“Tanah Aina is a little gems”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Raub District
Tanah Aina Farrah Soraya Resort
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
“Tanah Aina is a little gems”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Tanah Aina is a little gems in Pahang. We felt pampered in the middle of the jungle, food is excellent, room is well setup and activities is fun, bring back a lots old memories e.g. swimming in the crystal clear river, star gazing, trekking etc.

A special note to thanks the genuinely friendly staff that really make us feel at home!

Cons:
No hot shower means your little kids probably will jump a little in the cold water.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank siwei_m
TanahAinaResort, Manager at Tanah Aina Farrah Soraya Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Shih Wei,

Your comment is one of the reason why we strive very hard to make Tanah Aina better and better.

We want to host more families and help to remind them about the good old days.

Sincerely hoping that we can welcome you again at your house by the river.

Sara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Heard so much about this resort that finally we made it there for my husband's team building trip. The journey there took about an hour an a half from KL. The journey in there itself was different - a ride at the back of 4 wheel pick up truck on a bumpy, muddy terrain. Great massage.

We were greeted by the reception who didnt seem too happy . ( It was Ramadhan .. so maybe not a good time but on a weekday , we had the resort all to our self)..

Beauitful and well furnished chalets with a beautiful clear stream that runs right in front - now this is luxury right in the middle of the rainforest. Bathroom and toilet is not attached though . that's a bit of a bummer as we needed to walk out to the back and no warm water . But hey, still very comfortable with hair dryer, fan and cooler . I was glad we did not take the tents as it looked hot .

The jungle trek for the leap of faith was wonderful. 20 mins of trekking with ropes and trekking across the river twice. The second crossing was deep but with the life jackets - very easy. finally got to the waterfalls where many of younger members took the leap of faith. Lots of fishes, clear water and a great trek back following the river trail right up to the front of the chalet.

Lots of wild life that I have never seen before.

Thumbs up to Tanah aina. Even the dormitories were A class!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank malaccanlady
TanahAinaResort, Manager at Tanah Aina Farrah Soraya Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear MalaysianLady,

Thank you for your time writing this comment. We are honored to host nature lovers like your good self at our sanctuary and glad to hear that you had a great time with family & your husband's colleagues at our Leap of Faith waterfall trekking.

However, we were not too happy hearing about our reception's welcome upon greeting your group. Be rest assured that it is something we will definitely look into and impose on our front liners to offer the best service possible from here in the jungle.

Having said that, we honestly hope that you would come back to let us know again whether anything has been improved in that department.

Your home by the river awaits you.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went to Tanah Aina Farrah Soraya in April 2013. There were 9 of us, my husband and I, 3 girl friends and 1 guy friend as well 2 kids. What can I say, this place is a paradise! I love every single minute we spent here. We stayed in the tent, lulled by the sound of the flowing water from the crystal clear river in front of our tent. Perfect to jump into the river in the morning! Although please be mindful as the current is a bit strong, my friend's camera got swept by the current and cannot be found.

Everything just speaks nature. We were not allowed to bring our own shampoo or soap as the resort has made available nature friendly shampoo and soap. They even have natural mosquito repellent.

The part I love the most was when we took a kubota ride from the parking area to the resort. It was truly one of a kind experience for us, especially the kids. I love the jungle trekking, especially the river trekking part and peak to paradise activities. Since I have not fully recovered from my leg injury, my husband prohibited me from trying the leap of faith. He went for it twice, just to irritate me and make me jealous!

The service is beyond excellent and the food was great too!

Room Tip: If you like to truly experience nature, a tent is highly recommended. But if you want comfort, go fo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adiwati
Dear Adiwati,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your trip to Tanah Aina. We sincerely appreciate your feedbacks and are constantly trying to improve our services by listening to what our guests really want.

Kubota ride is one of our favorite too! We simply love the look on our guests' faces as they climb out of the Kubota and really take their time to appreciate the nature surrounding our place.

We can't wait for your recovery soon and hopefully we get to host you again where you try out our famous Leap of Faith :)

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My 4-yr old son has been bugging me to go camping for months, but we didn't have a tent or camping equipment, thought that the weather in Malaysia was too hot to sleep in a tent, and besides, I was getting to old to sleep on hard ground. Then I found tanah aina by googling 'camping in Malaysia' and immediately booked it for check in that same day!
I have to say, it was the best camping experience we've had so far, in the nicest location possible! Everything was clean and well thought out, from the location of the tents, the toilets (which were nicer than ours at home!), the grounds.. we were really impressed. The weather at night was really pleasant and we slept like logs. There was a wide variety of food and we never went hungry. In fact I think I gained a few pounds coz everything was so delicious! I wasn't too sure about taking the kids for the 2hr jungle and river trekking, but the guides helped us immensely and my son happily walked with us all the way.
I can't recommend Tanah Aina enough, I've told family and friends about it, I hope to go back there soon!
Well done to the people at Tanah Aina who made our stay so enjoyable and memorable xoxo

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank ZadaZainal
TanahAinaResort, Manager at Tanah Aina Farrah Soraya Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Zada,

We want to host more families and help them to expose young children to love nature.

