“So Glad I Took My Shoebox...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tigmi

Tigmi
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oumnass
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“So Glad I Took My Shoebox...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is my third week in three years at Tigmi, and it is an annual visit I hope to repeat. This time I was one of a group of 11 including my 81-yr old mother who adored the place, and was treated with great respect and admiration - which she reciprocated.
The weather was so warm that the pool was irresistible, and warmer than I anticipated.The tranquillity is complete, with a wonderful combination of intimate nooks and crannies with open vistas and open dining and gathering spaces when you feel gregarious.
The village of Tigmi, which in many ways is a polar opposite to the luxury bubble in its midst, is also full of welcoming, if shy, villagers. I was delighted to learn that they have a new elementary school providing extra education to the 28 children aged 5 and 6. I took a shoebox of supplies (just pencils, erasers, sharpeners, colouring sets etc) and went for a visit. The welcome was rapturous and I am so pleased to have made a tiny difference to the lives of the children. I have certainly been the richer for spending time with them.
Back in the hotel, the food was outstanding, especially the variety of salads offered for the lunch buffet. In the evening our group ate together,and we weren't offered any choice. However the food was all terrific except the couscous (Friday special) which was a little bland.
Imane, the spa therapist, is very good, and the treatments reasonably priced.
One downside was that the shuttle bus can only take 7, so we had to get a minibus for trips to Marrakech, which was at a supplement.
If you are going to Marrakech, and would like a counterpoint to the hustle and bustle of the Medina, I would recommend Tigmi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AMHEDIN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our 5th stay in Tigmi and still nothing to dissuade us from going back for a 6th.....
Total peace, relaxation, wonderful food and truly wonderful staff.
We took my parents this time and Mum was visibly relaxed by the second morning (Dad loved it too !).
Thank you once again to Jean Paul and all our Tigmi friends and 'family'..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SpinningT0p
East Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Jean Paul Lance (Manager) knows how to cater for every requirement.
3 and 1/3 hours from UK - Tigmi is the perfect way to unwind...Marrakech is great - but also too hot and busy in terms of staying in the City. This is RUSTIC sheek. Menu is traditional but QUALITY. Staff make you feel humble with their desire to please. You have to accept that this is a quiet, stunning escape.... We love it! There is nowhere else like this. It's worth emailing Tigmi direct for a deal.....

Room Tip: ASk if you can have Room 1 ....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samuel100
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have just returned from a weekend at Tigmi and had the perfect break.

Upon arrival at Marrakech airport Jean Paul the manager had organised transfers for us, I’ve been let down so many times with transfers that I was a little worried, but it there was nothing to worry about our driver was waiting for us with a warm welcome. The transfer to Tigmi took about 20 minutes, one of the reasons I choose the hotel was its location; I wanted to be close enough to the city to visit but far enough away to escape.

Upon arrival we found the hotel to be situated in a old Berber Village which was just charming, Jean Paul and his team were waiting to greet us and quickly showed us to our lovely traditional Berber Room (Room 26), the room was large, very clean and had everything you would expect including a nice shinny air con unit (it was 49oC when we arrived). We quickly set off to explore the hotel grounds before settling by the pool for a little sunshine. The hotel has two pools and the water temp was regulated to keep it very cool and refreshing – it was perfect in the heat.

Travelling in low season to a small hotel can sometimes cause a little disappointment as when hotels are quiet not all facilities are available. As expected Tigmi was very quiet but the hotel made sure all facilities were available to us and every option on the restaurant menu was available.

We stayed on a half board basis and the breakfast selection was vast and dinner was very tasty traditional dishes – both were great quality. I spent a morning in the spa where I enjoyed a traditional Hammam and a massage, the lady in the spa (I have forgot her name) was fantastic and the value for money in the spa treatments is fantastic. We headed in to Marrakech for a morning and this was organised by Jean Paul, the hotel offers a free shuttle to the city but we wanted a taxi and a guide so he organised this for us – nothing was too much trouble for him. Thanks to the whole team at Tigmi for your first class hospitality!

It’s not a question of will I return to Tigmi, but how quickly can I return to Tigmi!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GefDob
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a hotel decorated in a very basic way. The pool is lovely and the service very good. However the rooms are basic and I didn't feel it was clean when I was there (whether it was or not, I don't know, the rugs in the bedrooms felt a little grubby to me) Be warned however that it is a good 30 minutes to Marrakech in a car that is not air conditioned and this costs 25euro each way. The website mentions shuttles to the city however these are not at a time where you would be heading into Marrakech for the evening. These are hidden costs. Be aware.
I would not stay here again for those reasons.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank barbaram412
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I'm not sure I can even begin to put into words the beauty and serenity of this place. When our driver suddenly went off road and down a dirt track we wondered what on earth we were letting ourselves in for (!), but driving through the Berber village and arriving at Tigmi, we were just awestruck. Just 1/2 hour from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech, this is the ideal place to kick back and just chill. I travelled with a girlfriend for a long weekend to escape the husbands and kids, and a better place to do so, cannot imagine! Jean Paul and his fantastic team make you feel soooo welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is so quirky and full of nooks and crannies to explore and relax in. The freshly prepared food is truly scrumptious, as is the local wine;) The spa is just fabulous - highly recommend the hammam and a massage. Bliss! And the views? Breathtaking. Please do ask any questions you would like - I would be so happy to answer. I will most definitely be going back to Tigmi - but next time maybe for just a bit longer!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JoozUK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My mother and I have just returned from a 3 night stay in Tigmi - which means 'my house'. and it was just like staying in your own private house. The manager Jean Paul was very accommodating and helpful. All the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Tigmi is 30 minutes from 'La Place' and all the souks in Marrakech, and they provide a free shuttle bus 3 times a day. They also do a free transfer from the airport if you arrange it in advance. It is a small hotel, with only 24 rooms, however, there are so many secret areas and courtyards, rose gardens, hidden lounges, the feel is shabby and relaxed. I would recommend anyone who wants a complete break and relaxation to come to Tigmi. I will definately return, but next time, with my husband

Room Tip: number five, in Tigmi 1 is on 2 levels, and very private, although, all the rooms are spacious and l...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank carole18a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oumnass
Kasbah Angour Atlas Mountains Hotel
Kasbah Tamadot
Kasbah Tamadot
#1 of 4 in Asni
4.5 of 5 stars 665 reviews

Been to Tigmi? Share your experiences!