“Incredible trip”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rote Island
Nemberala Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rote Island
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went with some friends who surf well. I dont surf well but there is plent more to do. The fishing is amazing and they prepare it for everyone to share at night. The food was delicious. I intend to go back again soon. The location is remote so you will really get a chance to experience the true Indonesian culture. The jouney to get there is a exciting as the location. It is an experience that encompasses a very cultural trip with the relaxation of a vacation. A must!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Tami A

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our truly wonderful wedding, held at the Nemberala Beach Resort. At this point, words fail me... but I'll try :)

Having been to Rote twice before, we knew that the location was magical. However, the team at the resort made the week-long 'festivities' absolutely perfect. Greg, Yanto, Anita and all the staff were fantastic, and we will be forever indebted to them. Our family and friends, who had never been to the island before, had the time of their lives - fishing, surfing, diving, exploring and indulging in some R&R.

I can't recommend this place enough for everyone and anyone, and certainly if you are looking for a one-of-a-kind wedding destination! Thanks again team. With love from Kat and Brook.

Room Tip: Get married there!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Kat L
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Glad when I came to ROte island and stayed at amazing resort with nice staff.
Rote island is like secret beach that we have in far far away from the city. Have to do long trip to get here but all was good cause we got something after all . This resort is one of the best place in rote island, good attitude, food and clean. We were stayed for 9 days and it was incredible.
The room big enough, all clean they serve food on time.

Will back for sure,,,,,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank NRowenza
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nemberala beach resort is amazing. I have done many trips with Waterways surf travel over the last decade and they have always put me on the money. Nemberala beach resort caters for everyone from the hotshot surfer to the family man with his wife and kids.
Great pool, amazing location, loads of world class waves, stunning resort.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Lee C
Reviewed February 11, 2013

NBR sets the bench mark of the highest standard ive come across during my 20 years of traveling. Theres only so much that the resort and its management and staff can do to make an enjoyable holiday experience- the rest is up to the quality of the surf. What they do offer is hands down the best service, care, facilities & cuisine and its all sincere. The management and staff take a genuine interest and care while youre staying here (nothing is ever a chore when looking after you) , the food is plentiful (what you need after 8hrs surfing each day) and damn tasty!
I mean what more could you want? World class waves at your doorstep (access made easy to uncrowded breaks by their boats), classy comfy rooms, a massage set up to relax and unwind, amazing food (so much so that you need to go home and diet!) lounge chairs by the pool, perfect service and cold beers on the beach overlooking the left out front!
I cant speak highly enough of the local staff and management and what they offer (extremely affordable) in this stunning part of the globe.

Room Tip: Spread the word! Pay the extra and take the charter flight- well worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank PeteHead
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I Love Nemberala. I've done 5 or 6 Water Ways trips and it's my favorite. It's worth all the time to get out there. It's private, beautiful and the accomadations were VIP all the way. Unlike a Boat trip were room can be very tight, even on the high end boats, it's nice to roll around the property and play basket ball, Swim in the pool and eat at the best dinner hall i've ever scene at a surf camp. Rooms are super Clean and Plush. I slept great every night and mellowed out every day I was there.

For the Surf, I got it when the swell was huge for a week and the waves were almost to big for me. There is no line up for the waves other than the surfers staying there. It got pretty Huge and scary on a few days. The Guides were on point with keeping us in great surf and getting us back safely.

This trip isn't for a person trying to maximize a weeks vacation, but if you have 2 weeks, this trip is perfect. Private, 5 STAR and Perfect. It's hard to leave once you have been there.
Lowtide Lounge - Co Owner Drew Fin-Kelson

Room Tip: Every room is pretty much private, very clean and comfortable. They have rental boards too.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Drew F
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went to Nemberala with my boyfriend and a bunch of friends recently and had an amazing time. The Nemberala Beach Resort is like your own personal oasis. It starts in the morning when you wake up to the beautiful views of the water, palm trees and sand. The room are large, comfortable and always clean. The resort has a beautiful bar and dining area overlooking the ocean that is the focal point and gathering spot in the mornings, afternoon and evenings.

In our group the guys surfed everyday at least twice, and loved it. The surf was great. Some of the girls in the group surfed but with a range of different abilities and not to the same level as the guys. The boatmen were very knowledge and patient- they took us to spots were we could easily catch waves and it was uncrowded.

When we weren't surfing there were endless options of things to do. We enjoyed a daily massage, a game of volleyball (the staff is very good- so bring your A game), mountain biking, stand-up paddle boarding (in the lagoon), the pool and going into the village. The girls took a short walk into the village for the "farmers market" which Anita from Nemberala recommended we check out. They had some amazing spices that we took home.
There were a couple days that we also got to enjoy some great fishing. One of the people in our group caught an 86lbs dogtooth tuna!! The kitchen turned around and served us tuna sashimi as appetizers that same night! Which brings me to the food, we never had a bad meal. In the morning there were 2 breakfasts- one before the surf session (which most of the girls didnt make) , whcih consisted of cereals, fruits and the most amazing coffee. The second breakfast, for post surf, was eggs, bacon, pancakes etc..all so good. Lunch was served when most guys came back form their second session.Dinner was usually around 7 or so and always started with appetizers and drinks at the bar while everyone recapped the day.

One of my favorite things at Nemberala was the serve. Just imagine sitting by the pool, when Bobby comes around to ask what you want to drink. Coconut, he asks? Why yes that sounds refreshing, thank you. The next thing you hear is a giant *THUD*, and you look up only to see Bobby has shimmied his way up the coconut tree- barefeet and all, to cutdown a fresh coconut. He brings it to the bar, slices it open, comes and serve it to you at the pool. It doesn't get any better than that.

All in all the trip was amazing- the guys got there great surf, we had fun surfing easier waves, and enjoying the other numerous activites. The only complaint I have is that somehow the days seem to pass much quicker in Indonesia.

I am looking forward to going back later this year!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
#4 of 5 in Nembrala
Boa Vida Rote
Boa Vida Rote
#1 of 3 in Rote Island

Been to Nemberala Beach Resort? Share your experiences!