We stayed in villa 11 and my first impression was "Wow!" -- the cottage was very nice and cosy, we had a wonderful seaview, though the villa itself was hidden in vegetation which gave us all the privacy we needed.
The property is meticulously maintained. The stuff are very complaisant and always ready to help, we specificly adored our maids Jennifer, Euline and of course Blossom, who also cooked incredible omlettes. It was low season, so there were always plenty of sun beds available on the beach.
The thing that got us all ( we were a party of 5) a little upset was the menu. The catering was ok (though not great), but the menu was very short and we had to order the same dishes for ten days in a row. So by the end of the 1st week we all started to skip meals & lose weight (which, on the other side, is good).
The spa was a disappointment -- after all the great reviews I had read I expected something tremendous, but it turned out to be pretty average and btw in need of a little renovation in my opinion.
One more thing: my husband had his 30th anniversary during our stay and taking into consideration the fact that Round Hill is marketed as "long one of the most beautiful and elegant boutique resorts in the Caribbean" and all the staff seemed to know us by sight and we were one of the few guests they were having at the moment, the management somehow missed this "event". Of course it's a little thing but the impression you get from anything consists of those little thing and people tend to rate a service not only by meeting expectations but by exceeding them. So I think it would be great if the reception managers paid attention to dates of birth when guests check in and maybe sent greeting-cards or flowers on occasions like this.
Anyway our vacation was fabulous and I'm sure to recommend this resort to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay