“Friendly and fit for purpose”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Bell Inn

The Old Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Delph B&B and Inns
London
“Friendly and fit for purpose”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed here whilst walking Pennine Way with 3 mates. Very friendly and welcoming on arrival, food was very good, service helpful. Although room was small, it was fit for my purposes and well equipped.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We regularly stay in the area as we have a client in Oldham. On this occasion are usual hotel was fully booked and they recommended we try the Old Bell. We were very pleasantly surprosed and impressed with the friendly welcome and the excellent service. The Superior Room was well decorated clean and welcoming.

Dinner in the Blue Room was excellent as was the menu making it difficult to choose! We have decided to make this our "first choice" when travelling to the area in future.

J H

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in the Old Bell Inn for two nights and were pleasantly delighted with the hotel.
We paid extra for the Special Double room and it was well worth it.
Lovely, bright and had everything you wanted for a short stay.
The Blue Room restuarant was a very high standard. The food was not cheap but was
well worth what we paid for it, excellent. The breakfasts were very generous in the morning with a good choice and the staff so friendly. All in all we would definitely stay at this small hotel again.

Room Tip: They had a few rooms which were called special double rooms and it is well worth paying that bit mo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Plauen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

It was my first time in England (I`m from Germany). I have been in the Old Bell Inn with my other colleagues for 5 days. We were all very impressed by the excellent meals they offer in the restaurant. Also the rooms are beautiful and very clean. The staff is really friendly and cares of you in every way. For example, when I was asking for a bus to the next city, Phillip accompanied me to the next station to look when the buses leave. Really friendly. After a busy day it is the best place to relax with a wonderful meal. I`m looking forward to the next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sudbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Once again myself and my husband have just had a most enjoyable two nights at the Old Bell, during one of their busiest periods, the Whit Friday Brass Band Contest. We arrived on Thursday which was my birthday, and had an excellent meal in the restaurant, and Phil and the girls sang "Happy Birthday" whilst presenting my special birthday cheesecake dessert! Everything runs like clockwork thanks to the hardworking team, who are always friendly and helpful no matter how busy they are. Lovely room (4) and great selection of teas, coffee and hot cocolate. Very good hairdrier, lovely flat-screen TV. Thanks again and see you next year if not before.

Room Tip: All rooms are individually furnished and very nice, we like the rooms at the front but you can exper...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed for the Whit Friday Marches again.We stayed in the Old Bell .The food was brilliant. The rooms are so clean and the service second to none.Phillip and his staff are so friendly that its like a second home.We can not rate them highly enough.Can not wait untill next year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tadcaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

On Monday evening 21st May I popped into the OB to enquire directions to my B&B out on the Huddersfield Road. 2 young men were on duty and each of them helped me. I was quite impressed with their attitude so later I visited to have my supper. I had the pitta bread with dips and the fish & chips.

On Tuesday evening I again visited with a colleague. This time two young ladies were on duty - also helpful, friendly, courteous and alert.

All in all I have found a new 'must visit again' place I would recommend the OB to anyone.

Best regards

Room Tip: NA because I did not stay there. Maybe next time.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delph
Saddleworth Hotel
BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park
The Victoria Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
#4 of 12 in Oldham

Been to The Old Bell Inn? Share your experiences!