“reunion after 45 years for family and friends”
Review of The Old Bell Inn

and 1 more site!
The Old Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Delph B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Bar and restaurant very busy but still had time to take us to our rooms sue even help with our bags rooms where excellent we stayed 3 nights we had breakfast and evening each day food is excellent all waitress service is very good but lauren stands out from the rest she is like a breath of fresh air so polite and happy phil the owner deserve a pat on the back for running a good hotel and empolying excellent staff stopped at bell 4 times now im sure it won't be the last

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my husband met friends for a meal there and stayed overnight. Seemed to be a very popular place with the locals too for eating, always a good thing, in a lovely quaint village. I would recommmend staying here if you want to explore Saddleworth and Yorkshire moors.

Room Tip: Ask for the double room at the front of the Inn.... very spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I don't even know where to begin. If your looking for old world charm at a reasonable price and to be treated like "Royalty" this is the place for you. Unfortunately I was there for work but I never would have found this place since my corporate office is right in back of the Inn. The rooms are quaint and cozy and the washrooms and rooms have been completely updated. The shower had great water pressure and hot water all the time. Wifi was great with very fast connections. Old World Charm with all the conveniences of a new hotel. Phil the owner has a staff that is their to make sure you enjoy your stay. Let's start with Sue who has been there for 27 years, 13 more than Phil. My first morning I said that a Bagel and Cream Cheese would taste great with the Smoked Scottish Salmon that came with my Scrambled Eggs. That was my breakfast the next three mornings. I felt right at home. Then there is the wait staff and bartenders, Lauren, Charlotte, Josh, Thomas, Marian and Lucinda. They go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of. When I left after 6 days I felt like I had known them for years. I didn't get to meet Natalie who runs the front desk Monday - Friday 9-5, since those were the hours we were in the office until Friday when we had lunch there and she made sure everything was taken care of and even helped carry a co-workers luggage downstairs. What else can I say, your thousands of miles away from home and yet you really felt like you belong there. Here's to hoping my company brings me back again because I can't wait!! Thank you Phil and your great staff, I would recommend this Inn to anyone and everyone!!! Cheers!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich K
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending a birthday party in the village
As this was just for one night, we booked a small double. On arrival, the very friendly receptionist advised us that as the hotel was not full, they were able to upgrade us.
Our room was newly refurbished and the only negative was the lack of water pressure meant it was pretty much impossible to have a decent shower. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and try the restaurant out

1  Thank SusyQzee
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A wedding reception for 30 guests was enjoyed thoroughly by all.The food was excellent and the service during the whole day was superb. The rooms are very comfortable and furnished to a good standard. We will be back soon to sample more of a first class menu.
Thanks to all at The Old Bell Delph for a memorable weekend.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent .We had no 15.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Old Bell on many occasions and cannot recommend this establishment enough. The rooms and food are excellent, but more importantly, the atmosphere and staff are second to none! Thank you Phil, Jamie, Josh, Charlotte, Lou, Natalie and Loz. Also a special mention to Josie who makes fantastic bacon and black pudding sandwiches!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were staying here as we were visiting for a friends 40th birthday and stayed here. The building was built in the 1600's so the rooms are well set up for a building of this age. The room we were put in we're very happy with, it was small but it had everything we needed and was very clean. As it was a rare night off from the kids we decided to have a few drinks at the bar were we would be meeting some friends who were also going to be joining us. The batman Josh was a friendly chap who was very attentive and Phil ( the owner was lovely) he came over and offered us a free upgrade in the new wing and also did the same for our friends whom he put in the room next to ours. And they are finished to a very high standard. We had a snack in the afternoon and they allowed us to eat this at the bar as we were settled their cooked breakfast was lovely. And dd the job fr 4 hungover people ;) would recommend and would definitely stay again. Oh also the bed was really comfortable and the pillows I wanted to take home with me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delph
The Gate Inn
The White Hart Inn at Lydgate
The Victoria Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
#4 of 11 in Oldham

Been to The Old Bell Inn? Share your experiences!