See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I just stay 1 night in this hotel, first problem is the fo cannot find my booking it takes 30 minute for them to confirmed my booking, the room is spacious, lighting is ok. Cleanness is fine the only problem is my room is at the back end of the hotel so i must walk for 60 meters,
Breakfast not bad, food have taste

They have a shuttle to airport for free and depart every 30 minute

Conclusion this hotel good for transit but not long stay

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Location of this hotel was close with Juanda Airport I and II and has free shuttle. The neighborhood quite crowded and near some store, food, and also Mc Donald. The Main building was quite dark and little spooky but the room was so spacious and maybe able to accommodate 4 person in 1 room. But the best part was free shuttle to airport and he breakfast served from 5 a.m.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

They didn't change the sheets between guests.

That says enough.

Found sperm stains on the bed, long hairs, and just plain disgusting.

Close to the airport, yes.

Makes your skin crawl, yes.

Book ibis just 10 minutes away.

DISGUSTING...

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Ivander A
Reviewed February 7, 2016

As airport hotels go, the Sinar 1 is above average, with well-designed large rooms, adequate lighting, a wide cable tv choice, and an airport shuttle-van/car service at 30-minute intervals. The spaciousness of the public areas is somewhat overwhelming, and the very long first-floor corridor sports a central design feature of fountains and greenery, akin to an airport concept.
Upper-tier guestrooms are well furnished with a desk, side-table and chairs beside the curtained wall-high corridor window, fridge and washbasin set behind an inner wall that faces the bed and holds the flat-screen TV.
Coffee shop, open from 5pm for breakfast, until 10 pm, has good menu, fair prices and tasty Indonesian main dishes.
The only problem for guests and their taxi-drivers is finding out which of the 3 Sinar hotel buildings is the booked one. All of them are called, simply, Sinar without a 1, 2o or 3 identifier. Do not leave the the taxi until you've checked with lobby staff that you've reached the right building.

Room Tip: be near elevator/lobby to avoid lengthy walk
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2015

I tried twice upon arrival at the Singapore airport to call the hotel, but no one answered. That should have given me a hint what laid before us.

The hotel receptionist, I'll call her "Cindy", told us that the payment was not yet made for my Expedia reservation. I showed her on my Expedia receipt that the payment was made. She was unconvinced. She made me give a deposit for the room.
We were taken to a room upstairs, and found that the airconditioner had not been started. We soon learned that it was inadequate for cooling the room. The staff later told us that all the rooms were the same. The airconditioners are not adequate for cooling the large rooms.
I called Expedia and the agent there confirmed that indeed my payment had been made. The Expedia agent tried calling the front desk of the Hotel, but no one was answering. So, I walked down there and found the phone ringing and Cindy helping other customers. I informed her that Expedia was calling and asked her to answer the phone. She refused.
On the fourth Expedia call, Cindy finally answered the phone. (All this time I was on my cell phone long distance to Expedia--eventually a 20 minute call.) Even when told by the Expedia agent that the payment had been made, Cindy was unconvinced. (We eventually worked out the payment.)
Next I asked about the bad airconditioner and was told that the staff would bring a “blower”. Two young men brought a filthy fan to our room, and it would not start. So, they went looking for another. While they were gone the fan started working. They explained to us that the fan had not been warmed up enough to start right away. We had little confidence in that fan, so we asked for another. That one made a huge amount of noise, but we put up with it all night.
Cindy told us that we could go get a welcome drink at the restaurant. I later asked her if we could pick it up and take it to our room, since we did not want to turn off our airconditioner (which is necessary if you leave the room, since pulling the card key turns off everything). Cindy suggested that we leave our room unlocked! I asked her to make me a second key, but she said that is against policy. Ditto for taking the welcome drink to our room. I went to the restaurant and found three pleasant and helpful young women who gave me two apple juices and said it was fine to take them to the room.
The room was of a very odd design. All the rooms have a large window facing into the inner court. There are orange curtains which are barely big enough to cover the window. Light comes through the curtains, so the room is not dark. Why anyone would design a room in such a way is beyond me. The room was very large, as was the bathroom. It was a real waste of space, and made it impossible for the little air conditioner to make a dent on the heat and humidity.
There was no WiFi in the room.
It was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but there was an ashtray in the room, and one built into the wall next to the toilet.
It was clear to us that the hotel management does not have service to the customer in mind. We got the impression that the hotel staff are driven more by fear of not carrying out inflexible policies established by the management than by serving their customers.
This hotel is awful. Avoid it!

Room Tip: If you wish to have a cool room, based on feedback from the staff, there are no good rooms. The best room would be at another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple