“A great place to relax, unwind and celebrate!”

Swan Valley Oasis Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Henley Brook
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We loved our weekend package and great dining experience at the Oasis. We wanted somewhere special for my 60th birthday, and this proved just the place. The meals were ample, and great value for money. The service was unfailingly warm and friendly and the staff couldn't do enough to make our celebration dinner a great occasion. All meals were pre-ordered so lunch went smoothly and without a hitch. A special visit by the manager and a an unexpected bottle of wine to congratulate me added a special touch.
The accommodation was clean and comfortable and came with champagne and chocolate and rose petals scattered on the love-heart on the bed.
We enjoyed walking around the beautiful grounds, playing a game of mini golf, and sitting by the pool. Some aspects need a bit of extra maintenance to give that extra touch and lift. Even so, I would certainly recommend the restaurant and the whole venue for couples and for families.

Room Tip: Our room was on the end at the top, with good views of tree tops. I liked being on the second story...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Swan Valley Oasis Resort

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Staying here for a weekend getaway to celebrate my Dads birthday. 10 of us all up staying in a 4 bedroom apartment/cottage. Shower had cobwebs in it and shower head won't stay up, keeps dropping. Went to go to bed and found mice poo on our pillows (lucky we brought our own from home) and in the bed. Also dead bugs on pillow, small flying things. Informed reception and they didn't seem too phased about it just offered to change the beds. Tea/Coffee tray not well stocked. 1 of the bedrooms doesn't have air con. Toilets don't always flush properly, had to lift lid a few times to get it to fill. Spa at pool area broken down not useable. Pool is ok but dead palm branches hanging over near the wall and wall has cracks looks like could crash down at any stage! There is a horrible Bali sewerage type smell and while relaxing by the pool you get it wafting past every so often. Could be the open pipe sticking up near the lounges. Also some random copper pope sticking out the ground.
Also in a resort one would expect towels to be provided but we had to take our white bathroom ones down as we hadn't packed beach towels.
The Apartment/Cottages we're staying in are a small drive/long walk from the pool/main Hotel. There's a path to follow around the golf course but for the kids it's rather annoying having to walk all the way around the golf course along the main road and round through the hotel to go for a swim!
No mention of that distance in any if the Hotel advertising.
Also this distance may be the reason we can't access any of the free wifi the Hotel website promises it provides.
For $645 a night, it is the biggest rip off ever!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank misspaddy
Reviewed December 14, 2013

There may be a worse place I have stayed in, but it doesnt spring to mind. Daughter and I had a mother/daughter weekend in the Swan Valley, to celebrate my birthday. We booked the Grandis Cottages (looked nice) but they accidentally overbooked the cottage, and they said they would pay the difference for the more expensive "resort" they found us. Resort??? You have to be joking. We arrived to find reception door locked and we spoke to a phone and someone came and answered the door and let us in. Even though we did as requested by the woman at Grandis Cottages, and told reception (two Filopino women whose English was limited) that Daphne knew about our accommodation; there was still some difficulty getting the message across. Parking near the accommodation is very limited and as you walk the distance between your car (parked behind Mash Brewery because no room at the '"resort" ) you notice a Bali-type questionable smell that pervades the place, you also notice that you pick your way past rubbish and decaying garden type things. We were shown room 15 - simply awful. For $275 a night my daughter and I were supposed to share a king bed in a tiny room that looked out onto filth and had a Bali at its worst odour; with a tiny bathroom. Awful!! We objected and were taken back to reception, where we waited (and a stale Asian cooking smell wafted around us as we did); and while we waited we also noticed a sort of cheap Vegas Elvis-type wedding chapel thing opposite reception; and after much Filipino discussion, were taken to another room past the pool. The pool - dirty, no landscape and full of probably the only people to actually feel comfortable at this sort of place - bogan, drunk etc... the spa (using the term loosely, very loosely) pool had a 'broken' sign on it. The pool and the spa would've been a health hazard. The second room was better than the first, bigger, and as it was getting late, we took that one. The room rate did not include breakfast, but if it had we wouldn't have eaten there - yes, it really was THAT dirty and smelly. Do yourself a favour and stay home if you cant find anywhere better than this. There is a risk this review reads as racist against Filipino people' but that is NOT what I am trying to convey. Yes, this appears to be completely run by Filipino people, possibly for the Filipno wedding trade mainly. I have no problem with that if that is what works for them (and I love Asia). But this absolutely DOESNT work for Western Australia,a and West Australians in my opinion. This was truly, comically awful - Basil Fawlty move over.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank womblewa
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My boyfriend booked 1 night at this hotel last week as a welcome home from a long trip. Thankfully we got a discounted rate for the room (Spa Room), however even this cheap rate was paying WAY too much for the room we were given.

