All reviews negative sides definately stay again real tropical beach vacation great bungalows five minute walk main centre sun loungers cheap food bars and restaurants room safe air con cable tv restaurant staff rooms are clean quiet at night deck chairs
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Stayed here for 6 nights before heading to Chaweng and wish I had booked here for longer. We went for a deluxe beach bungalow and not a lot I can say but WOW. That view when you wake up in the morning is just outstanding.
Room - Large room, comfy bed, clean with water replaced daily. Sun loungers and chairs outside room.
Breakfast - basic but tasty and who cares what you are eating when you have that view
Staff - serving staff all friendly and helpful. Reception like other reviews are not the friendliest.
Location - very short walk into Lamai. Not a great deal to do but the street food market is a must - you have to visit the friendliest person in Thailand (although photo does not look that way) with her amazing fried vegetable no name dish :-)
Beach - gorgeous and sea was amazing although we did keep feeling like we were being stung. Beach sellers were about but if you said no they went away unlike Chaweng beach sellers.

Overall I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting the area again.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe beach room - just stunning views to wake up to
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

The best little spot on the entire island!! I stayed in one of their little bungalows and it was perfect. Just steps from the beach. They have a nice little restaurant which serves breakfast every morning. The property is very clean and the staff was wonderful of course. Very quiet, you would never know your just blocks away from shops, restaurants and a few clubs. The location is perfect. The rooms are clean and very comfortable.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018

After reading some other reviews, I was getting a bit concerned about having booked this accomodation. We stayed in a Garden Villa. When we initially entered the villa, it had odour which I think ,was due to being closed up for a period of time.This dissipated by the following day. The villa was clean and had everything we required. It was also very quiet, but this was possibly due to the time of year. Unfortunately the pool was being repaired. Breakfast was adequate. A few minutes walk away there are quite a few restaurants. We also hired a motorbike from a small tour office which I think is connected to the Inn. Overall, we would stay again. If you want luxury I possibly wouldn't recommend , but we were happy and received exactly what we paid for.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Whillas28
Reviewed May 30, 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed here in April 2018. We arrived in the early afternoon and were greeted by an unhappy gentleman who made us feel as though we were inconveniencing him and our presence was not desired.

We were walked to our room which was very uninviting. We were not staying on the beach so we were walk up a questionable alley with junk and garbage. When we got to the room he opened the door and walked away. The room was European tiny a bed and a toilet with out the European charm. The room was dark and icky. The comforter and sheets were stained and the whole place just gave us a sick feeling in our stomachs. I asked for new sheet and the new ones were still stained and ripped. The cleaning staff were very pleasant and I assume they were just working with what they had.

We had a look at the pool to see if we could relax there and the little row to the pool has more garbage, the pool has a dirty old former bar, at least it didn't look active and rust. Not the mention the fact that as soon as we walked up the stairs to the pool everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at us. Very uncomfortable but that's more to do with the clientele than the hotel itself.

The beach is nice however there is a significant amount of garbage unfortunately. This hotel does not offer beach towels or loungers. You can rent from one of the bars down the beach or buy your own towel.

We were so disgusted by the uncomfortable dirty feeling of this property that we spent our first day just looking for a hotel we could move to on our last day in Thailand so we could leave with a good feeling.

I don't often have nothing good to say but this place is not for couples, or families or anyone looking for a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Beach front if you choose to stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love_Live_Eat_Travel
Reviewed May 7, 2018

We have enjoyed a number of stays in Lamai Inn 99. We booked a garden room for our visit.

I felt on this visit as if Lamai Inn needs to be spruced up a bit. My first visit here was in 2009 and the rooms don't seem to have been updated in all that time.

Our room was clean but the bathroom wasn't great. I asked for the tap to be tightened - it was but at an angle, which made it hard to use. The towel rail fell down if there was a towel put on it. It wasn't fixed in the week that I was there.

At the pool there are quite a number of cracked tiles that should be replaced. I'd love to see the pool area updated and brightened up.

There is always work being done in the hotel. New rooms have been built in the last couple of years. The garden is beautifully kept and on the outside all the rooms look really well.

I have to say if I go back to Ko Samui I will stay here again as I like the quietness and the privacy provided. You would sometimes think that there was no other guests on the property. The most noise that you will hear is the waves crashing onto the beach nearby

Room Tip: A garden view or a beach villa in my opinion are good rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family