“Wonderful restaurant”

Ranked #17 of 201 Restaurants in Maret
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award winning Mediterranean restaurant based in Koh Samui. From casual to fine dining cuisine with an exclusive location and view of the sparkling Silver Beach. We invite you to join us and experience our little slice of paradise for yourself.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We managed to secure a 6pm dinner reservation on the terrace. Despite initial concerns about how early the reservation was (for dinner) it turned out to be perfect for enjoying the view as day turned to night...and we had a wonderful evening. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and the restaurant one of our favourites on this two week trip.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Fantastic is what this place is. Not only the view, but all the front of house staff and kitchen crew should be highly commended. The cocktails are the best I've had anywhere in the world. When you walk into The Cliff you are welcomed and made to feel special by Lionel Helena the manager, or equally by any of the staff. The food is nothing but the freshest and a lot of effort is put into sourcing the ingredients from all corners of the globe. My partner and I have frequented this establishment 4 times. 3 of those on our last trip to Samui. We are booked to go there tonight 4th of Jan 2013. What also impresses me is the fact that have had the same head chef since their opening of the cliff in 2004. The Cliff is about the food, drinks, the view, the staff, the ambience, the chilled out tunes that are played. All these components make an experience at the cliff a memorable one. This place fires on all cylinders and that's what keeps us coming back. My only question is why they Victoria Bitter beer on the drinks menu, when there are great beers in Australia. Out favorite dishes are Capaccio, Calamari and the chocolate soufle is a MUST!!.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I visited The Cliff Bar and Grill while visiting Koh Samui during the 2012/13 winter holiday. We visited in the late afternoon for a post beach-pre dinner heavy snack. We sat on the deck shaded under large umbrellas overlooking the "cliff" of Maret and Lamai.

The restaurant tags itself as "the only place to spend your afternoon" and I couldn't agree more. A great place to unwind with family, friends or a loved one after a lazy day on the beach.

We ordered the following:

-Gambas al ajillo (shrimp in garlic and olive oil)
-Gazpacho with paprika-battered shrimp
-Grilled calamari
-Greek salad
-Warm chicken salad
-Sangria

The gazpacho and the shrimp were mouth watering and I wish there were more. The gambas were a bit small and sparse in number ... but I did find myself repeatedly sopping up the warm oil and chunks of garlic. The greek salad was crunchy and fresh and a welcome surprise in southeast asia. My dining partners said the calamri, warm chicken salad and sangria were all up to par.

The *only* place to to spend as afternoon may be a bit strong ... but it is a VERY strong and capable candidate for those staying in/around Lamai/Maret.

Make sure to climb up on the big rock adjacent to the parking lot for a quality pic of the beach below.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This modern Restaurant on the road between Lamai and chaweng, is a nice place to go for diner?
It has a scenic view on the sea and cliff,beautiful with moon light. Try to book a table on the balcony in order to enjoy the view and breeze.A drink at the cosy bar is relaxing.It has a nice modern glass wine cellar,
The food is the best we had in Koh Samui, the quality of the sea food is excellent the taste of the shrimps and lobster is great. I definitely recommend this place for sea food lovers.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

For us, this has been the highlight so far of all the places we have visited to eat or drink on Koh Samui. Managed by a lovely South African, Nash, who runs the place efficiently and has a wonderfully trained staff complement. The food was absolutely amazing and the view from this restaurant is breathtaking. All in all, a fantastic restaurant, well worth a visit.