Just returned from a gorgeous week at Round Hill. Incredibly relaxing! Gorgeous infinity pool (my favorite spot) and a cozy little private beach. Staff is wonderful. The fellow guests were also a delight. Every day they serve high tea at 4 pm with little goodies & sandwiches - so pleasant. Food overall was pretty good - no need to leave the resort. They also make a great dirty banana at the bar which should not be missed. Nightly entertainment is low-key, but enjoyable. This is definitely a spot for those who appreciate a slow pace - pool, beach, spa, etc.
The villas are really the way to go if you have a group, but we enjoyed the hotel very much with only two people. The hotel offers several lovely & newly refurbished rooms that all face the ocean - recently redesigned by Ralph Lauren, a Round Hill villa owner. The hotel rooms remind me somewhat of a 50's style motel (think Dirty Dancing meets Lost). :) Fabulous bathrooms with large tubs & rain showers. With that said, it can be a little noisy outside the windows (you will hear tree frogs at night & ocean waves crashing, but you might also hear people talking as they pass by).
Several folks told us they stayed at Half Moon on previous visits. I would say either one is a good bet, but Round Hill has the most character and history. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay