I'm being fair by rating this place 2 stars. I stayed in a villa with a shared pool, 3-4 villas shared the same pool (aka "semi private"). I agree with SarahXS's review, the resort was completely overrated.
The food was not what they advertised. Most were not kept at proper temperatures or handled properly. The food was NOT good and tasted like it came out of a 3 star all inclusive hotel like the holiday inn. What made matters worse was the service! Everything took forever. One night my A/C broke (it was HOT) and it took them over 6 hours to get to my room, no exaggeration. If I asked for anything extra like mosquito coils- they would never arrive. My iphone also got stolen.
The only good food comes out of the beach grill, the chef has pride in the food he is serving-- unlike the other staff here who reluctantly do their job. Also expect to tip like your jay z on top of the automatic 15% or whatever it is. I also had a few good breakfasts in my room but there was a few that arrived weird- for example the oatmeal tasted like fish sauce was in it.
For the money I spent (about 10,000 for 2) I would have stayed somewhere else. I wasted my time and money here. Yes it's beautiful but for the money there is so much better out there. Why pay 5 star prices for 1 star service??
the exception: The spa was amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelClick and Despegar.com so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay