Our nr. 1 holiday highlight. Amazing snorkeling and diving! Loads of fish and beautiful coral and scenery! We saw sharks, clown fishes, turtles, trigger fishes, batfishes, sweetlips and many more. Even when snorkeling, we were amazed by the many fish we saw. Even though raja ampat is relatively expensive, we are glad we did it. Truly amazing!
We stayed at raja ampat dive resort. Huge advantages of this resort:
1. Flexibility on arrival and departure dates. Two days in advance we contacted Agus from the resort. Unlike the other resorts we contacted, this resort is extremely flexible re arrival and departure dates, so no compulsory 7/14 days diving packs from Sundays to Sundays only.
2. Excellent service. Agus is very quick in his responses. He picked us up from sorong airport and accompanied us to the resort. He also joined us back to sorong and brought us to the hotel. Also he arranged our flight ticket to sulawesi and took us to the airport. The day after we arrived in sorong, agus came to pick us up to hang with us and to show us a bit of sorong and he showed us his house and family. This last night we all had diner together (no additional costs for this day, this was just his kind nature) We had a great time! The best service one could wish for!
3.Relatively cheap compared to other resorts. The wooden cottages on shore have comfy beds and private showers and toilets. The rooms have fans, but as the ocean breeze pleasantly cooled us at night, we did not need to use the fan. Food varied every day. Definitely try the lobster, yum!
4.Payment. We could easily pay afterwards with credit card in sorong, so no need to bring packs of money to raja ampat.
5. The staff is really great! The resort is run by very professional, helpful and friendly locals. It feels like one big welcoming family! Many thnx to made and klief (for the great and professional diving and singing), James (for the snorkeling and good chats), ahmet ( for the boat rides) and the ladies for the nice coocking, you are the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Raja Ampat Dive Resort is located on the edge of the world famous Dampier straits on the South of Waigeo Island - the largest of the Islands in the park. This is a vast area of the equatorial Pacific Ocean known as the Coral Triangle which holds the title for being the heart of the world's greatest coral reef biodiversity - including 75 percent of all known coral species on Earth. Raja ampat Dive Resort - bungalows. We are located just a short drive south of Waisai (Capital of the Raja Ampat Regency, located on the island of Waigeo) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Raja Ampat Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.