroom! The facilities at this hotel are not maintained well.
We booked out the next morning.

Agoda refunded us for the rest of the days and we found a much better hotel at a lower rate on the other side of the island.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MarlizeP
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had an interesting experience at this hotel. Prior to my stay, I had spent three weeks eating street food and Thai delicacies with no problems whatsoever. At Villa Nalinnadda, (I think it was my second day there), I drank a fruit shake out by the pool with my friend. Four hours later, we were both sick. While my frield only drank half his shake, I had all of mine and subsequently got twice as sick. It's impossible that I was sick from anything else as the hotel was the only place that I'd eaten since I checked in. Moral: Don't drink the fruit shakes – you don't want to spend your honeymoon/anniversary/vacation clutching a toilet like it's your firstborn child!

Aside from that, the hotel itself is beautiful. Some of the rooms are slightly run down and open directly onto a main road, but they are pleasant nonetheless. The staff are friendly and kind, but they lack an air of professionalism that I would expect from an establishment that advertises itself the way Nalinnadda does. I would not recommend the spa massages as they are expensive and pretty much the same, no matter which massage you pick.

I think Nalinnadda is an ok place for couples who simply want to be on their own. For anybody looking for fun in the sun, shopping or outdoor activities, it's definitely the wrong place. The nearest beaches and the busier parts of the island are miles away and you'll find yourself paying excessive taxi fares just to get away for a few hours.

Room Tip: 1) When you book a beachfront collection room with a jacuzzi, make sure they give you a room that's actually on the beach. At least one of the beachfront rooms opens onto the pool instead of the beach. 2) Don't drink the fruit shakes!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Samwise E
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel looks very nice at first glance, but it springs lots of unwelcome surprises.
Just as other people said here, rooms and common spaces are old and need to be refurbished as soon as possible.
Rusty metal parts and crumbled walls are almost anywhere around.
We arrived at this small hotel around noon and our room wasn't clean already. So we went out for lunch and when we came back we had a bath in the swimming-pool, but when I came out of the water my foot fell into a hole in the wooden floor around the pool, since the wood is old and rotten there!
Then we tried to relax a bit in the evening, but sleeping was made impossible because by three dogs barking around the pool and the garden. I do love animals of course, and these ones are beautiful, but I think the owners of this hotel should train them not to bark and run and make noises inside the property at every time of the day. Isn't this a vacation resort?!
Then we went out for dinner (you need to rent a car or a motorbike, since there are no restaurants, shops or nice beaches nearby the property) and when we came back we found five big brown roaches inside the room in a few minutes. One jumped off the bed and ran behind the tv... So we complained at the reception and they told us they would have disinfested the room immediately, but the only thing they did was turning on the lights (!), so when I turned them off again another roach came in giving us a single possibility: leaving this place!
So we went out and found another hotel in Lamai, but the receptionist charged our room anyway! And she told us that she has just been told that other hotels were experiencing the same problem that same night. Who the hell do they want to make fun of?
Forget about this place. Will send a letter to the Lonely Planet to ask them re-checking it. Samui is plenty of nice hotels (we had to change a couple in the next few days, and both were clean and well maintained and beautifully located), so simply take a look around and find a better one...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Framcesc0
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed three days in the villa, and we were very lucky to get an upgrade to the room with 180 degree sea views and jacuzzi. The views were stunning, the room very comfortable and private. This would be a great place for honeymoon, or for someone who likes privacy and not a part of the rat race. To be honest, it is a little out of the way, and you need to get a taxi to all places. If you love the nightlife and love being in the thick of things, then this place may not be for you. But if you want a very nice relaxing place, with friendly staff, good food, great little pool, and where you can have dinner under the moonlight by the beach, then this the place. I had my 5 year old with me, and even though this place is not really for children, he was welcomed with open arms by the staff and he just loved the jacuzzi and our stay here. I stayed 3 days in the centre of lamai beach and I enjoyed that, but I certainly slowed down and was able to fullyrelax when I stayed here, and enjoyed just having a stunning view and time to read and take my time. I would go back anytime and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family