“Absolutely unbelievable & world class with 5 diamonds!”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed July 29, 2008

*** PLEASE READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION! ***
Also see pictures!

This was our second stay at Round Hill and I am still impressed by the workers, service, food & beauty of it all! We stayed for 8 days at Round Hill and it was one of the most memorable times of our lives... Lets start with when you checkin.

You are warmly greeted by a handful of friendly & outgoing staff who promptly take care of your luggage & bags. The conciegre man "Kingsly" who has been with Round Hill for over 35 years is a definite favorite and if you need anything at all; he's the man to talk to! Look out for him, he's always wearing his bright blue suit lol. Checkin is very smooth and once you walk through the main lobby of Round Hill, you will have a view of their private little beach! Kingsly will take you to your room & show you so of the attractions on the Resort grounds.

The Pineapple room we stayed in was so very nice. You have a king sized bed (see pictures), a lounge area to look outside your ocean view window. The bathroom is spacious also. HUGE bath tub, a wonderful "rain shower" shower, his and her sinks... Just wonderful (see pics).

For those of you with children, there is the Pineapple Kids club! This is an activities center where parents can drop their children off (ages 3 & up) to go and have some adult fun or alone time. For parents who have children under 3, you can hire a nanny from the resort! The women at Round Hill are so good and attentive with the children. We hired a nanny to wtch our 3 & 1/2 yr old daughter while we went to the Reggae Sum Fest and she was so awesome with her. For nanny services they charge $12/hr (& $15/hr after midnight). Also, every year during the month of July, Round Hill offers a free Pineapple Kids Tennis Clinic! This year there was a big turn out (between 10-15 kids)!

Now lets talk about the rooms... we stayed in the Pineapple house again (the cheapest room you can book, basically lol). We had an upstairs bungalo room and we had an awesome view of the ocean & vegetation around the "edgeless pool". YES! They have an awesome edgeless pool. They also have a baby pool area for young ones (1 ft deep). Might I also add, the private beach & edgeless have lifegaurds on duty at all times!

When you go to the beach or pool & choose the lounge chair to put your items down, the lifegaurd will get you a towel. I know... impressive huh? lol. There is always someone coming to the pool area to ask if you'd like something to drinkk also. Lounge chairs line up along the walk way from the pool/pool bar to the beach. Lots of shade if you just want to sit & read a book at the beach or pool.

Food at Round Hill...OMG! The food here is OUT OF THIS WORLD deeeeeelicious! I think I gained 3lbs in a week from eating so good lol. They have different "meal plans" to choose from if you go to their website & book (or here, i think?). I would definetly choose the meal plan with breakfast, lunch & dinner! They also offer free afternoon tea & snacks between 4-5:30 during the day. I must say though, my favorite meal was breakfast. As you walk into the dining area, you are geeted by Mr or Mrs.(last name). BTW, EVERY MEAL is sat down overlooking the ocean (literally, its 10 ft away!). The breakfast is great. There is a chef who cooks your eggs or makes an omlette how ever you please, fresh fruit, cereals, cheeses, pancakes, sausages, bacon and so on...etc. My husband loves the Blue Mountain coffee they serve & I loved their iced tea (with the liquid sugar!).

My second favorite meal is Dinner... and oh how creative Round Hill is EVERY NIGHT is different! Monday is "dinner on the beach" night. They clear the entire beach and set up tables, chairs & tiki torches. You literally have dinner on the beach & sand. At our table, my husband was 1 ft away from the water rushing up on the sand lol. It was so romantic too. Ever dinner is candle lit. They also have a live reggae band playing 5 days out of the week. So dinner... the will have a huge buffet for you to choose from. So much food to feast on, its insane! Lobster tails, pork, ribs, chicken, fish, pastas, salads, cheeses, fruit, veges, sweets, cakes, cookies!!!!!

Activities at Round Hill... Definitely talk to Watersports! Every day they offer a free "glass bottom boat" ride for guests @ 9:30am. Take the kids, they'll love it! Also, snorkeling, kayaking & sailing their "hobikat" is free for guests. Snorkeling is great in the bay. We also went kayaking, our daughter loved it too. They also offer water sking, water rafting (where they pull you on a big flotation thingy), scuba instruction & diving & so on...

Tennis at Round HIll... Round Hill has 5 hard tennis courts. Very nice tennis courts might I add! If you wanna good workout & burn that cake you ate the night before from dinner, lol.

Spa/gym/tranquility area... Round Hill also has a spa. They offer a full salon (hair, nails, waxing...) and massages. I got a massage when I was there. It's a little pricey but the massage was good. I think they charged $95 for a 50 minute massage. The also have a nice little gym if you feel the need to "get pumped up". Last year I went to the salon & got my hair braded lol. I got some beads put in too, it ws about $85. But it looked so cool! I seen alot of little girls had got it done this year.

