“Delicious Food”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ware
Meopham, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed for a 2 day,1 night conference and enjoyed the experience. The hotel is set in 27 acres, unfortunately too busy to explore, but it looked well cared for and attractive. I had lunch both days - 3 course buffet, breakfast plus an evening meal and all the food was delicious. A wide choice plus lots of healthy options, I think I have put on several pounds in weight as it was all so tempting.

My room was not large but plenty big enough with double bed and desk, good size en suite with bath and shower. There were nice touches, tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the room, good sized wall-mounted flat screen tv and attractive soft furnishings. The tea and coffee provided for the conference room plus water- still and sparkling and the selection of sweets all helped make the experience more enjoyable.

I did notice a bit of noise but not too obtrusive

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I went to this hotel with my sister in law and her husband. It was the place my husband was sent to in 1945 to convalesce after a burst appendix. He was only five and stayed for three months! He loved it and was not disappointed with this revisit all these years later.
Both our rooms were excellent and everything we required was there, including an iron and ironing board in the bedroom cupboard. Important to me!! My only criticism is that the room was cold as the central heating was not switched on. It was 29th May, but cold and rainy so we needed some
warmth. However I realise they were not on because it should have been warm for the time of year! We had an evening meal in the restaurant and it was delicious. We all had something different, but every meal was perfect! The same with breakfast! Lovely and the setting was fantastic. We had a walk round the grounds in the pouring rain and we were very impressed with them. The only downside of the visit was the pouring rain all day, but we will definitely be back on a sunny day because we loved it!!

Room Tip: Book on line because it was £50 cheaper!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fanhams, General Manager at Fanhams Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Diana

How lovely that you and your husband decided to visit Fanhams Hall after all these years - we have some old images of the hotel taken during this time with some children in the grounds. I would be more than happy to send you the history of Fanhams Hall including the wonderful gardens during this time.

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are delighted that you all had an enjoyable stay with us. I do hope we can welcome you both back again soon.

UK
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here as part of a wedding party. The hotel itself is in a lovely rural setting, and is an attractive building complete with stained glass, wooden staircases etc. We were in a courtyard room, away from the main hotel. Our room looked as though it had been recently refurbished so everything was of a very high standard. I think it was an accessible room as it was very spacious, had ramped access and a wet room. I would certainly recommend if if you were looking for an accessible room in the area.

Breakfast was good and plentiful, and the service during and after the wedding was great - everyone was very friendly and more than happy to help. We booked our room through Booking.com and got a better price than the hotel was offering, so value for money was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind comments and for recommending Fanhams Hall following your recent stay with us.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is in the middle of farms, with nothing close except a small sleepy town. The hotel itself is very comfortable, a lovely mix of the modern with the old. The old staircase, stained glass panels, myriad swinging doors, old chandeliers, period furniture - the overall feel is very warm.

The grounds are lovely with a quaint Japanese garden (which does stand out as a bit of an oddity the countryside!). The hotel exudes peace from every corner. One can almost hear the ducks as they walk past the main entrance road. The rooms are a tad small though very comfortable. The internet is patchy in some places and you do need to dance around the room to find the right spot. And then just not move from there! The food was very, very good with extensive buffets for lunch and breakfast. The service is very good too, with helpful and courteous staff. The only thing that I found amiss was the pressure in the shower - it was a trickle and having a bath took much more time than normal.

There is a surprisingly well-fitted, though small, gym tucked away behind the rooms. I dont think its used much but it did have quite a bit of the basic equipment. I would encourage anyone staying here to walk around in the grounds - these are truly very lovely.

Overall, it is a bit of a unique experience staying in a rather old property that has been very well maintained over the decades. Running a hotel in these premises could not be easy and the management has done a good job of ensuring that the facilities & amenities are not found lacking.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main building, on the upper level floors. The rooms are bigger and have a nice vi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sameer2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you had the opportunity to wonder around the hotel and see the changes in the stunning architecture and design of the property.

The Japanese Gardens were designed in the 1940's when the house was privately owned and includes a Grade II listed Japanese Tea House and many ornate Japanese Tea Lanterns.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

New Delhi
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel due to a conference. The location of the hotel is nice and peaceful (no action outside the hotel). The rooms are tiny and the Internet was painfully slow. The staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay and in particular the speed of the internet.

We are undergoing an upgrade of our IT systems externally and internally during June 2013 so this will certainly rectify the accessibility and speed of the internet.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely

Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

On April 27th I held a function at Fanhams Hall, the staff were friendly and helpful they went out of there way to make sure the evening was a success. The food that was served was very high standard and all guests commented on how nice it was,the attention to detail just topped the evening off. The bar staff were particually helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The room that i stayed in was clean and modern and very cosy. I would definatly book another function again or even to just stay the night. The staff at this hotel were always polite and friendly and nothing I asked for was too much trouble.

The hotel itself is beautiful it was lovely to walk round the grounds the morning after, they are kept very tidy and flowers are amazing. The breakfast that i had the morning after had great selection and was one of the best hotel breakfasts that I have had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridge
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at Fanhams on 11th May for a wedding reception, the staff were very cheerful and obliging, our room a double was rm 204 in the main building,the bed was a bit soft for us but that would be down to personal choice, we had an en-suite bathroom with a bath with a shower over it, a bit temperatmental but we got it right in the end :) I didnt like the fact I kept finding hairs that werent ours in the bathroom,The tea and coffee were in a box in the wardrobe? but seem to have everything you needed, only 1 chair for 2 guests if you didnt want to sit on the bed to watch TV.
The Bar was expensive........
We had breakfast on Sunday morning, there was a full selection of everything you could want to set you up for the day, the grounds were beautiful, and if we had got time woulddhave loved to go for a stroll..... maybe next time

Room Tip: Ask to see it before you stay? we had a nice room so can't complain :) The doors are fire doors...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ware
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Fanhams Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!