“Absolutely superb, must do half day out” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swan Valley Wagon Tours

Swan Valley Wagon Tours
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Belhus
More attraction details
Owner description: Note to everyone! Swan Valley Wagon Tours has new owners! We are looking forward to showing off the fabulous foods and wines of the Swan Valley travelling in our horse drawn wagons. We invite you to meet our happy Draft horses and join us on one of our wonderful tours. We travel at an easy pace where you can observe, appreciate and enjoy as only a tourist can and we will take you on an exploration of the Swan Valley that will tantalize your senses. All of our tours allow you time at each venue to savour the rich and delicate flavours of the local wines and other produce of the Swan Valley Tours leave in the morning at 09.15 and in the afternoon at 1.15pm. They take approx. 3 hours
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely superb, must do half day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We're just back from a romantic and truly fabulous few hours with Ross on the afternoon wagon trail. I can safely say that this is the best trip I've been on across Australia. Not only is it great value for money but it's also a unique experience.

I'm a Perth resident and often go to the Swan Valley but I have never before seen it in this light. On the Wagon you will see things you've passed many times and never noticed. Ross's unique knowledge of the area and personable manner will highlight many other facets of the region for you that you never knew about too. It won't be the only trip you'll need of the valley but it should be your starting point to begin deeper exploration.

We were lucky enough to have the carriage to ourselves and rode up front with Ross. The number of bus trip customers who gazed on at us in envy was really noteworthy. This is testament to the unique experience.

The venues you stop at are carefully selected and Ross is clearly a beloved partner to the other local businesses. Each stop will see you treated as a first class visitor just because you're there with Ross.

I really can't have enough praise for Ross and what he offers.

Guys, do yourselves a favour, book this and bag yourself some brownie points with a significant other.

1 Thank WATripReviews

Perth, Australia
“My 9th Birthday Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I loved the wagon ride. It was great! I really liked the horse called Toffee. She was really nice and I loved how she loved to eat grape leaves that my friend Olivia and I gave her. We ate grapes that we picked from vines and they tasted really nice. We tried lots of olive oils,chutneys and really fresh cold watermelon and rockmelon. My favourite was garlic olive oil and Olivia and I loved the beetroot relish and ate it all. We went to an icecream shop as well and tried lots of different flavours for free because Ross is friends with everyone. It was a great experience and if you go on it you will never forget it. From Matilda Rose Parry (9 today!)
PS My dad said the horse will fart the whole time but she didn't fart once.

Visited February 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A bit expensive for a short wagon ride around the block.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My experience is a little different from the other reviewers here. Our young family did the morning tour 'tastes of the valley' in December. (Perhaps an afternoon tour is more interesting?).
Firstly, kudos to Ross who was very knowledgable and approachable about the local area. However my family was disappointed about the limited amount of time actually on the wagon ride itself. We boarded the wagon, and were taken around the native bird ponds to our food and wine tasting area. Ride took about 5 minutes. We then tasted a very small sample of olive oil, olives, dukkah, and asparagus. There was no fresh fruit, as advertised, as it was apparently out of season. but there was also no honey, dried fruit, jams, or relishes, etc which I assume have no season. We also spent a long time at Edgebrothers winery for the tasting. I would estimate close to an hour. Quite boring for children and anyone who doesnt drink, although colouring in paper for the kids was supplied. Wine was very average, and despite being a wine lover, did not purchase any. We then boarded the wagon again for a 2 minute trip to All Saints Church. The history of this church was quite interesting and it was good for the kids to wonder about. Our trip to Oggies Icecreamry again was not more than a two minute ride, and then we returned back to the starting place.
So in conclusion, an adult fare of $79 & child $45 for a 15 minute wagon ride over 3.5 hours was, in my opinion, expensive and boring for local Perth families. Would not recommend for children. Would have much preferred just to have the wagon ride and skipped the tastings.
This tour would be best suited to adults who are visiting The Perth region and not previuosly experience the Swan Valley.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank B E
Alan G, Owner at Swan Valley Wagon Tours, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE - no one can claim only 2 minutes between venues by horse-drawn guest loaded wagon. A foolish comment considering the Wagon Trail travels at a slow walking pace of 2 kms an hour over a distance of 6kms - with an occasional trot at 5kms an hour on inclines - during the morning tour of approx 3 - 3.5 hours which is of course punctuated by relaxed tasting opportunities at visited venues. Your claim of only having a 15 minute wagon ride is TOTALLY UNTRUE.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, however, I have to ask why you posted a "review" of this popular Pioneer Experience with so many untrue and unsubstantiated claims.

Wagon Trails is an experience NOT a "wagon ride around the block".

By your own admission your experience is apparently "different" to other reviewers who raved about features like travelling through the olive grove, orchard, vineyard and wetland bird sanctuary viewing pelicans, black swan, ducks, ibis, and the occasional spoonbill. Other reviewers also mention enjoying very generous tastings of Estate premium wines and local treats like oils, olives, dukkah, natural honey, seasonal dried and fresh fruits, ice-creams; as well as precious colonial history, and a real favourite ..... spending a relaxing half day with our beautiful Clydesdale horses.

Where were you at this time?

Since 1998 visitors and local families have enjoyed this multi award winning "family friendly and unique experience" appreciating the rare opportunity to step back in time and acknowledge our pioneering past at a relaxing slow pace.

If you were not comfortable with this experience a personal approach to the operator would have been more appropriate than this scathing unfounded and untrue negative review posted on an international website.

Nothing more than an attempt to deliver diliberate unfair damage.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Swan Valley Wagon Trails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just finished a morning trail ride with Rocky and Ross. It was a thoroughly enjoyable way to see some of the sights of the Swan Valley. Ross was the perfect guide, and his knowledge of the Swan Valley and it's history was very impressive. Ross was a gentleman and extremely friendly, we loved it. Rocky was beautiful.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank GemMarg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Explore your own back yard!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was a really nice way to see the Swan Valley and some of the things it has to offer, we went on the afternoon tour and so visited 2 winerys, an ice creamery and an aborigional art/food shop. I think it might be good to offer an exclusively winery tour as that's personally what interestes me the most, but it was nice to experience thing I wouldn't normally have. I would highly recomend it, it would be great for a group of 8 looking for something a little different to do on a beautiful day! (equally as brilliant for groups of 2,3, 4, 5, 6, or 7!) Dale was really lovely and has a fantastivc knowledge and afinity for the region which makes the tour all the more special :)

Visited January 2013