“Beautiful lunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Frome, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful lunch”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Great lunch. We had a ploughmans and a sausage ciabatta both were very tasty friendly service. Very busy on a Saturday lunchtime. Will definitely be back.

1 Thank Fiona E

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Monday night munch!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Monday nights not our traditional pub night out, but as it was pay day and wed both worked over the weekend we thought we would break the habit. I have never eaten here before but heard excellent reviews, we arrived around 6ish and I was a little worried as there seemed to be little atmosphere, no music and a little bit cold, but this was purely because we were a little early and things don’t normally kick off till about 6:30 when the chef starts work.
I prefer savoury to sweet and I was tempted with the Panko crumbed prawns with a chilli jam, these were scrummy and I could have eaten them twice over. My Hubby had the baked pear with blue cheese, the pear a little tasteless and not much cheese on the top but still enjoyable. My Sirloin steak was perfectly cooked, with a lovely blue cheese & port sauce and the best homemade triple cooked chips I’ve ever had. Hubby had the Pork with roots very tasty dish too but he couldn’t resist stealing some of chips and dipping them in the sauce. All in all a gorgeous meal, house white wine very good and a lovely selection of regional ales including our fave Doombar from Cornwall. Definitely think we’ve found a new fave pub in West Wilts, oh and the waiter was very sweet and attentive and his haircut is awesome :O)

• Visited February 2013
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
“Great steaks, pleasant service”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This pub has a nice balance between a locals' drinking pub and a restaurant. We went on a fairly busy Friday night and had a few drinks at the bar before eating. My husband found the choice of beers and ciders to be really good. On sitting down we were presented with both a regular menu plus a valentines menu (we went on Feb 15) and shown specials on a blackboard. The menu was varied and interesting, some of the usual pub fare but also some more exciting dishes too (and you don't have to pay extra for chips/veg/salad etc as in some places). We both plumped for a Chateaubriand steak and asked for alternative sauces to those on the menu which was no problem at all. When they arrived the steaks were really really tasty, cooked to perfection with delicious hot triple cooked chips and a crispy side salad, we really couldn't fault this and WE ARE NORMALLY VERY UNDERWHELMED!! Afterwards I had a delicious home-made toffee apple crumble tart and my husband had a cheese board which had 4 different cheeses and a decent sized portion. These were also excellent. The service was efficient with serving staff pleasant and friendly. Food wasn't rushed out but came in good time. We were really impressed with the whole experience & will return soon. Just one reason I've given 4 stars & not 5, the pub was rather chilly as the log burner wasn't working very well. It didn't spoil our night but it would have been nice to have been a little warmer!

• Visited February 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“lovely pub, great food”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Beautiful country pub, great location. Landlady and staff very welcoming and attentive. Food was really well presented and cooked lovely.
I had booked for myself and my best friends after hearing how nice the pub was,and we were not dissapointed and will definately be going back.
Thankyou to all at the longs arms, see you again

• Visited January 2013
“Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have long been looking for a place to lunch when shopping in and around Trowbridge. The welcome was warm. The food very enjoyable, especially impressed by the Mini Ploughmans (left room for pudding) the Sticky Toffee Pudding was gurt lush! And I haven't had such a nice Red Wine in a pub/restuarant before! Definitely will be returning!

• Visited January 2013