“Good experience ”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited Alison Hall after hearing mixed reviews. We has been a few years ago but hadn't been back. We were sat down immediately and the menu was explained. There is a market menu which is a set menu for £12 which is very good value. We chose to eat off the full menu because we wanted steak. All the food was very good. I like the fact that you could choose what style your steak was served I had the Rossini with pate and mushrooms. It was delicious. The meat was tender and perfectly cooked. The service was equally good. The only bad thing I've got to say is that it is an open kitchen and I saw the chef eating at various points in the evening, which I think is a bit unprofessional. Other than this perfect. The normal menu isn't cheap though the meal was £80. Will definitely return.

There are newer reviews for Alison Hall

Reviewed September 12, 2013

First time here but won't be the last. The 28 ounce marinated sharer steak was fabulous! Service was considerate and helpful - nice restaurant and very reasonably priced - 4 of us shared two 28 ounce steaks with 3 rounds of drinks and it was around £30 per head. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My partner and I visited the restaurant last night with friends who recommended it to us. We live in Hull so don't often travel as far out for meals/drinks. But on this occasion we are very glad we did! we hadn't booked, but was looked after quickly and efficiently-both members of staff were very friendly and helpful when it came to suggesting dishes from the menu. We were also shown their specials board where they had 280z sharing steaks. We decided to order these and was amazed at what we received! They were HUGE, cooked to perfection and served with potatoes, mushrooms, onion rings, tomatoes and 3 pots of different steak sauces. To be honest we probably could've have one between the 4 of us. It was delicious and can easily see why our friends like this place so much. We will definitely come back to try their market and evening menus!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I have been to this restaurant a couple of times before with friends and thought t was 'ok'. We were deciding where to go for a meal one Friday evening recently when my daughter produced a £10 for Alison Hall so off we went. There were only 5 or 6 other couples in which wasn't great for 8pm on a Friday evening. We ordered our food, my husband ordered steak and I chose the duck in a berry sauce and settled back with a drink. 45 minutes later we were shown to our table which was a ridiculously long wait considering the lack of customers. One of the first things I noticed was paper napkins which tells you everything you need to know, ie this is not the high class restaurant its prices would suggest. My husbands steak was just ok and, whilst the duck itself was nice, the accompaniments were awful. The worst part was the berry 'sauce', I am pretty sure the chef had simply defrosted a pack of frozen summer fruits. There was no savoury flavour whatsoever and I had to ask for a jug of gravy to add to it which did not help as it was tasteless instant gravy. I had a pudding which was nice but the cost for two main courses, a beer, glass of wine and one dessert was £45! Ironically the £10 voucher was given to my daughter after she complained about poor quality food some time ago so we really should have known better! There are much nicer and cheaper restaurants around and this place really needs to up its game if it hopes to stay in business.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

me and a group of girlfriends went to Alison Hall for a birthday celebration. We was not disappointed, the food was amazing! very tasty. Service was really good. Price was a little expensive, but didn't mind paying as it was great.