“Most disgusting unkept park in ontario” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grundy Lake Provincial Park

Grundy Lake Provincial Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Britt
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Most disgusting unkept park in ontario”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stopped over after camping at Killarney, we went to the main beach and the water was dirty and smelly and there was dog poop everywhere even on the rocks near the water so disgusting never going back there again. It was a waste of time

Visited July 2013
7 Thank Iriisjudith

Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gorgeous nature”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Grundy lake was the first camping experience for me and my family and we loved it! We rented an RV together with another family and although it was a little bit crowded it sure was the adventure and the kids loved it!
We were situated in White Pine campground, very close to the main beach, shower rooms were close too but out of 5 only 3 were working and one of those had cold water at all the times so we had to wait almost every time about 15 min before we get in. The lake is very nice and clean but with leaches !!! :( First my husband "picked" one on his foot and the last day my 3 year old son got one on his knee.. :( It's good that my husband is EMR so there was no panic but sure was a lot of blood and my kid was terrified although he says it didn't hurt much..
Campsite is very clean, we had terrific weather, camp fire every night.. My other remark is that the park store is pretty far, you can't go for a walk if you ran out of milk or eggs, it takes 5-6 min by car and with RV this was pretty difficult.
The nature is amazing and this was the most important thing, we went for swimming every day, stayed on the beach 'till 7 p.m. and the water was still nice with no crowd at all, almost like we were on a private beach.. :)
Oh, one major thing are the mosquitoes !!!! Bring every insect repellent you got cause you're gonna need it !!! Our kids were bitten all over in spite the OFF lamps, camp fire and repellents.. :(
Still, I give this campsite a very good rating because we had so much fun and I would definitely come back, just more prepared! :D

Visited July 2013
3 Thank animetta
Ontario
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Going there again...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Grundy is an Ontario Provincial Park and as such, only has electrical hook-up. No sewer or water, although there is potable water when there isn't a boil-water advisory on. There was when we spent a couple of days there, but with our own water supply in our trailer and containers as well as bottled water, it was no problem.

The park is nicely laid out and in lot 212 we didn't feel like we were close to the next lot, since there are trees between lots for privacy. We also had family staying on the beach on lot 230, which was very nice also. In the trailer park, I don't really think there's a bad lot in the bunch.
Being 'on' the beach with some grass area between, also means that there's a road for campers to travel to their lots, people swimming, carrying canoes, etc passing by, but unless it's mid-summer, I doubt it's much to worry about. If it was packed, I'd prefer the lost one row back, for privacy. Also the lots are very level where we were, so whether in a pull-through or backing in, that's not an issue here.

Outdoor facilities are very clean, with flush toilets, no odour, so if you're tenting, you'll find them very easy to use. The shower facilities are also clean, and although we didn't use them since we had the trailer, I wouldn't hesitate. Each has its own private door, so it's not a 'public-type" of facility. There's also a laundry facility available.

The water is clean and clear, no motor boats are allowed where we were, so it was nice and quiet, and we did see two swans swimming along, and heard that later in the summer a large turtle climbs onto the beach mid afternoon for a siesta.

The area is well patrolled by friendly park rangers, so it's very safe for families. It never feels "back woods" and a walk around the park means saying hi to other friendly campers and chatting about other campgrounds and generally meeting up if that's what you like to do. But if it's privacy you want, the lots provide you with that, also.

There are 3 well-marked hiking trails that are very popular with the campers.

If you forgot any supplies, there's a store about 10 minutes from the campgrounds with just about anything you'd need, and you can also purchase firewood there, or at the camp entrance.

There is a dumping station as you leave the park.

As I mentioned, we're returning again this summer and look forward to a restful few days.

Visited May 2013
6 Thank Lynn2008
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Excellent little Park for the adventurer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have been to this park 3 times and really enjoy it. It is situated on 3 little lakes in the Canadian sheild. The scenery is beautiful, peaceful, quiet. If you like to do things besides going to the beach there is lots to do. You can canoe from lake to lake. Walk one of the very scenic trails. Fishing on the lakes. Cliff jumping.

A lot of the sites are very private, more so than say, Killbear park. The beach is pretty small but we liked it fine. It has a swim platform in the middle that kids like to jump off of.

About 10min up the highway is also French River park that is free to visit that has an excellent hiking trail along the French river Gorge and comes out by a small waterfall.

Overall, an excellent little park.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Jonathan R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hi my name is rowdy raja and I have been going to Grundy lake for the past 3 summer and I love it.I have seen bears up close love they volleyball net and love fishing

3 Thank Rowdyraja