“Lovely birthday trip”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Wall Township, New Jersey
“Lovely birthday trip”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My daughters , two friends and I stayed at Round Hill for my birthday , Memorial Day week. My daughters and I stayed in a villa with a pool and my friends stayed in the Pineapple House rooms. The rooms were very nice with great bathrooms. That being said , if you can spring for the villas , do it. The villas include two cooks/housekeepers to make you cooked to order breakfast daily . I have stayed in fabulous hotels all over the world and have never felt so pampered and special as I did when taken care of by Ms Pearlie and Ms Barbara . The front office staff was also fabulous , getting me a rental car for the price I wanted to pay , gave me directions and printed our boarding passes. All done , quickly , competently and with a smile. The people that work at Round Hill are trained properly, take pride in their work and obviously like working there, this really counts for a lot. The place is very special , and we had a fabulous time. The only negative was the price of the dinner entrees and the drinks and the fact that you are kinda trapped on site and have virtually no option to eat more cheaply. Entrees are $30-35 and drinks are $11 a pop plus the tax and gratuity , the food and drinks were fine but just really overpriced . The lunch menu was more reasonable with some very nice choices. Also the salads made from greens grown in the Round Hill gardens are outstanding and very worth the price. We had a great time , thank you Round a Hill for a wonderful birthday . We hope to return.

3 Thank maddiehawaii
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the great feedback on your recent birthday trip. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in beautiful cottage 5 with our wonderful housekeepers, Pearlie and Barbera. They will ensure that you have a memorable vacation. All of us look forward to welcoming you back for more special occasions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I recently spent 2 days here with my mom for her birthday. From the moment we drove through the gates I was in love with the place. Immaculate lawn and gardens, all the plants lush and beautiful. The staff was wonderful, offering fruit punch or rum punch during check-in. It was raining when we got there and they were at the car to greet us with umbrellas. Dahlia at the front desk was professional and helpful and all the staff was friendly and courteous. The room was oh so lovely, with a beautiful patio overlooking the beach. The bathroom was big and spacious, all white with separate tub and shower. I loved having a small refrigerator in the room. The property is gorgeous all over, from the beach, to restaurant to the adult only spa area. The infinity pool is just breathtaking as well. I mentioned that it was my mom's birthday during check-in and they gave her a cake on the evening of her birthday, it made her so happy, thank you guys so much. Only had one meal, breakfast, and while I enjoyed it there wasn't as much variety in the local choices and it was a bit overpriced in my opinion. One point to note, booking sites might say this is in Monetgo Bay, but it is actually a 20-25 minute drive from Montego Bay city center so it is a bit of a drive to restaurants, shopping etc. My only con, no TV in the rooms, and I didn't know that before booking. I am sure some people don't mind but I am a sports fanatic and the NBA playoffs is on. One TV room to share for everyone isn't really practical since if one person is using the TV the rest can't interrupt that. I think perhaps a TV in your room should be optional, or have some rooms with TVs. Although I would love to visit this place again, this would probably be something I would have to consider in my decision. Overall I would DEFINITELY recommend if you want to be wowed!

1 Thank verny123go
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the lovely feedback on your recent trip to Round Hill to celebrate your mother's birthday. We are happy to hear that you had a really great time and we were able to create exceptional memories for you and your mother. We hope you will return to Round Hill to celebrate another special occasion.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We just got back from our wedding/honeymoon in Jamaica at the Round Hill Hotel and Villas. It is a top notch resort in every sense of the word. Accommodations, setting, service, food, and wedding coordination was superb. We have stayed at all inclusives before, and the food/menu choices here were outstanding. We loved being at a smaller resort so it felt intimate and not overwhelming. There are plenty of places to relax by the pool(s), or beach. The adults only area is very nice as well. We rented one of the villas and the villa was beautiful. Breakfast every morning in our villa was very nice. For the most part we had great neighbors, but we did have some very loud neighbors for a couple of nights which is too bad. We can't really hold the resort responsible for people who do not know how to act in a setting like this. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you are renting a villa, try to rent the whole thing, otherwise you take a chance on noisy neighb...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy L
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted that your group chose Round Hill for the wedding and are thrilled that everything went well. We hope that you will to return to stay with us for a vacation where we will provide you with a relaxed atmosphere.
Michigan
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This will be the tenth year my family has visited Round Hill. There is truly no better experience for a family. The small but adequate beach area allows parents the opportunity to relax while the children feel free to run and roam. The beach side bars make an enjoyable trip easy and convenient for the whole family. The service is top notch and the children's program is one of the best I've seen. Not a thing bad to say about this wonderful piece of yesteryear.

Room Tip: the private villas are worth the upgrade if traveling with extended family
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank anelu8
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Valued Past Guest,
Thanks for the wonderful feedback on your most recent vacation, which was your 10th visit with us. We are thrilled that we continue to please you and delight you and your family. All of us look forward to many more more return visits.
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to the hotel for a wedding and did not want to leave. absolutely wonderful hotel with a friendly and attentive staff. hotel is located on a lovely piece of land and is isolated from the chaos of downtown Montego Bay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MattC416
Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for the lovely feedback on your recent trip for the wedding. We are happy to know that you had a great time and look forward to welcoming you back.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friends were married at Round Hill over Memorial weekend. This was the perfect setting for our group of friends to celebrate. From the accommodations to the setting, this resort is awesome. We were well taken care of throughout the trip. It's also nice that this resort is on the smaller side so it felt intimate and not overwhelming or contrived. I hope to return to this beautiful place very soon!

Room Tip: If you're with a group, Villa #16 is amazing!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing the feedback on your recent stay with us for your friend's destination wedding. We are happy to hear that the wedding went well and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will return to stay with us in the future for more of what makes Round Hill special.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was there for a wedding and just absolutely loved my time there. The service was impeccable, the staff was friendly, the food was delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better accommodation. Also, make sure you try the spa. The massages they offered were lovely.

Dear Valued Guest,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!