2,260 results
All reviewscanoe housemauna lanifishhonu barocean frontthe big islandfree bikesocean grillfour seasonsdaily activitiesbeach clubterrace restaurantsea turtlesbreakfast buffetresort feegolf coursefitness center
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Walk into the three story outdoor courtyard with lush landscaping, ponds, and trade wind breezes and you breathe easier. The architecture of this place is amazing. The lobby hosts a number of displays of authentic Hawaiian life. A tribute to how the islands were before invaded by us tourists. The rooms are spacious enough, with large wood doors that add to the sense of being surrounded by nature. This felt luxurious without any false notes or pretentiousness. The comfy white terry monogrammed robes are for sale. I bought one to remind me of the feeling of relaxation this place evokes. If you are looking to feel embraced by peace and tranquility in a gorgeous setting - stay here. I yearn to return...

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about the Mauna Lani. For us, it's the quintessential Hawaiian hotel--tropical, friendly, and relaxing.

I love the design of the hotel, landscape, and cultural artifacts. It takes you back in time -- and helps you to slow down, relax, and enjoy.

We always have warm and friendly service -- from the front desk to the Canoe restaurant and Hula bar. It's a happy place and the fact that some of the employees have been there for over 25 years speaks volumes. We hope that the new management will continue with similar leadership that promotes environmental stewardship, happy staff, and satisfied customers. If so, we will continue to come back year after year.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank ReneeS1460
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

My friends took a 6 month travel nursing assignment.. I was fortunate to be able to visit.. A portion of our visit was at this Amazing hotel!!
We were immediately welcomed in such a way that made me smile☺️
The View was Amazing ☀️
Grateful I chose this hotel

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 20, 2017

Friendly staff, nicely appointed rooms, and great facilities. The resort fees include the valet parking.

The resort is situated at the end of a very long driveway/road. Before reaching the resort, you will pass the local shopping area with has restaurants, shopping, and a market. You will also pass the golf range and spa/gym. The resort also has private residence. Once you finally reach the resort, you well be greeted by the valet and bellboys.

Past the double doors, to your right will be the check-in area, with Japanese speaking staff if needed. The hotel has an open area floor plan which means you will feel the great ocean breeze or the rain. The restaurants and bars as well as the beach and pool area are located one level below the check-in area.

There is a restaurant pool side. The beach area has plenty of lounge chairs as well as hammocks.

Our room was nicely appointed with great smelling toiletries. There is also a washout/bidet provided. The towels are plentiful and fluffy. The balcony also had a nice view of the sunset.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017

This is a wonderful hotel with a warm and gracious atmosphere. We arrived after 20 hours of traveling and a late check-in to such a warm welcome. The ladies who checked us in were so hospitable and patient given our fatigued state. You are greeted at the Check-in desk with juice and leis. The strawberry pog was so very refreshing after our long journey. And, we both thought the leis were a nice "hawaiian" touch that is missing at most hotels.
The room was lovely. I especially liked that the bathroom area was roomy (double vanities, soaking tub/shower, separate toliet area) and the door could be closed. The teak furniture and shutters on the lanai were beautiful.
We enjoyed drinks at the Honu Bar and breakfast at the Bay Terrace. Service & food/drink were very good in both locations.
We loved to stroll the grounds and enjoyed looking at the salt water ponds full of tropical fish and even some small sharks. The beach is very nice with lots of loungers.
I know the hotel has new owners and I hope they keep the Aloha spirit that is such a part of this hotel. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple