“One of the best again, second time round”
Review of Fillaudeau's

Fillaudeau's
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Caversham
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Having been to the restaurant before you are always worried it will not live up to your expectations. It met and exceeded our expectations, the service, food and ambiance is just perfect. We got talking to the couple that run/own the restaurant and its quite refreshing to see people wanting to really drive good service in Perth.

My wife left her glasses at the table and within 5 minutes we received a call to tell us. I wouldn't expect this from 99.9% of restaurants.

Will definitely be going back again and again. It accepts the entertainment card, sits in a winery, has amazing views and the staff are informative, friendly (and even french!!).

Top kudos!

3  Thank VinceFenlon

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time for my husband's birthday and weren't disappointed.

The menu is varied and we were happy with our choices as the food was really tasty. We were also impressed by the service on the day we visited and the restaurant's peaceful setting.

We will definitely go here for a meal again. The chef(s) are innovative without being over the top "what on earth is that?".

2  Thank WelshMaiden_8
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My in-laws had lunch with friends here only two days ago, and they enjoyed it so much that we went back there today for lunch, to celebrate my mother in law's birthday.

Disappointing doesn't really cover it. My father and mother in law both had fish (one had snapper, the other barramundi) both of which were too greasy. The potato dauphinoise looked like a congealed block of melted butter, and apparently tasted pretty much like one as well. My father in law, who has a healthy appetite, left about a third of his on his plate.

My husband and I fared a little better fortunately. Husband enjoyed his ribeye steak and my venison casserole was enjoyable.

The uneven quality of the meal was greatly exacerbated by the ridiculously long time it took to be served. We arrived at 1pm and ordered fairly quickly. There was an extremely long wait for our dipping plate - about forty minutes - and we didn't receive our mains until nearly 3pm. No acknowledgement of the delay was made during this time.

My mother in law and I bravely decided we would have dessert, after being assured that crepes suzette was quick to prepare. Thirty five minutes after ordering, we received our dessert. We finally left at 4pm.

In the interests of fairness, I will add that we did get one of the desserts for free, after my mother in law gave her comments on her main. But you know what? It wasn't good enough :(

1  Thank Jen W
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Best lunch in ages. Took business associates out for lunch for a relaxed meeting. Food was outstanding and generous serves. I haven't had such juicy duck in years. Found a great wine and visited the winery afterwards to buy some.

2  Thank SandraAB159
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Dining with friends at Fillaudeau's for a second time was again, a lovely experience. Friendly and attentive staff, delicious meals with the openness of the restaurant looking out to the grapevines makes for a relaxing and enjoyable Sunday lunch.

2  Thank nabe2014