“Clean”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Clean”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Site was clean, bathrooms/showers were clean, no noise during day or at night from other campers, park staff making regular rounds over the weekend. Swimming was great. Only one issue; if you are a light sleeper you will hear the train every hour or so during the night, the train whistle was loud.

5 Thank Michele M

Erin, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Trains, Trucks and Automobiles”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Been camping in many provincial parks in the north. I would say the camp sites in Hemlock are on the average better than most. Sites have some distance and "forest between them. Powered sites mixed with non-powered sites.

Beach is small with man made sand. Dog beach is OK but also put in point for canoes making it busy.

I would agree with the other reviews about the picturisque nature of the park. NO ONE mentions the noise caused by the traffic on Hwy 69 and the awful train traffic and whistles especially when you are trying to sleep.

I can sleep through the noise.

3 Thank normmork
cancun
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Camping trip”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

First time at the park. We stayed at camp site 137 and that was a big mistake. There are two campsites right infront of us, and one right behind.
Hemlock is suppose to be Noise free and radio free, yet the campers on the mentioned campsite where very loud. We ended up leaving early and lost $70 dollars.

We had a group of teens behind us who where yelling all day long :boy yah" and drinking and the other campers across where sitting on one campsite together is a group of 10. During the day and night they where playing some game where you through things into a a box, and we had to listen to klanging, and yelling and loud laughing.

The park is very busy. Lots of teens jumping off rocks, wiping through on bikes. Our daughter could not do the slippery rocks because there were tons of people there running around and wiping a football back and forth. Beaches are always full and two many people canoeing on the lakes

There are only three comfort stations for the whole place.For ever waiting to get a shower, and and to leave the sink in the middle of trying to brush my teeth, because some women and child wanted to do the same. Only two sinks where working.

No garbage cans anywhere. Had to go to the main dump to get rid of garbage and recycling, which was a pain.

Lots for kids to do.

This park is your party park and not one with families with little children.

1 Thank grumpyck
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Most disgusting unkept park in ontario”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stopped over after camping at Killarney, we went to the main beach and the water was dirty and smelly and there was dog poop everywhere even on the rocks near the water so disgusting never going back there again. It was a waste of time

Visited July 2013
7 Thank Iriisjudith
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Gorgeous nature”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Grundy lake was the first camping experience for me and my family and we loved it! We rented an RV together with another family and although it was a little bit crowded it sure was the adventure and the kids loved it!
We were situated in White Pine campground, very close to the main beach, shower rooms were close too but out of 5 only 3 were working and one of those had cold water at all the times so we had to wait almost every time about 15 min before we get in. The lake is very nice and clean but with leaches !!! :( First my husband "picked" one on his foot and the last day my 3 year old son got one on his knee.. :( It's good that my husband is EMR so there was no panic but sure was a lot of blood and my kid was terrified although he says it didn't hurt much..
Campsite is very clean, we had terrific weather, camp fire every night.. My other remark is that the park store is pretty far, you can't go for a walk if you ran out of milk or eggs, it takes 5-6 min by car and with RV this was pretty difficult.
The nature is amazing and this was the most important thing, we went for swimming every day, stayed on the beach 'till 7 p.m. and the water was still nice with no crowd at all, almost like we were on a private beach.. :)
Oh, one major thing are the mosquitoes !!!! Bring every insect repellent you got cause you're gonna need it !!! Our kids were bitten all over in spite the OFF lamps, camp fire and repellents.. :(
Still, I give this campsite a very good rating because we had so much fun and I would definitely come back, just more prepared! :D

Visited July 2013