“A very homely experience.”
Review of Bistro En Glaze

Bistro En Glaze
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Wylam
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We only stayed for 1 night but it was a lovely, homely experience! Wished we were hoing to be there longer. There was parking at the rear of the building. The hosts were very friendly. We didn't have an evening meal but we did have breakfast and that was superb!
The rooms were very comfy and again, there was a very homely feel to them. We will definitely book again when in the area!

1  Thank Jan S

Reviewed July 7, 2014

As we eat out every week in the surrounding area I can safely say that Bistro En Glaze is by far the best restuarant outside of Newcastle. For comparison I think it equals Blackfriars in Newcastle which from me is quite a compliment. Not a huge menu but excellent. Not cheap but good value for money. My meal was simply lovely - thank you! Could have had one more veggie option as I had to go for the fish but it was extremely well cooked and the sticky toffee pudding was fantastic. I will definately return. Waiting staff were pleasant and efficient and I think the chef deserves a pay rise whatever he is getting now!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great selection of starters which could be ordered tapas style. Six of us had a number of different mains which we could not fault and the best sticky toffee pudding ever. No complaints about the prices either. The atmosphere was good and staff friendly. Will be going back.

1  Thank moffitt_13
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was by some distance the best meal that we had on our trip along Hadrian's Wall. I had venison, cooked to perfection and served with a delicious, concentrated red wine jus. My wife was equally happy with her sea bass. Starters and puds were also very good and the prices were very reasonable for the quality of food. The main courses were washed down with a decent bottle of shiraz and a pinot noir. The owners (front of house and chef respectively) were very friendly and the rest of the staff (young women) could not have been more helpful. The restaurant was almost full on Saturday evening and this made for a great atmosphere in quite an intimate bistro. I could not fault the place on the basis of our visit and I hope that I shall have the chance to go again.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Five of us went on Saturday night at 7:30pm for my Birthday, The Food was GREAT.

The only thing that spoilt the night was the 2 young Children at the table right next to ours. For over an Hour they Sang, Shouted, rolled on the floor and ran about in general. Never Once Checked by Mum, Dad, Gran or Granddad , Totally unacceptable.
For the 1st time in my Life I actually asked if we could move tables due to the behaviour and noise of the Children , only to be told "NO", as we were a table for 5 there was not another table available as they were fully booked. Not Good , Not Good at all, sorry but it spoilt the whole night for us.
The bill came to £134 and I didn't leave a tip as I thought the Staff should have at least said something to the unruly table but they didn't.

Don't get me wrong, we love Kids, we have 3 but they were NEVER Allowed to behave like that in a restaurant, I don't blame the Children only the Arrogant and Inconsiderate Parents.

2  Thank DaveandShaz