My wife and I returned to Round Hill for a short winter break in celebration of her birthday. Each year I try to do something special to surprise her and this year was as great a success as ever. Living in New York City, and with good access to JFK, Jamaica represents the ideal quick trip get away for us. It was wonderful to leave 20 degree weather at 6 am and and be in balmy 80 degree weather a few hours later.
It had been some time since we have visited Round Hill but the magic of this incredible resort has not waned - in fact it has only increased with tiny but important improvements. From the moment we arrived at the discreet front entrance we felt that we had come home. The welcome, whilst naturally informal, makes one feel like a VIP from the start. As a returning guest it was wonderful to see so many of the same staff members still in place, to recognize them, and to be recognized.
The ambiance and friendliness immediately melted away the stress of the the city and transported us to a calmer more place. While we only had 3 nights and 4 days to slip away the peace and tranquility seeped into us sufficiently to make the return to New York bearable.
My wife and I would watched Downtown Abbey on my Kindle each night and felt that we were living that life each day, With bountiful breakfasts, healthy lunches, sumptuous afternoon tea and creative farm- to- table dinner choices served in an effortless and casually elegant manner we could have been guests in a great country house.
Everything is designed to make one feel comfortable, relaxed and important. A bye gone era recreated. Don't change a thing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelClick and Despegar.com so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay