“Do not miss a Hawaiian Quilt class with Eloisa at Hawaiian Quilt Collection Store!”

Hawaiian Quilt Collection & Class
Toronto, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Lovely store at Queen's Marketplace, Waikoloa Beach Resort, Big Island, where they sell unique, mostly handmade items featuring Hawaiian Quilt. There are all sorts and sizes of colorful bedspreads, purses and smaller items that I had not seen elsewhere. Intrigued, I signed-up for a 1 hour week class of Hawaiian Quilting although not quite sure what to expect since my sewing talents are basic. The results were beyond my expectations. I found the the teacher, Eloisa Chilla to be clear in her instructions, patient with each one of the 6 participants & delightful in her enthusiasm and love of the craft. Eloisa is one of a rare breed of teachers that doesn't hold back & is eager to teach all she knows. Back home, I continue to work with my project, which I find not only rewarding but a great way to de-stress. And... it reminds me of Hawaii!

Visited February 2012