Merit Wellness & Mind Retreat Resort Samui
$162
  • Pool
The Kala Samui(Maret)(Great Value!)
$493
$75
Agoda.com
$147
LeMeridien.com
$298
$90
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$750
$553
Orbitz.com
Rocky's Boutique Resort(Lamai Beach)
$115
$88
Beach Republic The Residences(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$102
$90
$316
$190
Trip.com
Sandalwood Luxury Villas(Maret)(Great Value!)
$120
$96
Thai House Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$82
$54
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Me and my girlfriend booked a room at this hotel for 4nights stay. Booking was no hassle and staff was quite responsive. The driver was at the airport on time to fetch us to the hotel and upon arrival, we were given some towels (found some stains) and drinks.

Whenever we had any questions or requests, the front office staff happily fulfill them. Everything went really well until the 3rd day of our stay where my girlfriend realised that some money was missing from her purse.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sammy8304
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Me and my friend checked into Samui Cliff View Resort on 15th May 2011. On 17th May 2011 morning, about 8:50am I sent my friend off for snorkeling at the lobby. I returned to our room (Room 304) 10 minutes later and the housekeepers had made up our room. I stayed in the room till lunchtime.

I went out for lunch at 1pm at The Cliff Restaurant, and when it was time to pay the bill, I discovered that 4,000 baht were missing from my wallet. I counted my money the night before I went to bed, and I do not leave any money anywhere else other than in my wallet. Of that, I’m very sure of.

I returned to the hotel and spoke to the Front Office staff that I’ve lost my money. They took an hour to investigate and did not make an open investigation in front of me. The hotel manager / owner (name is Aem) came back to me and say he couldn’t find anything in the housekeepers’ (two) belongings.

I demanded to have one of the female hotel staff to do a body-search and to take off their blouse (in case money is hidden in their undergarments) on the said housekeepers in my presence (I’m a female). But the hotel manager told me that it is against the Thai traditions to do so, and if I insists, and they couldn’t find the money, they will report me to the police!

Since this is the case, I went to lodge a police report at BoPhut Police Station. They offered to do a finger print match but that would take at least 2 months or more to get the results, and I was required to leave my wallet with the police. I can’t afford to leave my wallet there as I’m a traveler and it would take some time before this case is settled, whether or not I will be able to get my money back. I requested their female officer to do a thorough body-search but there weren’t any female police officers around, hence, it couldn’t be done. I paid 20 baht to lodge the police report but nothing was resolved.

The hotel manager did not do anything to try to rectify the situation, did not offer any compensation, and thinks that his staff did no wrong whatsoever. He also commented that the money missing is a small sum! Therefore, I shouldn’t make such a hassle (as he puts it). I tried reasoning with him but he went back into this office, and didn’t attempt to mend the situation.

I’m very disappointed with the attitude of the hotel manager in handling this matter. The Front Office staff told me there were a few cases as such happened before to the previous hotel guests. So if this is a repetitive action, why didn’t the hotel manager do something serious about this? I was never even offered a mere explanation but was told to not make a big fuss about this since it is ‘not a lot of money’ and that ‘we are tourists!’

I urged all travelers to Koh Samui to avoid staying at Samui Cliff View Resort because this is a serious crime and that manager / owner has no intention to stop this from happening again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank SLim71
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We actually booked 5 nights at this hotel thinking there would be a beach by looking at the photographs. Be warned there is no beach, no sand only rocks! They have a shuttle that takes you to the beach which is 10 mins away! 30 mins to walk there by foot. So if you're looking to just get out of your room and walk on to the beach don't choose this hotel! We actually cancelled our stay and had to pay 1 night penalty after much crying and complaining. The staff was very helpful and kind though.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Sanders3
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Very very nice staff and specially with Bird which was so helpfull and took care of us with sensibility (we were at the SAmui Cliff Hotel during the terrific floading period of the end of March 2011...) For sure we'll comme back ;))

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed there 4 nights, the view is very good with a small swimming pool. The hotel is very silent with natural (many tress, birds....), and the hotels are bungalows for relexing place~ BUT the bedcover is not very clean, we can find a little bit bloodstains on it....but the other things are OK~ The main important thing is it is far away to anywhere becasue it is on the cliff and without beach. If you need to go to the nearest supermarket, you need to pay Thai200 for "duk duk" - 2 person one way and the nearest beach as well but you can rent the motabik or car then is excellent!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple