“Not a wise choice”
Review of Wan Loong Hotel

Wan Loong Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pontian District
Wan Loong Hotel
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Few weeks ago, I spend 1 night superior room at Wan Loong Hotel Pontian. This my sharing:

Location: Good. No sea view.

Car park- Pay by hourly parking coupon during the weekday in the day and overnight at your own risk.

Lift- 3rd storey without lift.

Room- Big room, Queen-size bed.

Bed, blanket and pillow- Good.

Toilet- Reasonable size toilet with 2 sets of basic toiletries and towers.

Cleanliness and maintenance- Minimum acceptable standard.

TV - No slim TV & wide screen LCD TV as mentioned with only a few viewable channels.

Breakfast- Only a few choices in minimum acceptable standard.

Internet- High signal received but totally NOT connectable. Reception said “it’s like this”.

Service- Poor or no service for any request. Ordered 2 sets in-room breakfast at 9am, but they send at 8am with only 1 set.

Air condition & Refrigerator - Minimum acceptable noise level in lowest fan. No refrigerator.

Window- 4-piece windows with 3 broken which handle can’t be locked. Noise from the opposite bus terminal and the front car park since early morning. Toilet open windows were too high to close.

Conclusion- For this kind of price, better more choices around the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cwyf

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 1 nite n took 1 standard n 1 superior room. Clean n affordable. Breakfast served in d room but should provide more choices instead of 4 options. Value for money. Hotel located opposite d bus terminal. McD just around d corner n its open 24hrs.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife, 4-year old daughter and I stayed there for one night. Checked in on 25 December 2011 and checked out on the next day. It was easily spotted as the hotel was painted in pink. Parked at a public place before checking in and did not need to pay as it was a public holiday. We arrived quite late in the afternoon but no problem with that since we had made payment earlier. Staffs were friendly enough but nobody offered to carry our bags. There were no elevators and we carried our bags ourselves.

POSITIVE:
# clean room
# nice decor
# no hassle late check in
# clean shower & toilet

NEGATIVE;
# bathroom and bed were small
# no elevators
# hot drinking water from outside of room

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Zairul Azri U
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have stayed one night at Wan Loong hotel for convenient travelling to Tanjung Piai (the Southern Most Tip of Mainland Asia & mangrove sanctuary) and Kukup (for seafood).

Location: Excellent, as it is right opposite to bus station. It is approximately 200m-300m away to seaside park (great for sunset viewing). There are also a supermarket (Giant), banks (Maybank/ CIMB), Guardian (pharmacy), McDonald's & other amenities within walking distance.

Hotel: Wifi-service available. It has a private roof top garden with a number of potted plants for guests' enjoyment. Water dispenser (hot & cold water) are located on every floor near the exit. The only set-back is there is no lift within the building (not elderly and disabled friendly).

Room: We got a room with windows (with premium pricing). Comfortable beds with clean linen. Bathroom is simple, complete with toiletries. Good selection of TV channels. One thing different from other budget hotels is Wan Loong has mini fridge in the room for use.

Overall, it's a good hotel for a stop-over.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Syeen
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel located just next to bus station and town, with plenty of restaurants around. Hotel room cozy, well designed, comfy bed, good service, kind and helpful staff but horrible toilet. The management needs to advise worker to clean the toilet for every check out.. The toilet not clean for more than a year.... Basin, wc, shower area, window... Hope the management will improve this in the future....

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jaki H
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed here to attend a wedding in Pontian. At first we were quite skeptical on the Hotel but there were no hotel available nearby. With the price we paid, we get a comfortable and clean room, with LCD TV and it is very spacious. There is fridge or hot drink facilities but they provide hot drink facilities at every floor. Food is not a problem as there are many local stalls and restaurants nearby. The room is including breakfast, and they will send your breakfast an your preferred time.

The only drawback is they don't have lift and not all rooms have window. We changed our room, just to get the room with window.

Overall, it was pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Before reserving your room, just ask if the room is with or without window as it can be quite stuffy...