Upon arrival we thought we had found reception but there was a man being given a foot massage on a couch... clearly that couldn't be reception?! We were wrong, it was :(

The room was small, dingy, and the furnishings looked outdated, with just enough room for me to open my large suitcase on the floor (we then had to step over it, we couldn't walk around).

The bathroom was a good size, however the spa/shower combination meant that it was quite a large step over the edge of the bath to get in and out, and an elderly person or child would find it nearly impossible.

We ended up going to Mash Brewery for dinner, after seeing the hotel we were terrified by what might await us in the restaurant. I'm not sure if that is actually part of the hotel, but we had a great meal for a reasonable price.

Once we got back to our room we found at least 15 mosquitos buzzing in the corner. At this point my boyfriend was ready to leave.

We had to ring after hours phone number to get some bug spray. When the staff member brought it up she explained we had mosquitos because there was a light right outside our door, and they can get through the gaps in the door really easily!! Why aren't the doors sealed better??

After we both recovered from the bug spray smell in the air we went to bed. The king bed is in fact 2 singles pushed together, so we had an annoying gap. Overall the bed was quite comfortable.

The next morning we looked at the breakfast menu. Seeing a (ham & cheese croissant?) for $18.50 confirmed for us that we wouldn't be staying for breakfast.

Unless you really hate the person you are booking for, do not book this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank perthy1986
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place is a rundown unclean hotel and was such a waste of money!
We stayed at this resort (it's so far from resort it's not funny) we were attending a conference. Checked in at 2pm had to drive from the conference room with our luggage because there is a mini golf course in between the main reception area and the chalets. I'm pretty sure I didn't notice any mention of this inconvieient distance on the website.
We booked a 2 bedroom chalet, initially when we walked in it looked ok, although it had a musty smell, the bathroom was very dated and the horrible white(grey) shower curtain that had mould on it this is probably what caused the smell. The kitchen was also quiet dirty particularly near the toaster what at first looked like mouse droppings was actually dead little bug beetles!!!
The bed that I had was probably the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, it had a very uncomfortable seem down the centre of the bed, I think this is where the mattress's are joined together maybe!
The restaurant was very very average, 2 waitress's to serve a function of approx 40 people a couple from our party ended up waitressing plates to tables. On leaving the restaurant after dinner we walked back to the chalet along a very long dark path there was absolutely no lighting, I think this is an accident waiting to happen! For the privilege of staying here no breakfast was included and when we looked at the menu we could not believe how much the menu was! Needless to stay when left to get breakfast elsewhere.
Never ever again would I stay here and I would not recommend this to anyone. It's dirty and unkept it needs an overhaul.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Finally had time to unwind and decided to stay in a spa room in the Oasis because of the good location and because of their winter specials. Staff were very helpful and courteous. I had the most comfortable bed and even slept for 10 hours straight which I needed. Food was great. Already planning for a girls weekend in the Oasis.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank MarnieBreeze
Reviewed June 27, 2013

---My boyfriend and I stayed at swan valley oasis resort for two nights and we're very happy because of the staff they're so very friendly and also very helpful. The room was very comfortable then.--- :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thor H, Owner at Swan Valley Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. Our staff are always delighted to receive positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swan Valley Oasis Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henley Brook
Fraser Suites Perth
#11 of 65 in Perth
Midland Tourist Park
#1 of 1 in Middle Swan

Been to Swan Valley Oasis Resort? Share your experiences!