“Beautiful grounds”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ware
London
“Beautiful grounds”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here September 2013 as part of a work 'away day'. This was our second year running holding our away day at this venue.

The grounds are really lovely, especially if the weather is good. Perfect for a picnic and really spacious. The hotel is perfect for a work event as it has nice accommodation (some rooms are much nicer than others though), spacious meeting rooms, good food (the dinner we had was amazing) and fun add-ons, like a karaoke room and sweetie vending machines!

I can see it would be a great wedding venue too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We attended a friends wedding here, the garden were very lovely. But our room was not ready at the stated time, we checked in half an hour later and still not ready, they hurried the maids in after we left our bags and quickly freshened up. They apologised and left us a bottle of wine in our room at the end of the night. Howether, my makeup that I had left in the bathroom had been taken by cleaners, ( They probably thought it was the peoples before) But it was a Mac foundation costing me £20. I'm not to happy that I have to replace!!
When we woke the next day and packed our stuff up I noticed on the ceiling cobwebs and up to 6 spiders, this is my worst nightmare. The girl at desk gave us £30 of our room- And said she would look into my makeup going missing then she would phone me, No call ever came, so really they gave us £10 of to sleep in a dirty room. The ceiling need a good clean, am shocked as the hotel was lovely apart from our room.

Room Tip: We were in courtyard, quite noisy at night with weddings going on. But dirty dirty room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
DebbieMGuy, General Manager at Fanhams Hall Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry that your room was not ready on time but so pleased we provided a gesture of goodwill.

The cleanliness of your room is not acceptable and certainly not our usual standard of cleanliness.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon so you can enjoy our lovely gardens again as you mentioned.

With kind regards
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We attended a fabulous Sunday lunch meal after being recommended this establishment by a friend. The food was exceptional, the grounds stunning, the staff appeared to enjoy their work. It's nice to have a good experience in a busy environment. The only improvement I would advise would be to reword phrases used by senior staff to minors, the busy carvery area had become a bit messy, the supervisor asked the young man to clean the veg and s*** to make it look better. I would expect a more professional manner, however very pleasant when showing us our table. Overall good job fanhams! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for joining us for Sunday Lunch, I was delighted you enjoyed yourselves and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

I am sorry for the comments you overheard. Please be rest assured that I have spoken to the team member you have mentioned.

With kind regards
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I got married at Fanhams a few weeks ago and we would tell anyone who is looking for a venue to choose this one. Not only is it beautiful with its mix of old and new and lovely photo opportunities but the staff made the day for us. The food was fantastic and the staff so attentive, I could not fault any part of the day they were very organised and provided a personal touch. My feet were killing me the next day after a tour of the huge gardens with the photographer and dancing all night in heels, however I still managed to hobble down for a yummy fry up in the morning. All of my guests had said that had they known of this venue they would have chosen it too, it's a hidden gem. Fanhams is the only wedding venue for me and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I got married here on the 24th August and had the most amazing day. Louisa looked after us up until a few days before the wedding and Abi took care of us on the day. They were so accommodating from the moment we booked at Fanhams and I literally couldn't have faulted the service we received on the day. The rooms were lovely and even the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately it rained on our wedding day but the staff made every effort to make sure that it didn't put a dampener on our day. I would definitely recommend Fanhams Hall as somewhere to have your special day or even just to visit for an overnight stay or lunch and to have a wonder around the beautiful grounds.

I look forward to returning to Fanhams in the future

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had my wedding here in late August and cannot reccommend Fanhams Hall highly enough. The staff are extremely helpful and throughout the day would regularly check to see if everything was ok. My wedding day was perfect and ran so smoothly, the staff work so hard and are very courteous and polite - a number of my guests commented on how helpful they were. The wedding was not stressful in any way. Instead of a sit down meal we had a BBQ and I have had so many people tell me how much they enjoyed the food - it was plentiful and more than enough choice for everyone. The extensive grounds are beautiful - we were on the Pavilion side surrounded by the pond and ducks which was great, as were the views. Our wedding suite was lovely overlooking the garden with the pond and fountain, breathtaking. I have been to various events at Fanham's over the years and really like the atmosphere, it's a lovely place to visit and the building and grounds are very impressive but it has a very nice relaxed feel unlike other venues which can be very stuffy. I look forward to going back!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had my wedding here in August and the day came off perfectly. The staff are very helpful and very professional, which helped the day run very smoothly. The food was delicious - this was commented on by most of our guests - and the actual venue is beautiful, the grounds are gorgeous and our room was lovely (the bathroom was a little dated but that's probably the very worst thing I can think of, which in itself tells you something!). Louisa and Stephanie were amazing, and couldn't have been more helpful.
I cannot recommend Fanhams more!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ware
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Fanhams Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!