“Amazing experience!”

Ying's Thai Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Original Samui style cooking class in individual atmosphere far off the beaten track. Discover local ingredients at the nearby market and learn how to prepare and cook tropical herbs, spices and more in a traditional, home-style manner. Samui-born cooking teacher Ying - fluent in English and German - is guiding you with her refreshing charisma through your cooking experience.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

A wonderful day spent cooking and learning more about thai cuisine and culture with Ying and her family. Ying has such a wonderful fun loving personality, our whole group had a ball. I was so impressed with the way Ying explains the steps to creating each recipe and key techniques that impact each dish leaving you with a strong sense of the importance of the beautiful fresh ingredients and traditional techniques that go into creating her delicious recipes. I would highly highly recommend this class, if you have no experience whatsoever in cooking or are quite the culinary wizz you will gain so much from this cooking class. I found Yings philosophy around food and health as well as living life to its fullest so inspiring and am so excited to see what I can create when I get home, thank you to Ying and your beautiful mum and dad!

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The whole experience was fantastic - ying was lovely, very chatty and friendly. Going to the local market and choosing all our ingredients, seeing the word and wonderful thing on display was great fun.
The set up and location of the house is away from the craziness of koh samui, tranquil and beautiful.
The whole day was fantastic, ying was there every step of the way, offering help and tips.
The food was delicious and I would highly recommend the course, it was a total highlight for me!
Don't miss out, book now!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

A great day spent with Ying and her family. I am not really that into cooking but so glad I decided to go along when my friends organised it. The whole experience from going to the local market, spending time with a local family in their house to authentic Thai cooking is a very worthwhile experience. Ying kept the instructions very simple so even a cooking dummy managed and it is great being able to choose what food you like to cook. Beautiful fresh prawns in a Tamarind sauce was my absolute favorite. Thank you Ying for a wonderful day out.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I did this course with my mum and we both loved it. A particular highlight was going to a local market and learning about different fruit, veg and seafood we hadn't seen before. You get to choose your own menu so can cook any Thai recipe you like. I had eaten one of the meals we made at a restaurant the night before and the meal we made with Ying was so much tastier.

Ying and her parents are really friendly and accommodating. We had a lovely week in Koh Samui but I found it a bit depressing that everything was geared towards tourists and it was hard to find the heart of the place. Spending a day with Ying was a great antidote and I am really glad I did it. I now have a great selection of delicious Thai recipes to choose from.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Our group spent a great day with Ying, from the local market to buy all our ingredients to all the food preparation and cooking, then eating every dish we cooked we all had a great time. It was a great experience and Ying is a real character and her family get involved which was lovely. I would recommend Yings cooking class to anyone that is interested in Thai cooking and you get the recipes emailed to you so you can cook the dishes when your back at home.
Cheers, Sue & Tony (Aust)