“good service and generous serves”
Review of Duckstein Brewery

Duckstein Brewery
Ranked #12 of 17 Restaurants in Henley Brook
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Henley Brook, Australia
“good service and generous serves”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

we visited the Duckstein a couple of weeks ago. The service was exceptional. It was noisy, but in a good way. It is a German pub style so if your looking for a peaceful meal, you need to think a little prior! Great afternoon, we would go again. Not sure about the photos on here?? Doesn't look like the Duckstein at all!

• Visited September 2012

Perth, Australia
“Hasbeen”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

It used to be a great "value for money" family friendly place. Now it is a drinking hole for young and bold. So if you are middle-aged or have kids or want nice day out - this place is not for you anymore. It is loud, dirty, obnoxious and nobody is interested in providing you with any service.

Visited June 2012
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Lunch for 2, $100”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hock for her, and sausages for me - Wife and I ordered 2 way overpriced and over sized lunches today. Her (ham) hock must have weighed 1.5 kg, as another customer said to me, that roast is big enough to feed a family of four. ($38) My 3 sausages could have feed at least 2 people and cost $35. Our first reaction was, well we can take some home for sandwiches at least, until we were told by the waitress, "We are not allowed to give our doggie bags".
I said I thought I paid for and therefore own that food, how can they prevent me from taking MY food home.
Do they expect me to put it in my pockets ?
As mentioned, not even table service, pay first pub style with a knife and fork wrapped in a paper napkin, kind of like airplane food, and all that cost the 2 of us $100 with 2 small beers and one cup of coffee.
Food was ok, even though the sauerkraut is not even a little sour, the rest was the worst I have ever experienced. Even the so called live entertainment was some amateur boring guitar player that we could hardly hear, maybe that was the best part of our lunch today, the fact he did not disturb us..
Although I do not consider my self a "green" I have to wonder where all that excess food they serve people goes, with all the starving people in the world, it is obscene that they force you to buy portions that are 2 or 3 times bigger than any normal person could ever eat for lunch, and then they charge you for it and feed the leftovers to the local farm animals(or is it the next customer), at your expense !
One more thing, if you want some beer or wine, remember to bring cash, they don't accept any credit cards at the bar, where you have to stand in line a second time before you can finally sit down with your other half to "enjoy" your meal. Two words, "STAY AWAY"
Paul Barry

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank paulsb2009
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A frustrating Lunch....”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went to the Swan Valley with friends from Sydney and decided to have lunch at the Ducksteine. The initial staff welcoming was not very efficient...but we eventually managed to get a table. I then went to order beers and all went well. We then chose 4 main courses and went to queue to order...two plates were not available, went back to the table to ask both persons to look at the menu again and choose a new main course...started the queue again and got to order, when one of those two new choices were apparently not available!! This time I asked what was available in a specific section of the menu and was told that salmon was available as "fish of the day"...so back to the table to persuade my wife to go for salmon so as to get things on their way as we were pretty much embarrassed by the whole situation vis a vis our visiting friends to whom we were show casing WA!
Believe it or not...I queued again and by the time I reached the till, there was someone else taking orders...who said salmon was not available and that there was a communication problem between the kitchen and the staff!!
At that point in time, we were all so frustrated...and left to have lunch elsewhere.
A few tables around us had the same issues as we could see their "order person" walking to the table...to change the choice.
For a person sitting at a restaurant and making a choice as what to eat and not being able to eat that specific meal is extremely frustrating....
We visited the Duckstine in MR earlier this year and had a beautiful lunch!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank e243
Albany
“A brilliant afternoon”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a great time with the setting was magnificent and the food and beverages were mind blowing and icy cold as they always should be!

Visited March 2012