“lovely house”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Allison W
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing stay”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I am not one to complain, however, on this occasion, I feel that I need to share my findings, as I do not wish anyone else to experience what we did.
We have just returned from a 7 night stay, at Kilton Mill Cottage. To say that I am disappointed, is an understatement. I had booked the cottage for myself and my family, and paid over £1000, for our week's stay, which we had saved hard for.
On arrival, I thought the cottage looked lovely, the setting was beautiful, and close to the local beach, which the children loved. Unfortunately when retiring to bed on the first evening, which was on the ground floor, it was smelling really damp, and cold. On sitting on the bed, I found it to be cold and damp. On inspection, I found that this bedroom was actually below the ground, as the garden runs parallel to it. With all the other bedrooms occupied, the only option was to take the mattress upstairs to the dining room, which we spent the remainder of our holiday, sleeping on the floor. I contacted the owners the following morning, who did visit the cottage, but stated that it was due to the "humidity" . They did bring us new bedding etc, however they said that they could not do anything about the "foisty smell" in the lower bedroom. There was a de-humidifier in the room, which suggests that this has happened before.
I am truly disappointed, with the response from the owner, and will not be recommending this property, in the future.

Date of stay: July 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 30, 2017
I really am so sorry that my guests did not enjoy their stay. I have let the cottage now into the 4th season and I have never had this complaint with any guests before. The cottage does not suffer from damp at all and although the lower ground floor basement rooms are below ground level there is no ingress of damp. However due to the very high humidity due to heavy rainfall and very hot weather I would agree that there was a dampness in the air inside the cottage as it is a very old building with very thick walls and can hold the humidity I these exceptional circumstances. The bedding was only just placed on the bed the morning that my guests arrived and was not damp nor was the bed or the mattress. I did all that I could to make my guests a little more comfortable but unfortunately I had no control over the weather or the high humidity.
Kathryn13...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“lovely house”
Reviewed October 6, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

What a lovely place we booked for our daughters birthday Arrived to find plenty of parking in a private yard On entering the house it was like someone's home everything you could ask for and more will definitely go again and recommend to anyone

Date of stay: September 2016
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Oct 6, 2016
Hi Kathryn, thank you so much for giving my cottage such a lovely review and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. June x
nicecarbo...
Denton, United Kingdom
“Blown Away”
Reviewed September 19, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Gorgeous property maintained to the highest standard offering more than just home from home. The host provides everything you need and more for the perfect getaway. It's location lends itself to easy access to neighbouring seaside towns of Saltburn, Staithes and Runswick Bay all within minutes drive.

Date of stay: September 2016
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing to report
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 21, 2016
Thank you for a lovely review,it makes all the hard work really worth it when my guests enjoy the stay at my cottage. June x
Jacquelin...
“Excellent accommodation.”
Reviewed February 16, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

As one of a party of 9, I have just returned from a 3 night stay and can not fault Kilton Mill House. Roomy, tastefully decorated and the owners could not be more accommodating.
Highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2015
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 5, 2016
Thank you so much Jacqueline for giving Kilton MILL such a lovely review, it makes all the hard work worthwhile.x
Gary C
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“A great stay for a large family”
Reviewed October 11, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

A large, comfy and warm house, ideal for a big family. Loads of parking and a very pretty garden. If I was to be picky then, the downstairs breakfast room was a little dark. My son and his girlfriend took the top floor while my daughter and partner picked the downstairs bedroom, leaving the enormous bed for me and my wife (and sometimes our granddaughter who could not make her mind up where to sleep). A welcome food hamper was a great touch and everywhere was nice and clean.

Date of stay: October 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The big bed and ice dispenser
Liked least: The dark breakfast room
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Large groups
Samantha...
“Lovely house, with nice comfy beds.”
Reviewed September 3, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Just a short 1/2 hour drive to Whitby and a lot cheaper to rent than anything in Whitby itself. The house is really well presented with lovely finishing touches like the welcome pack. The massive king size bed was really warm and comfy. The twin bedroom at the top of the house was a really good size (our teenager claimed that one and enjoyed her bit of privacy the extra space allowed). The dining room next to the kitchen was just a bit too dark for us, but better lighting would resolve that. The only other improvement would be more comfortable seating in the lounge. The house is also quiet inside ie; you don't really hear other people in other rooms. A toilet on each floor is an added bonus for a larger family or less able bodied people (maybe it should be made more clear on the description, as we weren't sure of the layout until we actually saw it). All in all a great base for a big family or just one that likes to spread out (like us) and also has a nicely laid out kitchen to cook in - the kids loved the ice machine on the freezer door!

Date of stay: August 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfy beds and the large amount of space inside.
Liked least: The lighting in the ground floor dining room.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing