All reviews home stay home away from home wonderful hosts antique furniture birds chirping heritage home modern comforts portuguese house real goa madding crowd zuari river orange room authentic goan city life stress buster living room goan holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2018

Arco Iris is a beautiful, lovingly restored old style manor house and looks just like the pictures on the website. It has beautiful views and is in a wonderful area, lovely countryside.
I stayed here for one week in January in the yellow room. The room was lovely with a terrace on the verandah with a great view, the bathroom was huge.
Beni, the owner and her family were wonderful hosts and made you feel like one of the family, giving advice and help and great conversations.
I will definitely be returning to this beautiful home and wonderful people and will book for 2 weeks next time.
I would highly recommend the Arco Iris to anyone wanting a relaxing, serene time, with beautiful views, good food and most of all great hosts.
Thank you so much.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Karen332London
Reviewed January 31, 2018

Had a fantastic time with Beni & Ganesh @ Arco Iris. Great for families travelling with kids. Kids just took off on their own, exploring in and around the property. Beni gave us excellent ideas on local hotspots. We will surely be back for many more visits.

Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

We loved everything about our 3 day stay at Arco Iris. Beni and Ganesh were warm and wonderful hosts, as was their entire staff. Special mention for Ratul - he got us cold beer every time we asked it of him :). The property itself is gorgeous, overlooking a lovely lake and surrounded by lush greenery everywhere. Beni and Ganesh have done it up so lovingly - there are a million corners all over the house where you can while away the hours doing nothing. Do go and stay there - whether you’re looking for some quiet or not!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2018

Excellent homestay with very professional, friendly and helpful hosts (Beni and Ganesh). Rooms are beautiful restored and the attention to detail is amazing. Extremely clean and modern bathrooms. A great place to experience a quiet holiday and enjoy long walks in the Goan countryside.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed January 17, 2018

I have been to Goa eight times and have stayed at different parts of Goa over the last thirty years. Bennita's place has so far been the best place that I have stayed in Goa. Our hosts Ganesh and Bennita were extremely hospitable. This was also the first time we were staying at an authentic Goan Portuguese villa. Its really incredible the way 200 years old villa has been restored to its full glory and fitted with present day comforts.

My travel companions Apoorv [son] and Akanksha [daughter] also loved the relaxed feel and ambience at the villa. Being a birder and nature lover, this place had an added charm for me. The front garden is a very busy place for avian beauties during morning and evening hours. There is also a rainwater lake in front of the villa, which was teeming with wintering fowl during my stay. I had a fantastic time prowling around with my camera.

I would certainly visit this place again and again and will also recommend to everyone looking forward to real Goan hospitality.