Like I said before, every night is different at Round Hill. On Friday nights is "Jamaican Night". Where they have a crew of performers come a little after everyone's done eating to dinner. The put on a really great show!!! Our daughter was so into it, she loved it & so were the other children there. On I think... Wednesday night was the Invitation night. Where they formally invite you personally by letter to your room to a cocktail party. This is to meet the staff. Lets see... I don't want to forget anything lol... Oh yes... I cannot forget my main man Perry. He is a driver for Round Hill and he was very helpful. If you ever want to see outside of Round Hill and go to a nice beach, he can take you.

I hope you choose Round Hill. It should be the only place to stay in Montego Bay. It is unbelievable but when you go, you will believe lol. Some people may say it is too expensive or "over rated" but I totally disagree, its worth it! Trust me! I'm going again next year!!! ENJOY!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank stonegyrl
There are newer reviews for Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Reviewed July 15, 2008

If you are looking for a great place to get married, look no further! Round Hill was spectacular and they handled every aspect of our private little ceremony with the care and attention to detail that would have gone into a much larger wedding anywhere else at an extremely reasonable price. We wanted something super-small and easy, so we went with their "Saying I Do in Paradise" Package (which I affectionately called our "Wedding in a Box" because of how few decisions we needed to make). We are New Yorkers with crazy busy lives and we really appreciated being able to enjoy getting married in this stress-free way. They let us choose where we we wanted the ceremony on the property, and then took care of everything from there.

When we returned and sent out announcements with pictures of our special day, everyone gushed about how gorgeous it was at Round Hill and how relaxed and happy we looked (how could you not be relaxed and happy there?). Many people who had big weddings themselves could not believe we really didn't have to plan any of the details and were a little jealous that we had it all so easy! The flowers, the grounds, the sea and sunset really were all pitcure perfect. I'm sure Round Hill is spectacular for larger weddings as well.

Ironically, despite how hard it was to take a bad picture there, the only thing that was disappointing was actually the hotel-provided photographer and videographer. Definitely take care of your own pictures or talk to the wedding coordinator about getting better photographers. We luckily had great shots of everything just from our own point-and-shoot digital camera (not sure how the "pros" managed to mess that up!).

As for the rooms, food, service, grounds, what everyone else says in their reviews is spot on - it's all beautiful and delicious, though a little pricey. Take a trip out of the hotel to eat at Scotchie's and the Lobster Trapp if you can motivate to leave the grounds. We've travelled extensively for work and fun to many wonderful hotels and consider ourselves pretty picky and this was by FAR the best beach vacation we've ever had (not just because we got married there!). We can't wait to go back, and that's saying a lot because we love nothing more than discovering something new.

This is definitely the way to go!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2008

My wife and I went to Round Hill for our honeymoon. We stayed in the Pineapple House and purchased the all-inclusive package. Let me just say WOW!
We arrived on a Monday afternoon and Vincent (a hotel driver) was there at the airport waiting to pick us up. The room was spectacular. It was crisp, clean, and had a wonderful view. The furniture was beautiful, the bathroom was great, and the living area was spacious. The back wall was a set of doors that opened completely up to a deck with a view of the ocean. Everything also closed up so that we could run our air conditioner and fan to stay cool. Dinner was shortly after we got settled in. On Monday they had dinner on the beach. What a great way to start the week off.
There is definitely plenty to do during a stay with the infinity pool, beach front (smaller than some resorts, but still very nice and more than enough for the resort), sea kayaks, snorkeling (go in the morning for better views), sailing, etc. If you are willing to pay a bit or have it part of your package you can go out in the motor boat to fish, water ski, etc. You can visit the spa or you can also go on many different trips into town, to waterfalls, to go rafting, to go horse back riding, etc.
Probably our favorite part of the trip was just relaxing on the beach or near the pool. Just being at the resort is what made the trip wonderful. Round Hill is a relaxing place that is good for honeymooners, couples wanting to get away, and families. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank max-olive
Reviewed June 16, 2008

My fiance and I just returned from a wonderful 8-night stay at Round Hill, one of the most relaxing places we have ever been.

Our room was on the second floor of the Pineapple House. It had both a ceiling fan and air conditioning. We fortunately did not have any problems with bugs as some of the previous reviewers mentioned. We found the rooms very spacious, light, breezy & tastefully decorated (white walls with mahagony bed). Every morning, we opened our shutters to the most tranquil and mesmerizing view of the blue water.

The grounds were very lush and the gardens are beautiful.

We planned our visit in May - technically, the summer season. Although there was a wedding party at the hotel, it was by no means crowded. There was a mix of couples and young families (most kids under the age of 5). I didn't have any problems with the noise from the children at the pool area, although I could understand if the hotel was full that might be a problem. The weather was excellent. Beautiful clear skies in the mornings, very warm but not oppressive. Four out of eight afternoons there were some clouds and rainshowers, but they only lasted for a few hours.

