I nearly cried when it was time to leave Round Hill. Every inch of this resort is beautiful. It was built in the fifties and has relaxed, preppy vibe. You can almost picture Jackie Kennedy hanging out on the beach in her big sunglasses back in the day.
The staff people were kind and helpful. I would like to personally thank the woman in the dive shop who called our dive shop in St. Augustine to get my daughter's NAUI certification when it did not come up in the system. Also thanks to the man in the office who straightened out our zip line trip even though we did not book it through the resort, and the sweet lady who does the bed turn-down service who told us how sorry she was we had to leave the next day. I was sorry too.
What a perfect place. I could not get over the gorgeousness of it... nor could my husband, who is not normally one to sit and take in the view. I walked the stone path toward the spa each morning, and swam off the dock. I ran the jogging path to see the whole property. I snorkeled for hours on the reef. I sat in a lounge chair and just looked. We loved Round Hill.
My family stayed in the hotel, near the infinity pool. We had an excellent view. The shuttered windows do not have panes, and they do ask you not to run the air with the shutters wide open.
We turned the air up during the day, and down at night when everything was closed up. There was the tiniest bit of mildew in the shower. Though normally rather picky, I could not have cared less. Every thing else was so perfect, there had to be some tiny flaw so that I knew I wasn't in heaven quite yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay