“Amazing stay”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was there for a wedding and just absolutely loved my time there. The service was impeccable, the staff was friendly, the food was delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better accommodation. Also, make sure you try the spa. The massages they offered were lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing the feedback on your recent stay with us for your friend's destination wedding. We are happy to hear that the wedding went well and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will return to stay with us in the future for more of what makes Round Hill special.

There are newer reviews for Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I had the special pleasure of staying at Round Hill in April with my Book Club. We had our own villa and it was just perfect. How amazing to have breakfast prepared for you in the adjacent kitchen that you share with only one other villa. And served to you on your private flower-adorned terrace overlooking your very own pool and hot tub [well, almost your very own; it is also for the guests of the adjacent villa], and of course the blue, blue sea. But that's only the start, because everything from the friendly and skillful staff (special shout out to Claudine at the reception desk) to the food to the services, the infinity pool, and the setting itself--all were spectacular. Nothing flashy, which also makes it special; it is an understated elegance. We'd recommend Round Hill to anyone looking for an experience that is simply the best.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback on your recent vacation where you stayed in one of our villas. The villas provide our guests with the desired privacy complemented by the personalized service given by the cottage staff. We Would like to invite you back to stay with us to experience more of what makes Round Hill special.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend just spent a weekend up in Round Hill and we both agreed that it is by far the most enjoyable weekend break we've taken in ages. It's small enough to ensure you are truly made welcome, with that they make you feel right at home.

The staff were very attentive and whilst we were thinking we could do with some ice for our room, the phone rang to extend a courtesy call to see that we had everything we needed. It was this level of service and attention to detail that made us feel that we will need to revisit this unforgettable resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seamus_h87
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for sharing feedback on your recent stay. Round Hill is the perfect place for a short weekend getaway. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back to paradise for more rest and relaxation.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Round Hill is an absolutely fabulous property. Having stayed at many locations around the Caribbean, this is certainly one of the best and most luxurious. The food is fantastic, much of it home-grown on site in the organic garden. The chef and restaurant manager are passionate about good food and are a wealth of knowledge. I'm a big fan of low-food miles. The location is second to none, with beautiful interior decor by Ralph Lauren and the grounds are stunning. I found the staff to be extremely helpful. I could not recommend the hotel highly enough. I will definitely be returning. Thank you Round Hill for such a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Beth H

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay. The entire Round Hill team is committed to ensuring that our guests have a wonderful stay. Chef Martin and his culinary team are passionate about using local foods, herbs and spices to create culinary delights too please you. They are committed to using the freshest items from our on-property organic garden. We hope you will return soon to enjoy more of Round Hill and Chef Martin's culinary treats.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

What an incredible place to stay if relaxation and beautiful views is your cup of tea (which is also served daily at 4pm w/snacks, free). Talk about peaceful relaxation on a amazingly lush property, with a gorgeous coastline that tops any resort/hotel I have been.

The beach itself is wonderful, with almond trees proving natural shade throughout; as well as wonderful sand and concrete/stone platform decks, and bars on both ends (at at one end was the infinity pool). There is also a path leading away from the beach, along the coast to the spa, which has a great grass lawn with areas to sit, including a nice hammock, all away from it all - a great, scenic walk. There were times when we just looked at each other incredulously that it was so "unbusy" - no fighting for beach chairs at this place, or loud people. We enjoyed just reading, taking dips in the glorious ocean and the sheer joy of peace and beauty that surrounded us.

We had a wonderful shared villa with semi-private pool, which we enjoyed swimming in day and night (especially late, under the moon and stars). We had breakfast prepared at the villa each morning ($25 + tax + service charge per person) and it was a real treat to eat on our beautiful outdoor living space. We ordered room service too for dinner often - just a pleasure (small room service menu, but we heard from someone on the last day that you can order off the regular restaurant menu too). The ladies were great as they met our needs.

Speaking of the staff, as a whole, the group is very professional. I would like to thank Dave Hamilton for showing us around the property - what a great experience to see all the different flora and gardens, as well as some of the villas - just awesome.

The food was very good - nothing great per se, but overall it did the trick. Just be mindful that the food comes with 10% tax plus a 18% service charge (which they combine together without saying the percent on the bill/charge - but it does say it on some of the menus, not all) - and they leave a space for tips (which is not obligated). I did not realize this until a couple of days in, so some got some real good tips! The resort itself charges the same 10% tax and a 15% service charge per night - something else to consider.