Sincerely hoping that we can to host you again, perhaps in bigger party? :)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The car ride from the car park to the resort was enjoyable and drinks were served when we arrived.we then ate lunch, which was good traditional Malay food (rendang, vegetables, rice etc) although there could be a wider variety of drinks.
After lunch we walked to our rooms, The honeymoon suites, which were nice with comfortable beds.Our luggage had already been taken. After relaxing in our rooms for a while we went to join the leap of faith walk,you have to either wear trainers or buy rubber shoes to protect your feet on the walk. The walk was good but the wooden railing was poorly made although it was well worth it when we arrived at the waterfall, the water was pretty cold though . The leap of faith, which was a 15 foot jump off a platform, was good and there was a demonstration beforehand. There was also a rope to hold onto which ran through the waterfall pool and you had the choice of being held under the waterfall, which was enjoyable and very refreshing. When we arrived back our family played a game of table tennis and pool,all equipment was supplied and there was a charge of RM 3 for the pool table. Chalk was not supplied for the pool cues .There was also a variety of games like Congkat. The next day we went on the flying fox, which was surprisingly fast. Altogether a great trip that my family enjoyed.

Malay staff don't speak particularly good English but are friendly and smiley.

One or two nights would be enough for most, so a nice weekend away.

While the facility is on the in a beautiful valley on the edge of the jungle, there do not seem to be any organised tours to go and look for wildlife.

Not too many mosquitoes when we were there and the chalets are well equipped with window screens.

Room Tip: we stayed in the honeymoon chalets, by the stream, which were very nice although toilets are separat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JimMcL1967
TanahAinaResort, Manager at Tanah Aina Farrah Soraya Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear JimMcL1967,

First of all, thank you for leaving your feedbacks on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read your detailed descriptions upon reaching the car park to heading into your honeymoon suites by the river as it brings excitement to even us.

We are glad to inform that we just had our regular maintenance scheduled for the wooden railing. We hope that you may spend another time at our waterfall trekking to see the changes made.

We welcome you again, hopefully soon.

Malaysia
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful weekend getaway for those who like to be close to nature and love outdoors. No wifi patchy phone signal no in room TV. Perfect.
the resort is well maintain and staff very dedicated and attentive. Food is great and aplenty.

Was there with a group of friends and had a great time. the hike to the waterfall and leap of faith which is a jump of 15 feet to the water below is great fun and not to be missed.

We booked late and was given only the tenting option. It is not a great option. What made it worse was our tent R was next to the common toilet. Not good. If possible avoid this tent. I would have preferred to have the chalets unfortunately it was sold out. Book the honeymoon suites if you can they are well worth it.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank YongFC
Dear YongFC,

Thank you for your time writing this comment. We are honored to host nature lovers like your good self at our sanctuary and glad to hear that you had a great time with friends at our Leap of Faith waterfall trekking.

We are sorry to hear that your tent was the last one to be booked, as we are usually full house on weekends. Do try to book earlier to ensure you get your preferred type of accommodations; yes the honeymoon chalet would be awesome for your next trip to your home by the river.

Yours sincerely
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This is my second visit after last year in a flight back from Osaka read about it in Mas magazine . I act immediately and was at the resort 3 days after that.

As a diver n Eco resort lover , I have been travelling to many resort claiming Eco friendly . Yes they are in Eco torism . However none of the resorts I have been to are comparable to tanah aina .

Tanah aina is really awesome ; clean , comfortable , in the nature , good service , nice food ... Whatever u can think of .

A lot of thoughts were put in building and managing this resort ...that's the essence or spirit of tanah aina . They are so detail in every aspect to make guest comfortable , feel safe , feel friendliness ..go and discover yourself .. Those in architecture ,landscape and hospitality industry should pay a visit ..

Owner is always there and the whole team are remarkable ... Warm and Friendly ..

In short , what brought me back there again is you won feel any "commercial " smell here like resort wants to rip you off type ..

Just too comfortable to be here again and again like home ...

Thank you tanah aina for giving us a place to be in nature yet so comfortable .

Kevin tew

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Kevintew
TanahAinaResort, Manager at Tanah Aina Farrah Soraya Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Kevin

Thank you for spending some time to write these valuable feedbacks and lovely pictures. I remember your first trip to Tanah Aina right after we were featured in Going Places magazine. It landed you on our property, and truly you have been one of our great customer ever since.

We sincerely appreciate your satisfaction towards our accommodation, services and facilities.

It was a great pleasure to have you and family with us. I hope that we may welcome you again, perhaps with friends next time?

Look forward to seeing you again soon at your house by the river.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Raub District
The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort
The Waterway Villa
The Waterway Villa
#1 of 15 in Bentong

Been to Tanah Aina Farrah Soraya Resort? Share your experiences!