The hotel staff (and the Jamaicans in general) were the most welcoming and generous people. Especially coming from NYC! I found that they were very accomodating and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.

The spa area is beautiful. It's a short walk down the beach from the main resort and opens into a great lawn that stretches out towards the beach. In addition to the spa, there is a small wading pool and an exercise room. I surprised my fiancé with a "spa lunch" on the lawn one afternoon after a couples message. It is well worth it if you are celebrating a special occasion, but otherwise might be a bit pricey. We had two deep tissue massages and tried both the Yoga and the complimentary stretching class.

In terms of activities, we enjoyed tennis, snorkling, the catamaran sail on Fridays ($50 per person) and a round of golf at Tryall. There is a free shuttle to Tryall that leaves at 9:00am and returns at 1:00pm.

Considerations:
The food was just ok. Although we ate almost every meal on the property, we did not do a meal plan. The best items on the "a la carte" menu were the fresh fish (especially the snapper). We also enjoyed the Beach Barbeque on Tuesday. The breakfast buffet is excellent but very expensive.

Wireless internet was spotty. We had to ask several times for someone to come and set it up in the room. There is a computer lab on grounds, but we found this a little inconvenient.

We felt a little isolated from the Jamaican community. (This may the intention). Aside from hotel staff and cab drivers, we didn't meet too many locals. We had thought about going into Montego Bay for an inpromtu dinner but were discouraged. (Also, given the two-way cab fare, it ends up being somewhat expensive).

There is a nice air-conditioned library and tv room if you need to catch up to reality. We rarely used it though.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2008

I just returned from Round Hill Hotels and Villas in Montego Bay Jamaica. I recommend this beautiful destination to anyone with small children, couples or single people. The staff was outstanding in every way, so accomadating to your ever needs even anticipating at times. The setting and the grounds of Round Hill are magnificant, everything was very well thought out, its beauty was unsurpassed. I have been to many other places in the Caribbean, this was just wonderful. I stayed at the Pineapple House their Hotel, which was beautifully appointed and immaculate, the houskeeping staff was excellent. The view from our room was breathtaking. The evening dinners were varied some nights we ate on the beach, sometimes in different dining rooms. Their was tea served every afternoon, from 4 to 5 varied, tea sandwiches, scones, and a wonderful selection of teas very high quality. My stay at this beautiful, friendly, Hotel will always place a special time in my heart. Anyone who is looking for paradise, should consider Round Hill.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Our family just spent an incredible week at Round Hill, and it was one of the best vacations we have ever had. It was easy to get to from Boston, everyone was welcoming and friendly, there were many other families with children, and there were activities for all of us. Our villa (#13) was breathtaking, as was the view, and our children loved having their own pool to play in at the villa in addition to the big pool down by the ocean. Round Hill has the perfect combination of all the amenities you could want (tennis, nice gym, spa, pool, good restaurants, golf cart rides to your villa, kids club, water sports), but is small, intimate, unique, and beautiful.

Round Hill also won us over because the staff was so helpful to us in feeding our daughter who has severe food allergies to nuts, dairy, and eggs. We brought a lot of our own food, but were able to get her safe meals at the restaurant, safe smoothies at the tiki bar, and the women who helped make breakfast took extreme care with her food and offered to learn how to make her pancakes that were safe. So, she woke up each morning to a wonderful and safe breakfast of bacon, fruit and pancakes that I didn't have to make!

It is a truly wonderful place!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2008

At one time or another, I have been a guest at some of the finest hotels in the world: The Peninsula (Hong Kong); The Connaught (London) ; Le Richemond (Geneva); Splendido (Portofino), The Carlyle (New York), The Meurice (Paris), just to name a few. I will just say this: my recent five day stay at Round Hill tops them all. From the moment I entered the registration area, the experience was simply sublime. The location, the friendliness of the entire staff, the cleanliness, the entertainment, and the food were superb. How on earth can each member of the staff, up and down the line, learn, and remember, your name in such a short period of time? And every greeting is with a warm and genuine smile. The accommodations at The Pineapple House overlook a crystal clear bay and a stunning nightly sunset. As well as being beautifully decorated in the vintage Ralph Lauren (his "Cottage 26" is right next door) style, they are spotlessly clean. It is no wonder that JFK and Jackie spent part of their honeymoon in one of the Villas! If you are partial to understated, low key, and effortless style, this is the place! Round Hill does not bluster with glitz, it whispers to you with elegance! Sitting in the open air bar, before dinner, sipping a dry martini, and listening to a great pianist play Gershwin and Porter songs is my idea of Heaven. I intend to spend a week at Round Hill every year for the rest of my life. A food tip: the simply grilled Grouper will take your breath away! It was swimming a few hours earlier! For me, Round Hill is a treasure that I finally found!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank WillowsFarm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
#2 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!