There are few places in the world where tradition merges seamlessly with modern style and luxury, but Round Hill is one such special place. The superb staff and management make this fusion seem effortless, but clearly the amount of dedication and hard work needed to make Round Hill such a unique experience must be enormous. Virtually nothing is overlooked, although no one hovers or intrudes upon your enjoyment of the truly breathtaking setting. This is a place to unwind -- and in an almost literal sense, as you can feel the tensions and cares of your "other" life lose their grip on your psyche, minute by minute and hour by hour, during your stay at Round Hill. The only dark cloud on the horizon, you may come to feel, is the date and time of your return flight. One understands why the likes of Noel Coward and the Kennedys found Round Hill to be the perfect respite.
Now for some specifics. We stayed in a villa, and it was decorated beautifully with most of the living space open-air; the small staff was incredibly gracious and attentive and served us a wonderful breakfast each morning by the pool. We used the spa one day, and the service was impeccable and the facilities excellent (including the numerous spots to lounge on the lan that rolls down to the sea from the Spa itself). The beach, ininity pool, and water sports were also fabulous. Afternoon tea and meals at the Grill were top-notch, as were drinks at the beach bar and in the Bar. When we asked to look at some of the other villas (since we WILL be going back, and wanted to know what options were available), Kingsley, the concierge, whisked us around to see a number of other villas, each more sumptuous than the last. So I can say with some confidence that our impression of Round Hill was not unduly influenced by the beauty of the one villa in which we stayed.
All in all, unless your tastes run to mega-resorts with 15 mediocre restaurants and lazy river pools and waterslides, it would be hard to even imegine a more perfect Caribbean resort -- one that is steeped in history but treats even its newest guests, like us, as if they were heads of state.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay