Upon arriving at Sukau Rainforest Lodge you are handed a printed silk sarong and told, "No sarong, no meal!" Of course they won't follow through with this (although we did all wear our sarongs to dinner). I loved that everything was included in one price here - meals,
Accommodation, tours, transfers. The standard of accommodation was far better than I expected- seems you can do a little bit of luxury in the jungle! We stayed in the Agnes Keith room - all rooms are named after explorers and the like who have visited Borneo, so there was also a Sir David Attenborough room. We couldn't believe it when Attenborough himself turned up to dinner one night! He was filming a documentary for Discovery Channel in the area. Apparently this lodge does the best food in the village, hence the visit (he supposedly tried to book accommodation but the lodge was full). The tours were brilliant - we saw orangutans, monkeys, crocs, Pygmy elephants, birds, snakes, monitor lizards... This was the highlight of our trip to Borneo. They will also take you to the orangutan sanctuary at Sepilok (although we were lucky enough to see orangutans in the wild). Our guide was "Jumanji" and we would recommend. All the tours were in boats which is great if you are scared of jungle snakes like me and don't want to be dealing with leeches!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge nestles on the banks of one of Borneo's most important waterways, the Kinabatangan River, home to many of Borneo's magnificent wildlife. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the rainforest and the cacophany of its inhabitants, its majestic birds, all 7 species of Borneo Primates including Borneo's iconic Proboscis Monkey, Orangutans in their natural habitat as well as herds of Borneo Pygmy Elephants. Sukau Rainforest Lodge offers the rare comfort and luxury in the midst of the Borneo Rainforest whilst retaining an Eco-Lodge ethos, the delicate balance of true sustainability. We promise to give you and your family an experience you'll always remember and one you'll never regret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Sukau Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukau Rainforest Hotel Sabah
- Sukau Rainforest Lodge Kinabatangan District, Sabah, Malaysia