Review Highlights
Pleasant enough as a day trip

Reviewed December 15, 2018
hami1804
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Beautiful Small Island

We booked our package online for a day trip at IDR650,000 per person. It took about 2.5 hours to... read more

Reviewed October 11, 2018
Ida_Zahra
Singapore, Singapore

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Thousand Islands
More Info
All reviews banana boat per person day trip takes approximately minutes clear sea fish marina ancol ride cinta destination jakarta beach island hours package ferry boats
Selected filters
Reviewed December 15, 2018

It was a solo day trip on a Sunday in March 2018. I took a boat from Muara Angke, Kali Adem port (North Jakarta). It departed at 8 a.m. and was a very pleasant 2-hour ride to Tidung. There were only me and 4 other people on the boat. I spent a total of IDR 550,000 for the trip, of which IDR 200,000 was for the ferry (round-trip). It shouldn't have cost this much if I remember correctly. There was another ticket booth that sold the same option for half the price. To locate this ticket booth, upon entering the ticket office look to your right.
I befriended an Indonesian husband-wife couple who booked a tour and were so kind to let me join them for brunch at their guide's family and their private tour. The guide was a teenaged local. We walked around the islands. Tidung is divided into two islands, Tidung Kecil and Tidung Besar, connected by the Bridge of Love. I preferred the quieter Tidung Kecil (?). The guide helped me rent a bike to ride around for IDR 5,000. At Tidung you could do snorkeling, diving, etc.
Our boat back to Jakarta was supposed to depart at 3 p.m., but it arrived 1.5 hours late. It seemed not just our boat but other boats arrived late as well, causing quite a crowd sitting, standing, lying around waiting for the boats to come.
Nothing breathtaking about Tidung, and there was trash, but overall, it was pleasant enough as a day trip.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank hami1804
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We booked our package online for a day trip at IDR650,000 per person.
It took about 2.5 hours to get to the island from Marina Ancol jetty.
First destination we went to Jembatan Cinta (Love Bridge) by bicycle and it takes approximately 7-10 minutes to the bridge from harbour. Tidung island are two islands connected by a bridge. The sea is clear and the sea water is warm. The island was nice.
Activities: snorkelling and banana boat.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

It was located near Jakarta but it was really beautiful. I was going with my Korean and Chinese friends and they loved the beauty of the beach. Fortunately we came on weekdays so there were not so many people there. After the local tourist came, it became so noisy and dirty.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Clear sea beach, clean sea and very amazing for stan up paddling with cozy people's. Around island or accross island to island is possible and safe paddling.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I visit the Tidung island with my friends in a large group with 70 number of people. We explore the island and have a group building game in the Cemara House which located in the western beach. We visit the Jembatan Cinta also, which is the favorite spot for tourists. Overall, Tidung is not my favorite place to visit. The beach is quite dirty. Just a few fish was showed in the beach and the snorkeling spot. However, there are a dolphins! The guest house are quite small but ok. The cleanness of guest house just so-so. Just thinking about a picnic and you will get it in the Tidung island. If you want to buy food or coconut drink just make sure to ask the price before you eat or drink it. We can reach the Tidung trough Kali Adem harbor using a ship, you can choose the kind of ship. The cheapest one will take three hours to go to Tidung. Last, the harbor is not my favorite too, it just messy in those area. I think a good improvement and maintenance will make this destination more beautiful.

Date of experience: April 2018