Tripadvisor
Maret
1,007 results
All reviews duplex pool villa sea view infinity pool the cliff our honeymoon nearby beach on the rocks huge bathtub private dinner breakfast is served away from the hustle and bustle hired a scooter quiet location lamai beach free shuttle the main road recommend this resort
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

I booked and paid for five days and left after two . Dirty ,run down and has the air of closure about it .stagnant ponds with zero maintenance deserted restaurant , cracked dirty tiles all over . Avoid at all costs

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
The_Kala_Samui, Reservation Manager at The Kala Samui, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

We are truly sorry that you are not satisfy for your stay. The Kala Management is doing their best to solve the problem of maintenance, we are now starting to build up and fixing what is broken. We are hoping that if you will still come back to Samui hoping that you will visit us once more to prove that we will change.

Thank you and once more we are sorry,

Kind regards,
Ms. Michelle Carlos

Reviewed January 12, 2020

I visited the Kala Samui with family back in 2014, but looking back through old photos recently I felt compelled to leave a review for them here! Put simply, everything about the place was charming! From the staff to the accommodation. It was perfect
Ten stars from me! ⭐️

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
The_Kala_Samui, Reservation Manager at The Kala Samui, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Greetings from The Kala Samui!

Thank you for taking time in sharing your feedback to our TripAdvisor page and thank you for wonderful thoughts about our staff. All the good comments and appreciation will be our strength to be more effective and to move forward.

Reservation manager

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Absolutely incredible views, loved the authentic Thai decor and styling, The Kala is a real treat! Our spacious, bright and airy gorgeous villa was right on the water. Beautiful bathroom with luxurious spa bath with a view and three showers! We loved the private pool area. Nuan and all friendly attentive staff ensured we had an awesome stay. We enjoyed all our delicious meals at The 26th Degree and spent lots of time in the Agarin Spa with the most amazing therapist. We will be back again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Greetings from The Kala Samui!

First of all we would like to thank you for a wonderful reviews that you have shared with us on our TripAdvisor page.Will let the therapist know the positive reviews about her! We also thank you for enjoying the food that our chef make..

We hope that you will come back soon...

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We couldn't find anything out of place with our 2 week stay..!
Having travelled 65% of the world - this hotel gives you a warm relaxed and natural Thai experience with the staff service, the food, the room, and don't forget to try cooking your own Thai meal with fresh produce from the owners garden..!!

If you want a "Plastic - boring hotel" - don't pick the Kala, because you won't get one.

Room tip: The rooms are located in small blocks at various levels across the site. We had a sea view room that was very spacious.
Date of stay: October 2019

Greetings from The Kala Samui!

We are very grateful and thankful for your inspiring thoughts about us we will make sure to make it more better.. for food and room etc... and thank you for cooperating to our green project program and hoping to your next visit with us we still make you feel at home.

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

The pictures are very convincing, but figure this. At more than USD 150 per night, they don't even provide a hand soap! When I asked them, they said they kept two - shower gel and shampoo, and I'm expected to use those. Hah! Let alone a conditioner, a body lotion, other grooming stuff like a razor. Not much to expect from a 4 star place, right?

They had two shower caps and a couple of ear buds to offer in the name of toiletries.

There's bits of dust or lint or something like that on the ceilings, very conspicuous when you lie down on the bed.

The shower curtain's dirty. The bin in the room has a lid that needs to be lifted by hand.

There are no towels by the pool. You need to climb three small levels to get them.

The bar by the pool is closed. They didn't mention that while booking.

The booklet says the mini bar will be stocked but isn't. It says there're a few different restaurants here at the hotel but I don't really see any except one.

When I brought these issues up, the lady at the reception just kept nodding very non chalantly. When I asked her if I could be refunded my remaining nights, she brought her manager(?)

I'd prepaid and asked if there's a chance I can get a refund on the remaining nights, they said not so I have to grump it out a bit for the next four nights.

The slippers in the room are worn and dirty. I understand the concept of reusing and being green, but I also understand the concept of things being clean.

Their saving grace - the view from the reception area and pool is superb. The price and the services or facilities or cleanliness don't tally up at all.

Two breakfasts are included in the price which is plenty for the three of us. It's alacarte but comes with toast (butter + jam); choices of either croissant, muffin or pancakes; coffee or tea; a choice of juice (one fresh, others not); a small serving of fresh cut fruits.

Lunch menu had a variety, but not that impressive. The food tasted average. Nothing stood out.

Even in the room, they had one teabag of Lipton tea, and two satchets of Nescafe. The electric kettle isn't steel or glass.

On this trip, we stayed at five different hotels across three different countries, and this is the only one that's pinching me for paying such a pretty penny. Sadly, this is also the one that I have the most nights at.

I guess I'm going to go back to splitting my stays, that way, even if something or someply doesn't turn out as promised, at least the bite is smaller!

Pictures will follow on my blog - thevegetarianvoyager

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family

Greetings from The Kala Samui!

First and foremost thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

We would like to express our apologies that you had a negative experience in our hotel. Kindly be advised that our team is working on the case and will follow up accordingly.

We hope that someday if you will visit Samui once more maybe you will give us a chance to prove that we will change.