“great pub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The white horse is local to us,so we are pretty regular visitors. Great food,nice wine selection,varied and good choice of ales and lagers all well kept. Lovely restaurant(can't wait for the christmas dinner) all the ambience that a village pub should have,great outdoor space for those sunny days and an open fire for those winter months.Keep up the good work simon,and cheers again for the lift home from the rain the other evening.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We only live down the road from this pub, and I love it. The staff are always friendly. The food is also good, and you do not have to wait ages for it. I had a burger and really enjoyed it! It is a family friendly pub and has a really good atmosphere. The outside seating area is good too!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We'd been meaning to try the White Horse for a while but the opportunity hadn't presented itself. We arrived to find a wedding party about to be seated for lunch but were told we could be served before them. Our main courses (Bangers, Mash and Seasonal Vegetables; Hot Chicken and Bacon Salad) arrived promptly and were tasty and plentiful.

Service by the young staff was friendly and brisk. We were advised that there would be a delay in bringing our desserts but that wasn't a problem; if fact the delay wasn't very long. My Lemon Posset with Shortbread was delicious (and rich!) and my wife needed help to finish her Apple and Ginger Crumble.

Several real ales were available. We chose Woodforde's Wherry and Crouch Vale Brewers' Gold. Both were excellent. A pleasant pub lunch, recommended.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just fell upon this place during a boating trip and couldnt believe our luck. The welcome we received for a lunchtime drink (great range of ales) prompted us to book a table for an evening meal. A new chef had started only a few weeks ago and the menu was superb with something for everyone in our group of 8.
The food, service, drink and atmosphere were just brilliant and this is clearly a business which understands what customers want. The owner, Simon, exudes enthusiasm for what he does and that is reflected in the whole experience.
A vibrant place with excellent food and drink and an atmosphere to match, all delivered at sensible money. I couldn't recommend it enough and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Don't be mislead by some of the older and now clearly irrelevant reviews.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

An old friend and I cycled to Loddon for a couple of pints and and some lunch in the sun, well, you have to make the most of it!
We were tempted into the White Horse when we encountered the friendly and helpful landlord outside, I don't think he was touting for business although he was convincing when selling his wares.
We took our well kept pints outside and sat in the pleasant garden next to the bowling green.
My friend ordered one of four fish specials, a whole baked sole with new potatoes and vegetables and said it was excellent, I went for cod and chips and mushy peas as I was suffering from fish-n-chips withdrawal symptoms, my choice too was delicious too. We both talked ourselves into a pudding and each had a New York (In Chedgrave?) cheesecake that came artfully arranged with fresh strawberries and what I believe was Parravani's local ice cream. A very nice lunch all round made even better by the landlord and his efficient waiting staff.