Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A relaxing and interesting experience

Reviewed August 10, 2019

from $69.11
More Info
from $50.00
More Info
All reviews cave tubing goa pindul the river oyo river same price interesting experience truck ride getting wet stalactites and stalagmites lots of fun friday afternoon short distance interesting activity rainy season the cliff adrenaline rush take photos
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2019

Went there in a Friday afternoon. There were only my family of 3 and 4 other tourists in the area. It was a relaxing and interesting experience lying on a big tyre tube floating on a stream going through Pindul Cave. We have 2 fun-loving jovial guides who pulled us along while joking and commenting on the cave. Thereafter, we continued tubing at Oya River. Overall, it was a relaxing and enjoyable experience especially after our visit to Jomblang Cave.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Hin Dong H
Reviewed July 24, 2019

We went there on a Monday, so it was not as crowded as many wrote. The cave is amazing, it's pretty dark inside and full of bats, stalagmites and stalactites. We even saw some crystal-like rocks. Our guide was helpful and funny. I left my bag in the reception area while coming back but later they were able to return it!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed May 3, 2019

OK, let's get this straight: You will either love this or hate it! If I knew what was ahead of me, I would never ever go.
We arrived around noon and unfortunately, it was during school holidays. But we heard that weekends are similar. There were literally many hundreds (!!!) of people floating on tubes in the water, pushing through the narrow and small cave. It felt like being on the huge rock concert, one body next to each other, pushing, desperately trying to get further. Some people were super pissed off, kids had fun. The water was not even visible at all, how packed it was. Absolute madness. It took almost an hour to move 300m long the passage. When I stopped regretting going, I realized that it was better to start thinking about it like a cultural experience and in the end I actually had fun :)

If you decide to go for this, here are some tips:

- rent scooter in Jogja and follow Google Maps to get there independently. Many kilometres before Goa Pindul, you will see road signs that are MISLEADING and guys around it offering to take you there/guide you for free! They will even chase you on their scooter and offer you free guiding services while you ride! (We were approached by 11 guys!!!). It's a local scam! Trust Google, ignore these guys or tell them that you are not going to Goa Pindul, and just go.

- Once you get to the village, you will see many tour operators (currently, there are 11). Ignore them and go directly to the main office in the end (follow the small official tourist road marks "Wonderful Indonesia").

- Buying the Goa Pindul ticket alone is nonsense, considering how far it is from Jogja. Get it in combo with the Oya River Tubing. That one is actually really nice and after the cave, you will need a break from people and some peaceful silence. There are rocks around river where you can jump from, plus some small waterfalls.

- If you have a chance, ask for a tour guide Thomas. His English was great and he was very cheerful, knowledgeable and fun guy. He managed to push us through the cave in record time, leaving many groups that started before us behind.

- The bigger group you go with, the worse, because the smaller ones are easier to move through the cave and skip the queue. We were lucky that we didn't stop in the unofficial offices, as I saw groups of 20-40 people, while we were only 2 paying the same price, getting the full attention of Thomas, and going faster.

- There are lockers and changing rooms in the official office.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Veronika279
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

It’s a rare opportunity to be able to do 2 things at once, caving + river tubbing.
The journey from entrance to exit may be short (about 30mins), but one will be able to explore this unique cave while floating along the river.
With a guided tour, he explained the uniqueness of this cave and we get to see 2 different species of bats and other creatures.

Certain part of the cave can be really deep (about 5mtrs) and there are parts which one can go swimming in it.

Note: do bring along a torch light as certain part of the cave is completely pitch black.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

Very interesting placed for family.Take Camera man to take our family photos.Very nice photos ...take more than 200 photos.

Date of experience: January 2019