Round Hill Hotel & Villas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$623
$526
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$614
$515
Bookit.com
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$517
$437
Bookit.com
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$353
$216
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$478
$214
  • Breakfast included
Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
$116
The Wexford Hotel(Montego Bay)
$136
$82
  • Pool
Caribic House(Montego Bay)
$63
$80
Royal Reef(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,411 results
All reviewspineapple houseralph laureninfinity poolmanaging directormontego baysemi private poolprivate villaplatinum planvilla staffthe cottagesspa areajamaica nightbeach barbecueevery morningjamaican nightkids clubfitness center
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
New York Vity
Reviewed April 9, 2006

To all of you who wants to spend vaction in the sun with the most amaizing view, Best Service and More..., Go to Round Hill.
My wife and i has beeing going to Round Hill for the last 2 years and we have the best time ever. From the day that you check in until the day you check out every member of Round Hill staff are perfect. The rooms are "MAGNIFIQUE". The waiters remember what you like and will make sure that you have every single day of your stay. The management is always present to check that you having a good stay. The food is good. The atmosphere is amaizing, you have that kind of "Dirty Dancing" feeling where after few days you start meeting people which will make your stay even better.
It's as easy as that, my wife and i made the decision to go back every single year.
Go you won't regeret it.

Thank you to all of you at Round Hill for this fabulous experience.

Mr and Mrs Christophe Jadot
New York City.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2006

Round Hill is absolutely beautiful. The food is very, very good as well as the nightly entertainment. We stayed in the Pineapple House. The rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and the views lovely. We received outstanding service. The resort has a very relaxed but elegant feel. Just what we had in mind.

However, we were not prepared for the number of children - from infants to teenagers - that were EVERYWHERE. Not that we don't love kids - we have 4! But we were looking for a romantic, relaxing getaway without the constant chatter of children. This was especially evident at the pool. The view from our balcony was great but most of the hotel rooms overlook the pool as well as the ocean so from early morning to sunset there were the sounds of kids having fun in the pool - neat when they are yours.

Most evenings we were able to escape the kids by dining a la carte at a more adult terrace. But it was the kids who danced to the bands and joined in with the entertainment. Again, cute if they are yours.

The adult only spa area with beach and pool is wonderful and relaxing but there were ocaasions when people actually brought their kids over there too.

Also, skip the river raft ride. It is very tame and just another chance for a shakedown from a local. We golfed one day at Tryall and our caddy forced my husband to play at a head-spinning speed. We played through like eight other groups. It was ridiculous! The course is nice, the views beautiful but not worth the money under those circumstances.

So, I would recommend this resort but more for families than couples because they do seem to offer some enticing family-friendly ammenities like nannies, a kids club and a "kids are welcome everywhere" type attitude. But, if you are looking for a romantic kid-free getaway, I might look elsewhere. While you can opt for a private villa and pool, this is pricey and you still will go down to dinner most nights.

• Stayed: March 2006
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2006

My wife and I have been going to Round Hill for several years and always preferred a villa suite to the hotel rooms. But with the renovations (completed just before Christmas) we found the hotel to be super convenient to the beach and restaurant and the new rooms really great. They still have that Jamaica look but are more contemporary. We had breakfast every day on the patio which has just been added to the room and it could not have been more relaxing. The new bathrooms have Waterworks fixtures, which are very nice, especially the shower. We also enjoyed the new swimming pool with two vanishing edges over the bay so you feel as if you are swimming in the sea. And we loved the new menu. This resort has always had a special feeling about it and unlike many resorts that have been around a long time, Round Hill just gets better. We felt we were at a brand new resort but the photos in the lounge made us realize how long this unique place has been around.

• Stayed: February 2006
23  Thank vtones
Reviewed March 16, 2006

I felt I had to respond to a previous review. My wedding was also at Round Hill the same weekend as the previous poster's. I'm glad their wedding was such a success-but it was at the expense of my smaller wedding. We now know why we were bumped out of our requested Villa and moved to a far less apppealing one. Obviously, money talks, and it was speaking quite loudly this particular weekend. We were told by many members of the staff that they didn't even know there was another wedding that weekend. When we arrived, the staff at our villa had no idea we were getting married--when we told them we were there for a wedding, they assumed we were with the NY party. As for the wedding planning services--make sure there isn't a bigger event planned for the same weekend. We received minimal attention from the wedding planner after spending 6 mos. planning together and a previous visit. When we discussed this with the manager-we were told they were just "so busy" with the other couple's wedding...

I could go on and on--we like Round Hill for a vacation, but would NEVER recommend a wedding. We made no bones about telling them that between the two of us, we have 15 nieces and nephews(big families) approaching wedding "age" and they would not be getting a good review from us. To the other couple-we say congratulations and thanks for making our wedding so memorable(and NOT in a good way)

Stayed: December 2005
27  Thank SLY
Reviewed March 13, 2006

I got married in December, 2005 at Round Hill and it exceeded my expectations in many ways. We had 92 guests and many said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. We had visited previously in June to make arrangements and so we knew what to expect.
However they'd gotten a new chef in the interim and the food was noticably better.
The main drawback was that the pool construction was not finished (which they didn't inform us of until about two weeks before the wedding) and so our guests who were staying in the Pineapple House did not have a pool to use and were faced with the mess and noise of construction. However, the hotel upgraded many of our guests to villas at the last minute and made every effort to be accomodating. They filled every available villa with our guests and I don't think anyone was disappointed in the end. They gave my husband and I our pick of villas and we ended up staying in villa 18 which was incredibly fabulous. We had to climb up a steep flight of stairs to get to the villa but the view was unparalleled. And Round Hill gave us seven nights free as part of our deal.
We chose a week that fell right before high season and so the rates for our guests were very reasonable. We basically took over the resort for three nights - one night was a cocktail party in villa 18, one night was a bbq on the beach and the final night was the cermony on the spa lawn with reception on the main dining terrace. Georgianna was behind the scenes every step of the way and really pulled it all together. Once the initial confusion had passed of upgrading as many guests as possible out of the Pineapple House, I was truly able to relax and enjoy my wedding. The details were all taken care of and I could spend time with my guests over the course of three whole days! This was the wedding that many people dream of and think they can't pull off. With a place like Round Hill you can. If you're willing to let go of some details and trust that it will come together, they do such a beautiful job with everything that you really don't have to worry. Thank you Round Hill for my dream wedding. We have a great excuse to visit Round Hill every year on our anniversary.

• Stayed: December 2005