“Nothing big to blame, apart maybe ...”

Ananas Hostel Koh Samui
Ranked #10 of 81 Specialty Lodging in Maret
Reviewed July 12, 2014

But let's start with the positive.
Tony, the manager is a sweet guy. And you will have no language problem on that place, which is not always given in Thailand !
We stayed as a couple in one of the few garden bungalows.
They are furnished with a lot of small, lovely details. And spotless clean!
Which is absolutely the case for the whole place. Swimming pool, lobby, chilling area, or restaurant...all is very clean.
The food is good and ok by price.What brings me to the small critic.
The name hostel is a bit deplaced in the case of Ananas.
You will be in this "villas" for already a quiet high price.
Certainly much to much high for what i would call a hostel !
And be yourself also prepared to find yourself back at the end of the "world", if it comes to location. A bike will be a MUST !!
All in all a truly lovely place, with a very relaxing atmosphere. Strongly, to recommend, for people who don't need to look so close at there budget.
But don't forget: other mothers have nice daughters as well in this price-segment!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ananas Hostel Koh Samui

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hostel after seeing great reviews on hostel world and it did not disappoint! The hostel is spotless with great interior, free breakfast and a pool all for near to nothing! The only downside is that it is located in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2014

After reading the wonderful reviews I decided to stay at Ananas before and after a meditation retreat I took part in Koh Samui. I know everyone writes it, but it is indeed the best hostel in Asia, but easily one of the best I have stayed in all around the world. It is spotless clean, Both Tony and his sweet mom are the kindest friendliest people, she cooks delicious food at a very reasonable price, and the shakes are to die for!! The rooms are spacious and so clean, I personally stayed in the ensuite 4beds dorms and it was great, with lockers outside and wifi everywhere, but with a stronger connection in the reception area. The biggest treat is the pool!! Which I have never seen in an hostel, its clean and great for swimming as it is deep enough, and it really cools you off from the hot days!! All in all there is not 1 bad things I can say about Ananas, yes it is a bit out of the way, but 10 minutes walking and you are in one of the most beautiful peaceful beach, plus you can rent a scooter from Tony for only 250baht per day and you can go anywhere around the island. I would come back in a blink of an eye as I really felt at home. Tony helped me with booking a flight and, as I needed info, he called the airline for me and it was a huge help! Thank you for everything!! I will defenetely be back in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The best hostel i've visited to this point. The manager really knows what service is all about! So friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is warm and clean, there's a great hangout area by the cafe for meeting new people and eating. They have superb thaifood for a fair price. Very clean rooms and toilets, everything is clean and tidy.
Not the best location but there's always something to do at this place and the beach isn't far away. We took our scooters everywhere because taxi is expensive on Koh Samui. If I'm going to Samui again I'm staying at Ananas!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had an amazing time in Ananas hostel. The place is very clean and cozy. They have a place where they'll make you food and shakes, that are very delicious.
You can book everything you need at the reception and even rent a scooter!
The staff is very kinda, specially the owner's mother, that cooks you amazing food.
Highly recommend!
Enjoy

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ju_and_Zo
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

After spending a hectic month in Asia we booked into ananas for a week just to relax! The place was amazing! I'd never felt so relaxed in my life! It was also one of the cleanest places I've ever ever seen, which is such a novelty after spending such a long time in grotty hostels! The rooms were simplistic and modern, along with the bathrooms. The food and drink which you could buy was delicious and helped us cut back on costs for a while! On one of the days, me and my friend had a little accident on a mo ped (woops)...Tony, the owner, was a complete lifesaver! He drove us to hospital and waited with us all night, he also arranged for us to go to the clinic the next day! Without his help we would of been so clueless as what to do! With many other places we knew we would never dream of getting the help that we got here! This family run business makes you feel so at home, so I did not mind spending a few days chilling by the gorgeous pool with my foot in a bandage! All in all...do not miss this place!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Ananas is a great hostel and would recommend it, to anyone who wants to sleep in a clean room! The pool was great and clean. The location could be better because you'll need to take a taxi to get anywhere. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karel811
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maret
Rich Resort Beachside Hotel
#17 of 225 in Bophut
Cheeky Monkey's
Cheeky Monkey's
#7 of 78 in Chaweng

Been to Ananas Hostel Koh Samui? Share your experiences!