“A wonderful evening”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went to this little Bistro nestling in the village of Wylam with friends for an evening of good conversation which we hoped would be accompanied by good food. We were not disappointed in any way.

Its not a huge place but was full of very happy diners. The service was relaxed and allowed us time to enjoy the food and the ambiance. There were four diners in our party and we used their Lucky 13 menu - a two course meal for £13. There were several choices and to be honest my only concern was selecting the right one from some great offerings. We selected ribs, shredded pork, steaks and a burger and everything was delicious, hot and served well. My only concern regarding the food was that the toasted burger bun was a little dark in places. The wine selection was great too and we could not complain about the cocktail selection too.

If I have one suggestion it would be that they need to replace the awful sofas in the recption area - they are exceptionally low and they sink even further - anyone with a hip, knee or movement problem will struggle a bit.

All in all this was a wonderful night out and we will happily return to sample more wonderful tastes.

There are newer reviews for Bistro En Glaze

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Visited with my husband and parents we had a lovely time the meal was fantastic and the place is lovely and quirky would definitely go again

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We found this restaurant a vey friendly place with excellent food.
The staff are extremely polite and the service was faultless. The food is fresh and an ample selection for most palates. Thoroughly recommended

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in the B and B after a 16 mile walk from Wallsend and ate in the
Restaurant, we started with a cocktail, continued with wine, the food was amazing, lovely quirky atmosphere ! What a lovely place!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Recommended to me by a friend, this little restaurant gave me everything I was looking for!
Great ambiance and even better food, a menu you to meet all tastes and budgets. Really made my week and I will definitely be back!