With that being said, we look forward to coming back here again for another awesome experience. We met many people who have been to the resort many times and they just rave about it, and we now know why - we're ravers, too! Thank you Round Hill - it was so pleasurable! See you again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mark G

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing us with comments on your recent stay. The tranquil nature of the property creates the perfect setting for complete rest and relaxation. Dave, our Head Gardener, is always pleased to show off the flora of the property. This is just part of what makes Round Hill special. We look forward to welcoming you back for another awesome vacation.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our second visit to Round Hill in the past year and we hope to keep the annual (if not semi-annual) tradition alive for years to come. I will start this by saying that I've been to countless Caribbean islands and many top resorts in Anguilla, St. Barth, St. Martin, Bahamas, St. Thomas, Aruba and Jamaica of course. My husband and I came to Jamaica last May to decide whether we wanted to have our destination wedding at one of the Montego Bay resorts. My fiance was skeptical of the island as he had never visited Jamaica and he quickly became enchanted by the people, its customs and general relaxed attitude and atmosphere. We visited several resorts in the area and Round Hill was hands down the perfect place in all of the Caribbean to host our wedding.

Round Hill is a truly special place. It is a chic hideaway with amenities and services for the most discerning clientele in a breathtaking setting with unparalleled sunsets and ocean vistas. Round Hill is for people who enjoy peaceful and stress free getaways - the hotel's traditions, setting and staff truly enchant the whole experience. This is a different kind of property than most. It is small, quaint and full of history. Round Hill is NOT for people who need to be constantly entertained or who prefer 'mega resorts'. The staff here will all smile and say hello and will most likely address you by name by the end of your first day. Once a week, the manager, Josef Forstmayr, hosts a lovely beachside cocktail party where you can meet and mingle with the other guests. Every day, the hotel hosts afternoon tea and serves finger sandwiches, delicious cookies and the best Jamaican Blue coffee around (there is tea as well, of course...) It is great to sit at one of the beach bars (Stewart's or Larry's) and talk with fellow travelers, enjoy a delicious island beverage (or two or three) and watch the calm waters of the cove beach.

We had 45 guests attend our wedding in May and we took up more than half of the pineapple house and an entire villa. Everyone had a fantastic time and many of our guests plan to return again. Racquel Bernard was a true professional and orchestrated every detail of our wedding without a hitch. The best part about this setup was that there are minimal decisions to make on the details which was incredibly helpful as I was planning this from afar. You have one fantastic florist / decor specialist, one or two bands / DJ's and Racquel will work with you to put together whatever your 'vision' is. Pace band was incredible and kept us up dancing the entire night. I can't recommend this property enough whether it is for a family vacation, couples getaway or destination event.

Room Tip: The coqui frogs can be loud at night so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emily R

Dear Valued Past Guest,

Thanks for selecting Round Hill as the venue for your recent nuptials. We are thrilled to know that you were pleased as we were able to provide you with a memorable wedding. Racquel, our Sales & Catering Manager, is very meticulous in the handling of her weddings. She has a passion for ensuring that every little detail goes according to plan. We hope that you will return to Round Hill year after year to celebrate your anniversaries.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I made a huge mistake by not booking at this property during my stay for a wedding at another location. My review is long overdue regarding my Oct 2013 one day visit to this breath taking resort. This resort is on my bucket list and definitely the cream of the crop! I was unhappily staying at another hotel/resort and didn’t want spend the last day there. Round Hill would not leave my spirit and I had to have a peek before departing home the next day. I contacted Round Hill and explained my deep desire with dreams for my future stay at this resort in 2014. They honored my request and welcomed me with open arms for a day visit. I immediately knew this is where I belonged when I approached the gate for entry. Villas nestled in the foothills of Jamaica with breath taking views. The sounds of serenity and tranquility echo throughout the property as I made my way to the front desk. The warm friendly hospitality from Kingsley and the ladies at the front desk registration who made sure our visit was more than special. Round Hill has such elegance and class. The ocean view rooms in the pineapple house overlooking the lush tropical foliage with a crystal clear glimpse or view of the water and infinity pool. I was captivated by the sheer beauty of the entire property I thoroughly enjoyed the peacefulness of the beautiful turquoise waters surrounding the property as I hung over the edge of the infinity pool to watch the sun set. Everything including the food was more than perfect with no flaws. It’s definitely an experience that you are sure to enjoy. The entire staff was awesome! This resort is the place to be when you visit Jamaica. Yeah Mon!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynne A

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful comments on your recent stay. Having Round Hill on your bucket list is indeed a privilege. We are glad that you were able to stay with us and that you enjoyed your vacation. Please contact us when next planning a return trip to our island paradise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
#2 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!