“Sky Beach is a great little place, fresh food and fantastic ambiance”

The Sky Beach Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Hopewell
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I personally dine at the sky beach from time to time and which I enjoyed thoroughly. However last week I took some of my clients there and they we very very impressed. The food was great and they certainly loved the prices. This sea-front property has a great rustic out-door ambiance....Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

To most of my friends I am the biggest food critic they know... Sky beach had the best red snapper I have ever eaten! You get to select your own fish out of an ice-packed igloo cooler, cooked iwth the head on. The flavor and freshness of the fish were just incredible.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

After many trips to Jamaica, I feel compelled to write a review about this restaurant. It was one of the most enjoyable, unique dining experiences I have enjoyed there. The huts with seating for four to six add so much to the experience along with the fact that you go to an ice-packed Igloo cooler and select your very own freshly-caught snapper to be prepared (head on) for your dinner. The fish was absolutely delicious as were the fresh vegetables served with it. The service was excellent also. We could see the sea from our hut which was steps from the sand. We noted that there were men out by the ocean cutting up coconuts, so we requested that they bring us one to enjoy the fresh coconut juice and jelly. The food and the entire experience are not to be missed. When you first pull up, you are not too sure about the quality of the place, but trust me...once you get to your seat, be prepared for an overall dining experience, not just a meal. We had a great time. It was one of the highlights of our trip. And, to make it even more special, we did not have a heart attack, when we received the bill. For the quality of the food and the service, the prices were exceptionally reasonable.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very affordable restaurant and bar by the sea with private huts for dining. Perfect for a taste of Jamaica if staying by Round Hill or Tryall

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Recently dined at Sky Beach and it was excellent as usual.. This was my second time within a 4 month period of visiting Jamaica and was not disappointed... On the first occasion it came on a recommendation from staff at Round Hill as I was looking for authentic Jamaican cooking and not a resort, tourist catered cooking.. The service was excellent, the head server (unfortunately forgot his name) was very attentive and extremely polite.. It is a very casual atmosphere so shorts, T-shirt, flip flops are quite appropriate..

The meal is prepared to order so takes a bit longer than usual to be ready. I did not mind as the setting was fantastic (seaside) and you barely notice the time.. The only issue I found with the setting is the poor lighting. It is lit by lanterns which are adequate so we had to use our cell phone video light to read the menu. The brown stew fish, eschovich fish are excellent recommendations.. The portions are large so be prepared.. It is extreme value for money, we were a family of 4 and had appetizers, drinks, and main course for $120. U.S. It is about 5 mins away from Round Hill and the same distance from Tryall Club.

2  Thank nwright