“Best Thai food :)”
Review of Kawin's Kitchen

Kawin's Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 308 Restaurants in Maret
Description: We are a Thai restaurant that offers traditional dishes and can also provide Vegan and Vegetarian food options as well. We understand people have different tolerances to spices so we operate a spice rating system which ranges from 1 (very mild spice), 2 (medium spice), 3 (spiciest) please advise your requirements when ordering with our staff so we can make sure your personal preferences are met. We also serve a variety of healthy shakes and drinks which are made from fresh ingredients to order. Bookings are highly recommended if you wish to reserve a table for a set time, as we are usually very busy with walk in customers. We look forward to welcoming you to Kawin's Kitchen!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant that's I love to hang out with my friends. The food always so good. I and my friends all get different choices of Thai food to share. Every dishes turned out sooooo goooodddd.
Beautiful place, nice and clean.The service is excellent. Love it

Date of visit: September 2019
kawin2016, Owner at Kawin's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your supported, see you and all your lovely friends soon.

Write a reviewReviews (226)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had visited this restaurant already three times and we will certainly come back.
Thanks for amazing PERFECT gastro experience and opportunity to taste Thai food in your restaurant :)
I definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: September 2019
kawinsk, Owner at Kawin's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your visit. And a good review to help out the future business opportunity.
See you next time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’m not gonna lie, the TripAdvisor reviews brought us to this place so I wanted to see if the restaurant was worth the hype and sad to say, it was not. I hate leaving bad reviews but we were so disappointed that I had to write this. We came here after a long tour so we were starving! We ordered the pad thai, pineapple fried rice, and crispy duck and I asked for everything medium spice (2-3 chilies). First to come out was the pad thai and it was drowning in sauce that it was overbearing. No spice whatsoever. Second was the pineapple fried rice and there really was no taste to this dish besides the very little pineapple it came with. Also, no spice at all. Third was the crispy duck. We had high expectations for this dish specially for the price they had it listed but it was nothing special. The meat was not crispy at all it was actually really rough like it was either reheated or over cooked. Like I said, we were starving so we still ate the food but left very disappointed. Compared to a few other restaurants in the area, save your money and check out the other real authentic restaurants nearby for half the price here. Only positive I could say was that the atmosphere really is great and it’s a nice looking restaurant so if you’re not that hungry, I guess you could come here to check out their decorations lol. This place was overpriced and overhyped in my opinion.

Date of visit: September 2019

I am sorry to heard about your food experience at the restaurant. It was not a busy night. So I remember clearly both of you. Yout were sitting on the bamboo side. Which we called table 7. As an owner and working the front part to take care of customers. I was the one who informed you about our special meal of the night. I was showing you the pictures of the food that might suite your taste. In the end you ordered 3 different meals that were not my recommendation. I was respecting your choices. I was thinking you might know what you were ordered. And that might be something you will be happy with?
1. PadThai is my family's recipe that comes from authentic Thai Southern style cooking. It's made from curry sauce. Its combined coconut milk and curry paste and brought to slow boil.As a Thai way we serve this dish with chilli powder on the side. (as you can see from your food picture.)So people can seasoning their own spice to the dish.
When you ordered without bean sprouts and any spring onion as your requested. its can be drowning I believed. Many people joined us for the cooking class because of this Pad Thai. But ofcourse it can be something that’s not what you like or enjoy. As people preferred different things and have different taste for food.

2. The Duck meal that’s you ordered on the menu is call “ PAN GRILLED DUCK BREAST WITH SWEET CHILLI SAUCE” So thats why it was not crispy and not spicy.
And you get dry chilli on the side to make it your way.

3.Pineapple fried rice is not a spicy meal either.

We went to ask about the food, But was no comments. So I didn’t have a chance to change or help you out to get anything fixed for you.
Specially when you finished everything on the table. I was thinking the food probably was o.k for you.
The food or product you ordered will turn out even better when you spend a little bit more time on communication to get what you really want. Without your cooperation its hardly serve you what you need. I am glad you were writingon our tripadvisor so I have a chance to communicating with you.
As a business owner and a person who has worked in the services industry for long time. I am happy to reply to all the comments or bad reviews. So I can explained about my produces and business.
Hope you enjoy your holiday..

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We found this restaurant on trip advisor when staying in Lamai. Following reading the reviews we decided to pay a visit. Cannot fault anything about this authentic Thai restaurant. The whole team were extremely pleasant, service outstanding, beautiful decor and ambiance.
We ate there the 2 out of the 3 nights we had in Lamia. If we had have found it on our first night we wouldn’t have gone elsewhere. We were so impressed following the first visit decided to look no further. Definitely the best food and our favourite food that we had eaten whilst travelling Thailand. Well priced and good portions. Set back on a side road off the main road, heading into Lamai. This truly is a family run, hidden gem that should not be missed!! Thank you too all of the team at Kawin’s Kitchen.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for your visits and very good review for our business. We hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Healthy, good price, nice atmosphere. This place looks great. Admittedly I only got a smoothie as I'd just eaten, but it was great, nice atmosphere and leafy green setting, I'd really like to come here for a meal as they have lots of fresh healthy tasty options at a decent price.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you. Hope next time you will have a chance to tryout our healthy choice on the menu.